• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V previews coming 6/9 (no story info though)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More info on other areas would be nice. Afghanistan, ???, ???, etc.

I know they were doing snow sound effects at one point. Would be cool if that ended being in the Himalayas or something.

Woffls

Game's looking good, and some of the missions are especially ingenious. I had some trouble getting through one recently where I had to use C4, grenade launchers and rockets to take out a tank convoy while dozens of enemies tried to flank me from a village on top of a mountain. And they're way more ruthless and able than the ones in previous games (probably due to the open-world thing).
Do you know if we can we skip missions like this? Or at least be able to have drastically different approaches?

Jawmuncher

I just want to know about Boss Fights.
It's not a Metal Gear game without boss fights. Kojima said they would be in, but I would have thought we would see a basic type one by now.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is the PT Lisa decoy thing still in the game?
dbeQSxR.jpg

Thanks Brazil!

Is the fail state a binary "mission over/retry" thing, or is there a more dynamic solution to this? i.e. mission parameters shift if you're spotted or similar. Note that I'm not asking for death, I assume if you're killed you get to retry.

In terms of weapons/gadgets available, is this like every other MGS game where you get weapons as the story progresses or due to the open world nature do you get access to weapons as early as you can? (by finding them in warehouses, etc).

Thanks again!

Erban1

How's the mission variation? Also can you comment on map size? Its been teased but is it as massive as it looks and is exploration properly rewarded?

Do you know if we can we skip missions like this? Or at least be able to have drastically different approaches?

IIRC there's supposed to be a mission select of sorts, so you can probably bypass hard missions like this(unless it's a story mission).

And holy shit I'm excite.

Exr

Is the voice acting with Keifer very prevalent or does he not have a lot of lines?
KEEP HOPE ALIVE IM STILL CHUGGIN THAT HAYTERADE

Just to clear everyone's doubts once and for all, is the game basically Peace Walker with GZ gameplay + open world maps instead of PSP-size maps?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Damn can't wait to play this.
I'd kill a man for the chance to have the full game now.

Boke1879

The fact that you've played for so long and have barely scratched the surface means I'm going to spend 10's of hours trying to complete this game.

CHC

I doubt there will be a "downgrade" since Ground Zeroes already came out and is a pretty good proof of concept and indicator of graphical quality.

I'm just happy it's not cancelled in the wake of the Konami shitstorm that's been going on. I'll believe it when I see it on shelves, but I remain optimistic.

Z3M0G

I'm currently 8 hours in and have barely scratched the surface in Afghanistan in terms of collectibles, side missions and optional objectives. It's insane.

This sounds terrible...

This is Metal Gear. Not Elder Scrolls / Dragon Age / Witcher...

At 8 hours, you should be half way through your 16 hour cinematic experience.

Top Bottom