• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V previews coming 6/9 (no story info though)

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm mainly interested about the missions and the amount of scenes/dialogue interwoven through them.

Also, do you do one mission then leave and come back to do another? Or can you tackle multiple missions at once?

Alienous

I'm wondering how the mission structure is. Is it like Peace Walker, where you get dropped in an area (say, Afghanistan) to complete a single objective, or do you have the opportunity to complete multiple quest missions before returning to base?

saw this from one of the chinese press site

Prologue "Awakening"
The first chapter "Revenge"
Task 1 "Phantom Limbs"
Task 2 "Diamond Dogs"
Task 3 "A Hero's Way"
Task 4 "C2W"
Task 5 "Over The Fence"
Task 6 "Where Do The Bees Sleeps"
Task 7 "Red Brass"
Task 8 "Occupation Force"
Task 9 "Back Up, Back Down"
Task 10 "Angel With A Broken Wing"
Task 11 "Cloaked in Silence"

mission names?

http://www.a9vg.com/201505/4000744091.html

It seems not a single fuck is given in China.

Each mission has their own credits screen with stuff like "Starring Snake" and "Written by Hideo Kojima".

It's fun.

Like Ground Zeroes? Ugh. Sounds like it'll really divide up the 'open world' experience.

We saw on gameplays that jeeps can slip on horse turds.
How about other vehicles? Animals, guards and Big Boss himself?

You know like: oh no! enemy spotted me I must run! (suddenly) oh shieeeet!"

Jb

How big is the map? Are you mostly going back to the same enemy bases or locations for side missions or is it big enough that they don't have to re-use "levels" PW/Ground Zeroes style?

This sounds terrible...

This is Metal Gear. Not Elder Scrolls / Dragon Age / Witcher...

At 8 hours, you should be half way through your 16 hour cinematic experience.

Then play through the story and don't get distracted. The game gives you the option of doing that. You can select a specific story mission to do or simply play around in the open world completing side missions or collecting things.

Rajang

Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha.

Is the weapon level system back from Peace Walker? In PW you had the Mk22 and you started with a level 1 version and you could upgrade it to level 5 (increasing damage and durability of the silencer).

Is OuterOps back?

If you are at Motherbase how do you go to your next mission? And how does replaying missions work?

What's the use of capturing animals?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
This sounds terrible...

have you played any metal gear?
what the fuck are you on?

Kazuhira

Boss battles man,i don´t want their names or anything i just want to know if they´re fun and creative.
I hope it´s nothing like PW.

Rajang

This sounds terrible...

Have you even played Peace Walker? This game is a direct sequel to it.

Betty

Banned
This sounds terrible...

Even if you rushed through Peace Walker you were looking at close to 30 hours of playtime, Phantom Pain is supposed to be way, way bigger than that.

Also, this all sounds great, but I know spoilers are coming, so it's time to go dark on MGS threads.

Sotha_Sil

I just got to Ground Zeroes and was amazed at how much I enjoyed it considering my general disdain for the rest of the series.

While the small scope of the level got old quick, it did its job - getting me hyped for the full package. If that level of polish can be applied to the much larger scope of TPP, I'll be quite impressed. Can't wait to see more!

Slowdive

Banned
Mission names revealed already it seems. Avoiding spoilers come release week is going to be hard.
Each mission has their own credits screen with stuff like "Starring Snake" and "Written by Hideo Kojima".

It's fun.

The twist is the game was a TV show all along. :p

Like Ground Zeroes? Ugh. Sounds like it'll really divide up the 'open world' experience.

The whole 'open-world' thing with MGSV has always been misleading, imo.

It was clear that the game's story is mission-based first-and-foremost, with the open-world thing secondary as more of a game level component, rather than a narrative driver.

Erban1

Everyone's posting glowing impressions on Twitter, why can't the release date get pushed up? This wait is torture

On Demand

Banned
The whole 'open-world' thing with MGSV has always been misleading, imo.

It was clear that the game's story is mission-based first-and-foremost, with the open-world thing secondary as more of a game level component, rather than a narrative driver.

Thank god for this honestly.

Have you fought bosses yet? If you have, how do you compare them against the previous MG's? (no need to spoil the boss name, just your impression)

Genio88

This sounds terrible...

That what i was thinking too, i mean, i love Metal Gear cause it has great characters, story, and a cinematic feeling coming from Kojima's great love for movies, now he's describing MGSV like if it was The Witcher 3!
That said i still have confidence i'll find all that i loved in this serie in this last game too

dat main menu

CE0bAn0UsAEpbN8.jpg:large

Top Bottom