• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V previews coming 6/9 (no story info though)

Rajang

The whole 'open-world' thing with MGSV has always been misleading, imo.

It was clear that the game's story is mission-based first-and-foremost, with the open-world thing secondary as more of a game level component, rather than a narrative driver.

Exactly why I'm so hyped. MGSV has the perfect "open world" approach. The game gives you so many options and you can be so creative in completing your objective. When you look at other open world games, you have one gigantic map where you can get lost in, but when you do the missions they are always very linear and you can only finish the mission in 1 way. MGSV really gives you freedom when it comes to the missions.

This game is going to be incredible.

CE0bAn0UsAEpbN8.jpg:large

Is this from the event ? Probably not.

I may be able to answer some questions later, so feel free to ask non-story-related ones.

Are kills tracked on a mission-by-mission basis? I may be remembering wrong but in Peace Walker the game was much more forgiving about kills where you could just replay the mission again later to get an S rank rather than go back to an earlier save like the previous games.

So in terms of scope if you want to do at least 90% of the game its not a 10 hour game then?

It seems more like a 30 hour game maybe 20 for story only?

Woffls

Oh man, everything about this game sounds perfect. It'll be strange having an unpredictable experience in Metal Gear, but it seems like the mechanics will be able to deal with it quite handily. Weather systems will be amazing.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
I feel like this game is going to get delayed....then again since Kojima;s contract is up in December they might just get it done on time.

So in terms of scope if you want to do at least 90% of the game its not a 10 hour game then?

It seems more like a 30 hour game maybe 20 for story only?

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Peace Walker is over 80 hours if you want to do 90-100% of the game.
On the PSP.

TPP is probably going to be 30 hours minimum at a casual pace, only for story.

Jimmydg

Brazil, If you had to compare what you've played so far with Ground Zeroes. How would you say it is? As good as the prologue?
What about the balance gameplay and story?
Do you keep pace so absorbing like in Ground Zeroes?
Without going into details and without committing to anything :D

KorrZ

Really happy to see new stuff from TPP coming out. It just reassures me that everything is all well and good with the game.

Not going to be reading any of it though - this is the only chance I have at a pure MGS experience since I just played the series this year, and of course a lot was spoiled by osmosis.

Courage

The whole 'open-world' thing with MGSV has always been misleading, imo.

It was clear that the game's story is mission-based first-and-foremost, with the open-world thing secondary as more of a game level component, rather than a narrative driver.
I think I prefer this.

Rajang

Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha.

Have you encountered any boss fights? Are they traditional Metal Gear boss fights or are they vehicle and A.I battles like in Peace Walker? And please don't spoil the bosses.

Can you bring vehicles you've capture to the missions?

Can you create your own Metal Gear and customize it like in PW?

In what ways can you interact with DD?

Have you found any weapons and items specs?

How is the moter base management of your staff compared to PW?

Top Bottom