• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oblivion PS3, any chance of it happening?

Mau ®

At E3 there was no announcement and it seems Snatches claims of it coming to PS3 and PSP was a terrible lie.

Do you guys think its still possible to see a PS3 port of Oblivion?

Speevy

Banned
This thread won't end well. If it happens, I doubt we'll see it this year. And by 2007 it will be far less meaningful.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
nkeusa_boohoo.gif

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
This thread won't end well. If it happens, I doubt we'll see it this year. And by 2007 it will be far less meaningful.

isn't the only meaning to give people who buy a PS3 something to play?

is there another meaning :eek:

Speevy

Banned
Amir0x said:

is there another meaning :eek:

By then I expect a flood of new PS3 games, and just like GTA on the Xbox, people have seen and/or experienced Oblivion before. It's not fresh. That was my point.

Jonnyram

Amir0x said:
You mean Minna no Golf Super Deluxe Pocky-sized Morning Musume Bonanza Edition (TM) won't be enough?

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You mean Minna no Golf Super Deluxe Pocky-sized Morning Musume bonanza edition won't be enough?

shit yeah. Every launch ever in the history of videogames sucked and was followed by months of more suckitude. Oblivion would be like a mana gift from God unto the PS3 landscape for those pitiable fools who don't have a powerful enough PC or a 360

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Amir0x said:
shit yeah. Every launch ever in the history of videogames sucked and was followed by months of more suckitude. Oblivion would be like a mana gift from God

I do have to admit, ports of early 2006 games do make the best, unique launch titles.

Amir0x

Banned
McBacon said:
I do have to admit, ports of early 2006 games do make the best, unique launch titles.

launch titles? I mean it could come a month after launch for all it matters, it's a great game that's most certainly 'next-generation' - all them sappy, rich PS3 owners should be glad to have such a title to pick up, if it happened. Certainly they gotta dig their way through some shitty feature deprived EA sports titles and crappy Activision cashjobs at launch, so they might as well have something that is legitimately GOTY calibre. Port or not! Next-gen ports to other next-gen systems are much better than current-gen to next-gen ports, anyway!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Jonnyram said:
You mean Minna no Golf Super Deluxe Pocky-sized Morning Musume Bonanza Edition (TM) won't be enough?

minna no golf 5 will be more fun than any of the overhyped bullshit gafers argue about. gimme that and rr7 and i'll be happy.

GhaleonEB

Oblivion should be experienced by as many people as possible, so on that level I hope it happens. Then they can figure out why that Oblivion thread is barreling towards 10,000 posts. :)

goldenpp72

I dunno, I remember some gaf guy said it was gonna happen and it has yet to be announced, obviously it COULD happen.

If it does, I imagine it will contain EXCLUSIVE HORSE ARMOR

drohne said:
minna no golf 5 will be more fun than any of the overhyped bullshit gafers argue about. gimme that and rr7 and i'll be happy.

This is true. I just hope people actually play online on PS3 cause the amount of people playing HSGFore! on PS2 was pitiful.

Mau ®

Actually some Gaf guy also said expect 2 major announcements from Bethesda later this year, it was in response regarding a PS3 version of Oblivion.

I wanna buy a X360 but I also want a PS3 and I don't want to have 2 consoles (and no Im not getting a Wii... well maybe later). Fact is, most of the X360 games I really want are on PC (Condemned, Oblivion, Alan Wake will eventually end up on Vista) but most of the PS3 games Im anticipating are not likely to go to PC.

Since Im getting a new laptop I imagine I might buy Oblivion to play it on it if PS3 version does not happen. But I prefer playing things on my TV.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think most people are a bit sensitive to the odor of a joke that's now ages past its sell-by date. not that this has ever stopped gafers before. YA RLY LOL

Borys

Banned
Speevy said:
Giant mud crab armor would be more appropriate.

I can already see your heart shattering to pieces when the official announcement comes. After that you'll be lowballing it like there's no tomorrow.

Kapsama

Didn't they cancel it last year when Sony stated that the PS3's hdd wouldn't support gaming functions? Well since the PS3 has standard hdds now, I really hope Oblivion does come out for PS3.

Rhindle

It's certainly possible, given the lack of announced exclusivity, and the fact that Oblivion made heavy use of middleware that will be available on PS3 eventually.

On the other hand, I suspect that the number of Western RPG fans who will own a PS3 and not an Xbox is about equivalent to the number of JRPGers who only own 360s. In other words, not much incremental market.

Speevy

Banned
Borys said:
I can already see your heart shattering to pieces when the official announcement comes. After that you'll be lowballing it like there's no tomorrow.

I'll take solace in consolized versions of your favorite PC games.

ram

there is more than enough time to announce a ps3 version. especially as a "game of the year" edition - afterall oblivion is a huge cash cow for take2 and bethesda. and since the ps3 supports the hdd as standard, i cant see, why there wont be a port in the future.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Oblivion looks good enough for me to splash out $400 on an Xbox360 just to play it and I would do it, but for some very stange reason my mum hardly lts me buy videogames. She thinks that they distract me from my studies, even though I barely have that much time to spend playing videogames. She says that I can buy anything i want with my money, but as soon as i mention a console or a videogame she gets annoyed.

GhaleonEB said:
Well, look at it this way. Oblivion is good enough to justify a $600 gaming system. And the 360 is only $400. It's a steal!

Well look at it this way. I'm not buying a console for one game. Or three for that matter. I did that mistake with Xbox and Ninja Gaiden and I wasted lots of money I didn't have. I see a console as an investment.

GhaleonEB

fortified_concept said:
Well look at it this way. I'm not buying a console for one game. Or three for that matter. I did that mistake with Xbox and Ninja Gaiden and I wasted lots of money I didn't have. I see a console as an investment.
A big investment.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Didn't they make up their mind a long time ago that it wasn't coming to PS3? I'd imagine that with a game as big as Oblivion, you don't give the green light again just like that overnight...

At the end of '05 when Oblivion was scheduled to come out there were pretty heavy rumors of it coming out at launch for PS3 but i dont see that happening. It would make sense to release a GOTY edition for PS3 next year but that depends on whether Bethesda wants to recode it for PS3 or not. Considering how badly the Xbox360/PC versions run i doubt that they want to, but that doesn't mean they won't do it.

In conclusion, i dont know. :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Didnt snatches get the info about Oblivion being on PS3 from a retail list? Shouldnt they usually be very reliable?

Top Bottom