• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In which we speak only in GAFisms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
READ THE OP

"Let's talk about" GAFisms.

GAFisms - phrases or words typically used on the neoGAF message board, such as "GAFisms thread? GAFisms thread."

"What does GAF think?"

Edit : lock if old.

MODS PLEASE CAN WE CHANGE THE TITLE TO "IN WHICH WE SPEAK ONLY ABOUT GAFISMS."

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

One and done.

OP just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about NeoGAF (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in GameFAQs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you shitpost over on GAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is other Gaffers, after hearing about this, are not going to post here, nor will they read any of OP's threads. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but OP has alienated an entire website with this move.

OP, publicly apologize and close this thread or you can kiss your posting privileges goodbye.

This too.

Timeless

Completely irrelevant, washed-up gaming person: "Quote about current gaming event"
Can we talk about how I'm so scared to make this thread that I have to preface this with "can we talk about"?
So, as in, I am so boring.
I have 85 characters for thread titles but...
Thread title [year-old news in these brackets that never gets removed]

Since I'm feeling helpful, here are ways you could write titles for the same stories:

"Slightly more detailed quote about current gaming event" [source not attributed in title because the person isn't that important]
Topic [don't start with "can we talk about"]
Topic [don't use "so" to start a thread or title]
I'll get to the point and put as much info into the title as possible.
Thread title [I PMed a mod so our extremely old news isn't in the title anymore!]

Lock if old.

NwqsK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom