• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

LaneDS

Terrible weapon feedback. Never more than a few enemies on screen. Disappointed with the first showing.

It looked pretty on my stream, but it looked slow and boring and something no one would get that excited about if it wasn't branded Doom.

Maybe Doom 3 made me cynical but this didn't really help my fears any.

Main things that worried me:

1. it was pretty slow for someone who was bragging about it being fast

2. it seems to be more painkiller "fight room of enemies, move on" then having any doom exploration. The hand opening the door sort of suggested there might be a key system? but I'm not real confident.

3. I didn't like the enemy design. The enemies didn't look nearly as distinctive as they did in OG doom.

4. All those executions

Fuck. Yes.

Cannot wait to jump into this world. Love the stylish kills and Metroid Prime-like double jumping and wall grabs.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'll probably be part of the minority here, but fuck that looked bad. That looked fucking awful. That was my most hyped game of the conference, Fallout or not.

I played Doom on a computer without a sound card. I purchased games as a teen while worrying if it was going to run on my PC or not because of that. Doom was beeps and bloops for me until the PSX version.

No cheesy metal for me. Just atmosphere. Fuck I love Doom.

This was fucking garbage IMO. I am crushed. But then again, I understand why people are going to be excited and it's OK. This is a new version of Doom, for a new audience. It's all right.

I think the worst thing about it is you're only fighting a few enemies at once.

At the very least Doom 3 had the horror angle so individual enemies were kinda scary on their own, but here it just looks dull.

LordJim

My idea of appealing to Doom fans involved the game being twice as fast, without cinematic kills every 10 seconds(and chainsaw kills being only cinematic apparently) with metal music blasting.

This was just meh

wonzo

Banned
"fast movement"

if nothing else, hopefully snampmap supports tc's and maybe i'll buy this in a few years on sale

Skux

The hell demo is a lot better and shows what Doom is about - constant action and being swarmed by enemies.

The pause for weapons switching needs to go, though.

jetsetrez

Looks dope as fuck to me. I wish it were faster, but it still looks like it's trying to be what I want, which is just straight up balls to the wall action, incredible visuals, and ridiculous demon hell shotgun chainsaw shit.

NIGHT-

They just don't understand what people loved about the original doom games. The level design, awesome enemy design and ai, and fast gameplay is what made doom. This just looks like a sequel to doom 3

Top Bottom