• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Critics E3 award winners - Fallout 4 Best of Show

Man

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Best of Show
Fallout 4
(Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Original Game
Horizon Zero Dawn
(Guerrilla Games/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Best Console Game
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertianment for PlayStation 4)

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
(Nintendo for 3DS)

Best PC Game
Fallout 4

Best Hardware/Peripheral
Oculus Touch
(Oculus VR)

Best Action Game
Star Wars Battlefront
(DICE/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Action/Adventure Game
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Best Role Playing Game
Fallout 4

Best Racing Game
Need for Speed
(Ghost Games/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Sports Game
FIFA 16
(EA Canada/EA Sports for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Family/Social Game
Super Mario Maker
(Nintendo EAD/Nintendo for Wii U)

Best Online Multiplayer
Star Wars Battlefront
(DICE/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Independent Game
No Man's Sky
(Hello Games for PC, PlayStation 4)

Special Commendation for Graphics

stats said:
Winner Breakdown By # of Wins

Three Wins:
Fallout 4

Two Wins:
Star Wars Battlefront

One Win:
FIFA 16
Horizon Zero Dawn
Need for Speed
No Man's Sky
Oculus Touch
Super Mario Maker

Publisher Breakdown

Five Wins:
Sony Computer Entertainment

Four Wins:
Electronic Arts

Three Wins:
Bethesda Game Studios

Two Wins:
Nintendo

One Win:
Oculus VR

Platform Breakdown By # Of Wins
(Notes: Multiplatform games/hardware are counted in all appropriate platform tallies. Information based on announced platforms for each winner as of 7/6/2015)
PlayStation 4: 12 (Same as 2014)
PC: 9 (Same as 2014)
Xbox One: 7 (-2 from 2014)
Wii U: 1 (-1 from 2014)
3DS: 1 (Same as 2014)

massoluk

Banned
I feel very disconnected from this E3, couldn't get hyped for Fallout 4 at all. I'm sure it will be multiple GOTY winners again, but I just felt "been there, done that"

nib95

Banned
They all sound like fair and reasonable picks. Though I wasn't personally massively impressed by Fallout 4 (that janky movement/combat, poor animations, and those lacklustre visuals), I can understand the excitement. Still enjoyed all the other games in the franchise, and this one still looks fun, with a few cool new additions and tweaks.

fedexpeon

Banned
So it looks like FO4 will be bad.
E3 Best of Show has been really reliable these last few years on predicting bad game.

And with Bethesda amazing QA....I can't wait!

I feel very disconnected from this E3, couldn't get hyped for Fallout 4 at all. I'm sure it will be multiple GOTY winners again, but I just felt "been there, done that"

Im a big Bethesda fan but I agree. Fallout 4 didn't impress me at all but I know I'm the minority on that one

Not that I'm not feeling Battlefront (until the release gives me a reason not to) but I would have voted Doom for action game, easy.

Getting to play Fallout 4 in Nov made me jump out my seat and do this to my cousin:

yeb1kVr.gif

So even though Sony's 3 megatons made me feel the same or better, the more immediate and tangible pleasure was getting Fallout 4 so soon.

Bloodrage

Banned
Congrats, Guerrilla. Well deserved. But I personally would have chosen it for game of show as well. Nothing else came close. The Fallout obsession is getting old.

Need for Speed over Forza 6? Something is not right here.
It does look more fun. Seems about right to me.

Verger

Banned
I can already feel the media pushing Fallout 4 as the "default" GOTY contender narrative now. Even though for me Witcher 3 will be the far far better game.

Best Console Game
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertianment for PlayStation 4)

Best Action/Adventure Game

Special Commendation for Graphics

Best Original Game
Horizon - Zero Dawn
(Guerrilla Games/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Hell yeah, baby!
Well-deserved winners!

ValfarHL

I would take a Obsidian Fallout 4 without _any_
stupid
base building stuffs, over what Bethesda has got going with whatever their vision is.

ninjabat

Good for Horizon. Genuinely surprised by Fallout winning after all the complaints about graphics online with the reveal trailer.

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
(Nintendo for 3DS)

Best Family/Social Game
Super Mario Maker
(Nintendo EAD/Nintendo for Wii U)

The "I guess we should toss Nintendo a bone - wait, were they even here this year?" awards.

hawk2025

I was hoping Horizon would win Game of the Show :(

However -- I AM glad that this E3 has broke the streak of multiplayer-only games sweeping the awards :)

Good list. As for Cuphead, it probably went up against No Man's Sky for best indy game and lost. I can understand the pick but it's hard to see NMS as an indy at this point with all the force sony placed behind it.

Not surprised by Fallout 4 and ND cleaning house, very glad Horizon won Original Game.

Also whats up with the Fallout 4 hate train, did I miss something?

AAK

Fallout 4 wins best game and best PC game but doesn't win best console game? Nice philosophy on consistency.

I would take a Obsidian Fallout 4 without _any_
stupid
base building stuffs, over what Bethesda has got going with whatever their vision is.

Then don't do it. The base building stuff was the best part for some of us, and it seems completely optional.

As stupid as it
doesn't
sound rebuilding society in a post post apocalypse game is a feature others wanted.

hawk2025

Good list. As for Cuphead, it probably went up against No Man's Sky for best indy game and lost. I can understand the pick but it's hard to see NMS as an indy at this point with all the force sony placed behind it.

Cuphead has Microsoft force behind it, so that would probably disqualify it as well.

At this point, we should just consider "Is the developer independent and owns the IP they are working on?" as Indie.

Or something. Or maybe not worry too much about it :p

Fallout 4 wins best game and best PC game but doesn't win best console game? Nice philosophy on consistency.
I guess Fallout is too... PC-ish to win? Makes no sense to me either!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Industry people have always been crazy for Fallout. I wish I could get excited by it myself.

Really glad Horizon got a nod. Uncharted doing well isn't surprising, it's ND after all, but it's good to see Guerrilla getting some love as well.

Pretty good. Fallout 4 looks much more interesting than Fallout 3. I am quite a bit more excited by Horizon but F4 is out sooner and looks pretty ace.

U4 is the right pick for graphics. Looks downright insane.

Would love to know what the alternatives were for best racing game.

edit.
Best Racing Game
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10/Microsoft Studios)
- Need for Speed (Ghost Games/EA)
- Trackmania Turbo (Nadeo/Ubisoft)

So AAA gaming.

Pretty much. It was a little disheartening towards the end of E3 to see all the stickers for "Best of E3" from different sites on other booths and thinking "Forget winning, I wish somebody from that site had even bothered to check out our game; might have been able to get a good article out of them."

Top Bottom