• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

ZhugeEX

Banned
ps4_vita_chinese_thumb.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Asia have confirmed that they will be holding a press conference prior to the China Joy expo due to start one day later. This information was disclosed by Hiroyuki Oda during an interview yesterday, he also said that Andrew House, Shuhei Yoshida and a number of well know game producers will be there to discuss the future of PlayStation in China and to promote the next wave of unannounced games to launch in the country.

Oda said that there are plans to support more developers in China and give them the opportunity to promote their IP on PlayStation 4 in China and also on the international market. Independent developers will also have opportunities open to them in order to grow the number of Chinese games on PlayStation 4. Sony have been very active when localising games into Chinese for the overall Asia market and they plan to show just how far they've come and what's next to come as well.

Sony will be providing multiple programmes to local developers including technical support and financial incentives, with the aim for these developers to create console game products on PlayStation 4 that feature both Chinese cultural characteristics and local ways of game play, all aimed at meeting Chinese consumption habits.

China Joy is the digital entertainment expo that is hosted every year in Shanghai. It is full of China's best game developers and producers to promote their products. This year Sony will be promoting their games alongside local Chinese developers. Games developed in China such as King of Wushu have launched on PS4 in China and will also be launching internationally later this year. This is a trend we will continue to see.

The PlayStation 4 continues to remain the most popular console in China thanks to continued support from Sony and this press conference will help solidify their position in the China market. The conference is expected to cover the future of PlayStation, new games coming out and a quick look at Morpheus.

When asked about sales in the country, Sony refused to comment but said that Bloodborne and Final Fantasy X/X-2 were among their top sellers.

Please note that this press conference will not have any information related to Western titles and will be about China only. Do not get hyped at all.

For more information on the China market, please check out these threads written by me-
PS4 & PS Vita launch in China
One Month of PS4 sales in China beats 8 months of Xbox One sales

Wiggy

Hollywood films in China went from nothing to rivalling the US in just a few years. Be interesting to see what the game business can do with similar investment/efforts.

salromano

Please note that this press conference will not have any information related to Western titles and will be about China only. Do not get hyped at all.

That might not be entirely true. The PS4 version of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster was announced during a PlayStation China press conference.

Wow, it feels really weird not having to beg for The Last Guardian anymore.

Please tell me Gravity Rush is popular in China.

Eggbok

Next year's pre-E3 hype threads will be sooooo boring... Sony, what have you done to us?!

Not necessarily.
TLG could get new gameplay + release date.
FF7R could get gameplay
S3 could get gameplay or a trailer

So sure they won't be as exciting but there is still more to look forward too. c:

Legend OF Dragoon 1 HD and Legend of Dragoon 2 announcement finally.
People need to stop this madness. You start with the reboot first and then give me the sequels.

Eggbok said:
Not necessarily.
TLG could get new gameplay + release date.
FF7R could get gameplay
S3 could get gameplay or a trailer

So sure they won't be as exciting but there is still more to look forward too. c:
If the Last Guardian is actually coming out next year, I suspect we get another gameplay trailer during PSX with the release date. I still am hoping for a 20th anniversary FF7 release in 2017, so opening/closing with a 10-15 minute gameplay video at E3 and ending with the release date would be pretty epic.

Jomjom

Banned
Wow they must be doing well. Maybe Artisan's dream will come true one day just not for the console he was hoping for.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Interesting note from interview-

问:目前中文化游戏的整体销量怎么样?
具体销量我没法透露,包括台湾香港在内,中文化销量占的比重比日文英文版多很多。最近卖的最好的是《血源诅咒|Bloodborne》,国内卖的最好的是《最终幻想10/10-2高清重制》简体版。

Q: How is the total sale of Chinese-translated games?

A: I can't tell you the exact figures. Including Taiwan and Hong Kong, there are a lot more Chinese version being sold than Japanese or English versions. The best seller recently are Bloodborne and the best seller in China is FF 10 /10-2 simplified version.

how many ps4 consoles were sold in china? (until now)

would love to see some chinese studios work on exlusive Ps4 Games - maybe one day even an chinese studio joining sonys world wide studios

ShinMaruku

Taking that 1% seriously.

But really, they must be doing much better in China than they expected.

China loves Sony properties. I have a funny story of a Chinese college student talking shit about Japan while showing pictures of Japan on her Sony smartphone.

The Irony was not lost on me. :E

Serenity

具体销量我没法透露,包括台湾香港在内,中文化销量占的比重比日文英文版多很多。最近卖的最好的是《血源诅咒|Bloodborne》,国内卖的最好的是《最终幻想10/10-2高清重制》简体版。

That's actually more than expected. Wonder how many Ps4's are in China and HK compared to Japan. Then again even grey market consoles can play official releases right? Over 250K for bb in China is pretty big news if I'm ready that quote right.

Blanquito

Wait, so is that saying that the Chinese versions are outselling English and Japanese versions?

Or am I misreading that?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Wait, so is that saying that the Chinese versions are outselling English and Japanese versions?

Or am I misreading that?

It means that the Chinese are buying the localised versions of game more when compared to the English and Japanese release that can be imported/bought as well.

So it's saying that the localisation strategy is working because before gamers only had the English or Japanese version to import, but now that there is a translated Chinese version they are seeing strong sales from that version compared to others.

Sorry, it's not explained well is it.

As example, there is Dynasty Warriors 8 released in Hong Kong. You can buy English version, Japanese version or Chinese version. What this is saying is that since more Chinese versions are being released the Chinese version SKU is selling considerably more than other version. It used to be other way around before Sony stepped up localisation.

Top Bottom