• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 official E3 playthrough and interactive trailer

SliChillax

Visually it needs a lot of work. Lot's of texture, shadow pop in and lod issues. Otherwise it looks incredibly fun, can't wait to experience it on PC.

Hoje0308

Banned
This will be the perfect game to play after the probably very serious and dark Fallout 4. Can't wait to attach dudes to moving vehicles via the grappling hook.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Seeing Rico floating when using the wingsuit made me giggle like a little kid.

AngryMoth

Looks fantastic. I do hope they find fun ways to make missions feel challenging though considering how powerful rico is with all his abilities.

Also hope they steal that feature from gta where it tells you how many dollars worth of property damage you've done

Tetraeon

Psyched for this. JC2 was great and I still don't think I've seen everything there is to see or blown up everything there is to destroy in that game.

Isn't this the third time this video gets posted? Once during E3, once like a week ago and now again.

Still looks amazing though.

EDIT: Oh the interactive trailer wasn't posted before, at least.

K9lcikl.gif
Xhs5117.gif

Driving

bHIkERD.gif
YhR5A2T.gif

Wingsuit

Gkffehj.gif
JIyx2aq.gif

Carnage

greenegt

Looks fantastic. I do hope they find fun ways to make missions feel challenging though considering how powerful rico is with all his abilities.

Also hope they steal that feature from gta where it tells you how many dollars worth of property damage you've done

That's my concern, as well. Otherwise, the game looks amazing.

kurahador

My god the sense of scale at the end when Rico is destroying the satellite dish.
AMAZING!!!

Funny you say that because the problem i have with JC2 was that the enemies are too strong and bullet spongey. JC3 could fix this by allowing you to grind money to get stronger weapon drops.

Älg

Funny you say that because the problem i have with JC2 was that the enemies are too strong and bullet spongey. JC3 could fix this by allowing you to grind money to get stronger weapon drops.

I really hope the make the enemies less powerful and more numerous. I think it's more fun to shoot a ton of weak enemies than it is to shoot a few strong ones.

BigDug13

Älg;171964345 said:
I really hope the make the enemies less powerful and more numerous. I think it's more fun to shoot a ton of weak enemies than it is to shoot a few strong ones.

I think number of enemies has always been a factor of last gen tech limitations. It's the reason why Borderlands additional playthroughs don't add a greater number of enemies, they just turn them into heavier bullet sponges. It's the reason why you get waves of enemies in Destiny every time instead of an incoming horde.

If this is current gen only and not cross gen, hopefully that means they can throw more enemies at us.

Älg

I think number of enemies has always been a factor of last gen tech limitations. It's the reason why Borderlands additional playthroughs don't add a greater number of enemies, they just turn them into heavier bullet sponges. It's the reason why you get waves of enemies in Destiny every time instead of an incoming horde.

If this is current gen only and not cross gen, hopefully that means they can throw more enemies at us.

Funnily enough, this is actually exactly what I was thinking. I even thought of Borderlands as an excellent example.

Opelova

Neo Member
Älg;171964345 said:

We have different types of enemies. Some of them are easier (the basic ones), some of them are more challenging with specific skills that you need to tackle in different ways. So it's a mix that will hopefully fit into most of people's needs/expectations/playing styles.

Gurish

Looks amazing, really hope for a nice story that I will actually care about a little to give some context to all this mayhem.
Opelova it looks really good, best destructions I've seen on next gen :)

I hope there will be a demo like for JC2. Played that for hours and hours. Never before has a demo made me buy a game so fast!

CA is kinda bad =/

But then animations and color are beautiful this time. Infinite explosives are a godsend, and the amount of explosions by the end of the video was delicious.
This is going to be glorious.

Opelova

Neo Member
The Wingsuit just looks so much fun (also why definitely getting this game) Hoping the PC version works well.

I'm a PC girl...and I think it works pretty well although it takes a bit of time to get used to and figure out what is the best way to use and control it in combination with the grapple. But once you get it, you can do some cray cray stuff. I know, I'm biased. But wait and see/try for yourself. :)

CA is kinda bad =/

But then animations and color are beautiful this time. Infinite explosives are a godsend, and the amount of explosions by the end of the video was delicious.
This is going to be glorious.

I couldn't see any?
Strange blurring around the edge of the screen sometimes though, even when stationary.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll buy the PC version as soon as I can. I got JC2 for peanuts and ended up spending over 100 hours with it and getting all achievements.

Can't wait to try the wingsuit, traveling around with the parachute + grapple combo was already a lot of fun.

We have different types of enemies. Some of them are easier (the basic ones), some of them are more challenging with specific skills that you need to tackle in different ways. So it's a mix that will hopefully fit into most of people's needs/expectations/playing styles.

Are there any ninjas?

Loved the whole interactive trailer idea. I was a huge fan of Just Cause 1 and 2 (especially 2 really loved that). I was a bit on the fence with JC 3 simple because whilst I loved JC 2 the driving in it was absolutely bloody atrocious. In the end I stopped using vehicles and just used the parachute and hook to travel around the island.

Glad to hear that they have reworked the driving (seriously it was pretty awful so anything has to be better than what we had in JC 1 and 2). Now I just need to know what the specs are to see if my ageing i5 and GTX670 will be able to run it

Top Bottom