• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn: New Trailer Lets You Take Control

Loudninja

Another new trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiD901kH_s

Gamestop trailer
Additionally, Gamestop posted another trailer on their facebook and it's fucking awesome. Update: Here's the youtube link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l89xrOLWA4&feature=youtu.be

IGN:How Scary is Until Dawn?
We locked 11 people from IGN in a room and had them play Until Dawn to answer the question. What did we discover? See for yourself.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/1...edium=PS4&utm_content=5&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2z0Jtjs_mg

I’m sure you’ve heard by now, but the choices you make in Until Dawn carry extreme and sometimes deadly consequences. You, the player, take on the role of eight teenagers and make snap decisions that will determine who survives.
As fans of the survival horror genre, we worked with MoFilm on a short series of live action films to illustrate the gravity of the decisions you’ll be forced to make in the game. In each of these films, equal attention was focused on the exact moment the characters are faced with a tough decision, as is on the potential outcomes they must weigh. For better or worse, every action has a different consequence. The two films will explore scenarios inspired by Until Dawn.

Part 1 of 2 in our mini-series is called “Choices,” and what better way to tell this story than by having the film be interactive! Without giving too much away, we set out to create a classic killer scenario that most of us have seen in other films with different outcomes. The main difference with ours is that your decision has a direct impact on the final outcome. Question is, what decisions will you make? And will you survive?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/17/until-dawn-new-trailer-lets-you-take-control/

They should def. drop a demo for this game the week prior to Halloween. Advertise it up on PSN for people to try.

And really, they should make this game one of the few that use the " interact " feature within Live with Playstation. Where during the game the options appear for the people watching the stream to choose which one they think should happen. Could be lots of fun for the people watching the stream and the players alike.

But alas. Probably won't happen.

Can't wait though. The gameplay demo's I've seen ( only 2 of the same area as to not spoil myself ) looks fantastic. I like the mix between real fast choices that need to be made and the longer decisions. There was a nice pace to the gameplay demo i watched.

Angel_DvA

Clever advertising but the game release at a bad moment for me ( same day as Gears Of War UE and 1 week before MGSTPP ) I will get it in early 2016 for sure, looks amazing.

Fury451

Banned
In torn on this game. It looks really interesting and I want to support it, but it's so close to two other titles I'm anticipating...

Maybe when reviews hit it'll help me out; just don't want another Heavy Rain situation.

Zemm

Horrible release timing. Definetly something I'm interested in but won't have the time nor moneys due to MGS5 and Destiny. At least it'll be a bit cheaper when I do have the time.

I don't think I've seen enough about this game, but everything I have seen makes it just look like Heavy Rain or some other full length quick time event. Is there something I've missed? Can't understand why people are so excited.

I'm undecided on when I'll get this but I'm pretty sure I'll be picking it up next week, before my BB credit expires. Too bad that GAME exclusive steelbook won't be available in the states.

Angel_DvA

Horrible release timing. Definetly something I'm interested in but won't have the time nor moneys due to MGS5 and Destiny. At least it'll be a bit cheaper when I do have the time.

+1 000 000, a really bad timing for this game, early summer or early 2016 would have been better.

Anyone know when the embargo is up? Really looking forward to the game but I'm worried the choice system will be more limited than they're letting on.

Keihart

I don't think I've seen enough about this game, but everything I have seen makes it just look like Heavy Rain or some other full length quick time event. Is there something I've missed? Can't understand why people are so excited.

but QTE are fun...

I still wish I could get a straight answer regarding the player's ability to turn off motion-control.

I would Day-1 this game if I knew I could, but asking the devs customer support just gave me a cryptic "ask Sony please..."

Considering Sony has done more than any other console-maker, at the OS level to try to make disability accomodations, I wish I knew if I would be able to play this game or not.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I still wish I could get a straight answer regarding the player's ability to turn off motion-control.

I would Day-1 this game if I knew I could, but asking the devs customer support just gave me a cryptic "ask Sony please..."

Considering Sony has done more than any other console-maker, at the OS level to try to make disability accomodations, I wish I knew if I would be able to play this game or not.

You can choose traditional controls. They demonstrated that in the Gamescom demo.

Why would they release this that close to November? and complaining about it being too close to Destiny expansion release is even odder, not everyone on ps4 plays destiny.

I just feel this game needs a good release date slot to do some decent sales with TPP around the corner i feel bad because I see potential with this game. I see this game dropping in price quicky like the order.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just feel this game needs a good release date slot to do some decent sales with TPP around the corner i feel bad because I see potential with this game. I see this game dropping in price quicky like the order.

Avoid MGSV and go up against Assassin's Creed, Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 instead?

The best time to release this would have been July/early August.

kiguel182

It's a shame that big video game releases all concentrate in the fall because this would be a perfect Halloween release.

The game looks really neat, no doubt there.

Circinus

That was a neat film. If that's reflective of the game's atmosphere, then it could be better than I would have expected initially.

I don't think there's much more to it. Some people like that kind of game.

I expect the game to be pretty devisive among critics.

Loudninja

Until Dawn is full of choices and relatively lengthy for its style – Byles says it will take most players around 10 to 15 hours for their first run. Despite that length, Supermassive Games has made one other controversial design decision for Until Dawn: Every choice a player makes is final. The game autosaves constantly, and if players want to re-do a decision or fix a fateful mistake during an action sequence, they’ll need to restart the whole game.
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/8/17/9157213/until-dawn-supermassive-games

Clever advertising but the game release at a bad moment for me ( same day as Gears Of War UE and 1 week before MGSTPP ) I will get it in early 2016 for sure, looks amazing.

That's my issue, too. It's being released way to close to MGSV and I already know which game would be getting all the attention if I were to get both. If it were to release in October, though, that would be perfect.

mcz117chief

And really, they should make this game one of the few that use the " interact " feature within Live with Playstation. Where during the game the options appear for the people watching the stream to choose which one they think should happen. Could be lots of fun for the people watching the stream and the players alike.

Won't work because of the lag. People watching the stream are about 15 seconds behind.

Walpurgis

Banned
This game will flop and Sony will think it's because of the game. No, you idiots. It's because you're releasing this a week before Metal Gear Solid V!

Don't really buy into this line of thinking. For one it's a different type of game. It's not like you're making a decision of buying shooter A vs shooter B. Also there's plenty of us who will buy multiple games without batting an eye.

Top Bottom