• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt is releasing on Steam on August 28th

did they seriously only test this on nvidia's cards or something? this is what i'm getting: http://i.imgur.com/Zp34zXu.png

fucking amazing port. REFUND TIME

I approve of your account name.

I hear it's 30FPS too. No wonder they didn't mention the framerate in the trailer. It's not like it won't be playable, but it's a deal breaker since there are tons of smaller indie platformers that run at 60 on Steam. Did they tie the game logic to the framerate again or something?

I approve of your account name.

I hear it's 30FPS too. No wonder they didn't mention the framerate in the trailer. It's not like it won't be playable, but it's a deal breaker since there are tons of smaller indie platformers that run at 60 on Steam. Did they tie the game logic to the framerate again or something?

yeah let me boot up the game here to check and OH WAIT IT'S JUST A BLACK SCREEN AMAZING PORT

Hopefully they're able to explain what's going on. It seems odd to advertise and sponsor a speedrun race of this on SRL, when almost everyone that races on there plays retro games that run at a semi-consistent 60FPS. Given that this is basically a Mega Man game, I can see the complaints about the framerate getting out of hand unless they speak up about it soon. Considering that people are getting black screens right now, perhaps the performance is a glitch?

there are people on the steam forums saying they're getting like 7-8 fps on new asus rog machines or something. looks like it's just an all around amazing port

I know a bunch of the Inti staff are at PAX right now. Hopefully they've got someone at the office to monitor the issues or at least give an update on what's wrong with it. I almost bought this the moment it went live, too. Looks like I dodged a bullet this time.

Saikyo

Having the blackscreen problem too, AMD Radeon HD 6850

First Mega Man Legacy and now Gunvolt, I think Gaben dont want me to play side scrollers this month...well, more time to play Grandia 2 lol.

Conan-san

Crap. Was about to go for it but if this is crapping out on full on Video Cards my NUC HTPC doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Runs fine for me. Wonder if the black screen issue is the same as the MM Legacy menu issue, which I had but fixed by installing some windows update.

Dispppointed it's locked at 30fps, but otherwise it plays fine.

Gbraga

Great. I guess bitching does work sometimes.

image.php

Probably tied to the game's logic. It sucks, but oh well.

And if it isn't tied to the logic, someone will probably find a way to unlock it :p

I know about the game logic thing, it's fucking stupid. They better get ready to have a mostly negative review score on Steam.

Having the blackscreen problem too, AMD Radeon HD 6850

First Mega Man Legacy and now Gunvolt, I think Gaben dont want me to play side scrollers this month...well, more time to play Grandia 2 lol.

i knew it the moment i saw the problem. the people reporting it are all on amd cards. they literally only tested this on nvidia's hardware. calling it incompetence would be a compliment

Gbraga

I know about the game logic thing, it's fucking stupid. They better get ready to have a mostly negative review score on Steam.

Eh, I feel like that's unfair. It's a late port, you can't really expect them to redo the code so it's no longer tied to the logic. It's great when it does happen, but it can't really be expected.

But steam reviews are trash anyway, so whatever.

Eh, I feel like that's unfair. It's a late port, you can't really expect them to redo the code so it's no longer tied to the logic. It's great when it does happen, but it can't really be expected.

But steam reviews are trash anyway, so whatever.

I don't think I'm being unfair, I'd like to think that Inti Creates knows how important framerate is in an action 2D scroller.

LewieP

Does it play full screen, or is the two small display areas and then a blank background the only option?

Remember when Steamworld Dig was ported from 3DS to a bunch of other platforms, but felt like a game that was native to whatever platform you played it on?

I don't think I'm being unfair, I'd like to think that Inti Creates knows how important framerate is in an action 2D scroller is.

This is how I feel. The writing was on the wall when the trailer and promotional material didn't mention the framerate, but it's a fair expectation. I guess we won't know what's going on until they say something, though.

Gbraga

I don't think I'm being unfair, I'd like to think that Inti Creates knows how important framerate is in an action 2D scroller.

Oh yeah, definitely, but that's a bad decision they made for the original game, not specifically the PC version. It should be 60fps on the 3DS.

Aw, this sucks. I would think Inti knows how to futureproof their games for multiple platforms following the initial release, but it's possible they did that and still took an easy way out with everything that entails. Not testing for AMD users comes across as disrespectful—is this an in-house port or did they contract someone to do it for them?

jediyoshi

Does it play full screen, or is the two small display areas and then a blank background the only option?

Remember when Steamworld Dig was ported from 3DS to a bunch of other platforms, but felt like a game that was native to whatever platform you played it on?
multiple configurations you can toggle through

For anyone wondering, pressing F5 toggles between the screen modes. Or you can resize them by holding Alt. They should've just made the full screen mode the default.

Since they announced the speed run contest, hopefully they address the issues before that takes place.

Usobuko

Banned
I hope it paths the way for more Jpn companies to follow. Their games should hit all relevant platforms for maximum exposure.

Has anyone tried out the speedrun mode? I'm curious what its like, though all of the apparent issues are making me thinking of passing on the game.

Oh wow. This was quite the surprise. Didn't pick this up on 3DS but will probably pick it up when it's a little cheaper.

Edit: Post is old, dumb me. Oh well, still great news!

Just voices. No word on the additional content.
Don't let the name Japanese Voice Mode fool you. From the Steam store page:

Japanese Voice Mode
In this long-awaited mode, players will be able to play the original Japanese version of the game, which includes ample mid-stage dialogue, all fully voiced in Japanese with English text.
The entire script has been re-translated to coincide with the dialogue of the Japanese version of the game.
To play the game in Japanese Voice Mode, select it from the Language Settings before starting the game.

Top Bottom