• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt is releasing on Steam on August 28th

Giever

PC community is going to hate this if it runs at 30, which I'm assuming it does since it's sprite based

Otherwise they would've touted "improved performance" as a feature

Cool game though! Glad more folks can play it

There's a difference between the animations themselves having only so many frames and the game running at 30 fps, though. A lot of older sprite-based games ran at 60 fps. I mean... a lot.

But does the Japanese voice mode come with the Japanese sprite design? I want that midriff dammit.

I'm glad this is coming out on Steam, I didn't want to play this on my 3DS.
Or couldn't because Europe

KHlover

Banned
Space Issue? Lol not even at launch with One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1/2 anyone bought that excuse for a second. I mean cmon, if you gonna lie in the customers' faces at least do some research on the lien you're going to tell.

Celine

But does the Japanese voice mode come with the Japanese sprite design? I want that midriff dammit.

I'm glad this is coming out on Steam, I didn't want to play this on my 3DS.
Or couldn't because Europe
Wait, isn't the game available in the european eshop?

That makes no sense. If anything, sprite-based games should be expected to run at 60 since performance is typically not an issue.

There's a difference between the animations themselves having only so many frames and the game running at 30 fps, though. A lot of older sprite-based games ran at 60 fps. I mean... a lot.
I meant that the original game was designed to be 30fps. Wouldn't they have to draw extra sprites to compensate for the extra frames? (I could be totally wrong here)

EDIT: I am

Korigama

Apparently they're not going to release the updates on the 3DS due to "limited space issues".

vyb9gVE.png
All of those excuses they made about cutting down the Japanese audio and story content while pretending it was ever necessary only annoy me even more now.
Wait, what, this game is 30fps on 3DS?
Yes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good for Inti. I enjoyed my time with the game. Question is: why had that scumbag promote your product, even if his involvement was minimal. Inti should know better than this.

EDIT: Just looked at the screens. Oh oh, they're just gonna have both upper and lower screen appearing simultaneously. Inb4 a shit port.

Zabi

Banned
Good for Inti. I enjoyed my time with the game. Question is: why had that scumbag promote your product, even if his involvement was minimal. Inti should know better than this.

EDIT: Just looked at the screens. Oh oh, they're just gonna have both upper and lower screen appearing simultaneously. Inb4 a shit port.

Look at 1:18 again. You can customize it. It looks like you can have it all be on one screen if you want. I think it'd be neat if they were to add multi-monitor support so you could put a screen on each.

They never dubbed the 3DS version. They did remove lots of dialogue. No GV and Joule talking about their school life. No Viper/Daytona being a creepy bastard over Joule during his boss fight. No commentary from GV's support mid-stage.

All because it was "intrusive" (there was an option to disable it in the JP version) and there was "not enough space" (LOL).

Momentary

Banned
I meant that the original game was designed to be 30fps. Wouldn't they have to draw extra sprites to compensate for the extra frames? (I could be totally wrong here)

Sprite animation has nothing to do with FPS. For example, you can have 8 frames in an animation and still have a refresh rate of 60hz.

pastrami

It just means that the sprites will move around the screen more fluidly. Animations will remain the same.

bede-x

Love how Steam/PC has become my go to platform for these types of games and it's great seeing them address Steam specifically in the video. Really shows how much the platform has grown.

Day one :)

Alric

I was just about to buy on the 3ds but now I know what version I'm getting. Least I won't have to worry about my hands hurting like they do on my sharp corners 3ds.

I heard that they also cut from the English version VN scenes between missions and other stuff, I wonder if it's back.

It hurts so much to get an incomplete game.

Shizuka

They really should update the 3DS version, it's the platform that made ASG a successful new IP in the first place.

kiryogi

Banned
That's an excellent point. I'm certainly less inclined to get Gunvolt 2 on the 3DS if it's just going to be an inferior product again.

Gotta admit, this is a very slippery slope. Im happy its the full on experience, but at the price of making people double dip? Not cool.

Bumping this for the release. Has anyone found out what framerate this runs at? I can't test at the moment since my PC is at the repair shop.

Top Bottom