• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt is releasing on Steam on August 28th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM6yfBC_gU

For 14.99 dollars. With new modes.

To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of the release of Azure Striker Gunvolt on the Nintendo 3DS, the Steam version of the game packed full of brand new features!
The following are just some of new features only found in the Steam version of the game:

■Speedrun Mode
With the addition of Speedrun Mode, it's time to put your electrifying skills to the test.
Future updates will expand the capacities of this mode, so keep an eye out for those as well!

■Japanese Voice Mode
Enjoy the original Japanese version of the game complete with Japanese voiceovers and ample mid-stage dialogue, all translated into English.

■Play the game in 8 languages
English
French
Italian
German
Spanish
Japanese
Portuguese
Russian (new for Steam version)

Busaiku

To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of the release of Azure Striker Gunvolt on the Nintendo 3DS, the Steam version of the game packed full of brand new features!
This sounds hilarious.

JordanKZ

I actually really enjoyed the 3DS version until the final boss. I really didn't enjoy the sudden spike in difficulty.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I said damn. Never bothered to get 3DS version for reasons.
That's a welcome release.

Time to cringe at that Russian translation.

They didn't. Adding content to 3DS game is too hard I guess.

Really? I remember in an interview they only mentioned asking Inafune some inputs but he wasn't part of the project.
Actually on facebook they said it was a space issue that can't be overcome.

Anyway i will gladly buy it again and play it again! Such a good game.

Omfg, I'm so double dipping, the game is amazing!

Tell me the game is 60fps now, please!

Also all the Japanese dialogue with English subs? Holy shittttt

They didn't. Adding content to 3DS game is too hard I guess.

Really? I remember in an interview they only mentioned asking Inafune some inputs but he wasn't part of the project.

He gave them advice and they used his name for marketing purposes but he didn't actually contribute much of anything to the game itself and it existed before he knew about it.

jjust reporting from the video in op :)

Intel_89

Apparently they're not going to release the updates on the 3DS due to "limited space issues".

vyb9gVE.png

MCD

finally a place to buy this game with a real account system.

now only need phoenix wright 5.

Crocodile

The announcer for that trailer sounds like he belongs in a fighting game LOL

Anyway this looks pretty cool and it's nice they plan to support the game with extra features over the next few months after release

I thought it's gonna be some kind of mecha/ship shooter game.
Turns out it's an action platformer, like Megaman? Interesting.

Momentary

Banned
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!! Wanted to play this for a while and was dumbfounded that it didn't get a release on STEAM when it was first announced. So happy. Will buy as soon as there is a purchase button.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Huh... didn't see that coming. Well, now I wish I didn't buy the 3DS version. Oh well.

Wonder if it'll come to GOG.

Apparently they're not going to release the updates on the 3DS due to "limited space issues".

vyb9gVE.png

I understand the desire to bullshit because they don't think they'd make their money back on work for the 3DS version, but really, did they have a meeting and decide the excuse should be "space issues?"

No one stood up and said "Yo what if we lied about it in a way that made sense?"

Nzyme32

So I had no idea what this game was. Rather than Inafune selling it, it appears I want the game shown at the end that comes free with it - which reminds me so much more of Mega Man, which I love

Is the Steam version adding back in all the missing dialogue they took out in between missions?

It got really silly seeing Gunvolt say the exact same damn thing in-between every single mission.

New game modes might be cool.

Intel_89

I thought spoken dialogue takes up a lot of space? I don't know the 3DS situation. I'm sure it's able to use external flash cards or something which would make that decision kind of weird.

It's still a digital game, the patch can be as large as it may as long as you have an SD card with enough space for it.

PC community is going to hate this if it runs at 30, which I'm assuming it does since it's sprite based (EDIT: Nevermind, animation =/= framerate)

Otherwise they would've touted "improved performance" as a feature

Cool game though! Glad more folks can play it

KNT-Zero

Ooooh, fresh meat for the sales.

Just kidding, if the port is well done, it might as well be worth the $15 price tag. But who knows with Inafune....

Namikaze

I loved what I played of the 3DS demo. Now to see if my toaster is more powerful than a handheld, I'm hoping this will run well..

Top Bottom