• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headlander (trailer) - Double Fine, published by Adult Swim

xptoxyz

Announced within the last hour, couldn't find a thread.

Trailer

I think this was an Amnesia Fortnight pitch at some point.

I think this was pitched by Lee Petty at the time, director on Stacking.

edit: It was, in the 2014 version.

Pitch

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks great. Potentially a Metroidvania-type exploration platformer? Love the body-swapping premise. Love the old-ass sci-fi vibes and music. Great visual style. Looks like a great fit with the Adult Swim lineup, honestly.

xptoxyz

Looks great. Potentially a Metroidvania-type exploration platformer? Love the body-swapping premise. Love the old-ass sci-fi vibes and music. Great visual style. Looks like a great fit with the Adult Swim lineup, honestly.

I do wonder how open it will be, I'm expecting they show a normal gameplay session and more details at PAX.

The body-swapping premise seems to leave them so much room for interesting design.

Boem

Yeah some fans figured out the secret Adult Swim game was going to be Headlander a couple of days ago. Trailer looks great. Lee Petty is the lead, and that guy knows his shit (he also did Stacking, which was amazing).

Boem

Related Double Fine News: they're giving away Day of the Tentacle Special Edition posters at PAX. This is the first time we've seen some of the new art assets (beyond the logo at the initial announcement).

xS92raY.jpg

I'm not sure if this means we'll get some more info/screens/a trailer at PAX - they only confirmed the reveal of Headhunter and playable demo's of Gang Beasts and GNOG (two games they're only publishing, not developing). I guess we'll see.

Hell of a logo. Double Fine and Adult Swim sounds like a perfect pairing. Adult Swim is startling to compile a very impressive catalog of games.

Nzyme32

Looks great, so looking forward to hearing more info. I don't have as much faith in Double Fine games these days, but Adult Swim have been doing a fantastic job in choosing what games to get into. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, along with pretty much everything else Adult Swim are doing

Pudge

Doesn't really seem like my thing, due to both the genre and the ascetic. 1970s stuff just rubs me the wrong way. Looks well made though, and I hope that with Adult Swim handling the publishing side, Double Fine can do what they do best instead of getting muddled in business practices.

pakkit

Banned
amazing concept, and the visual design is top notch. hopefully DF can nail the gameplay on this one because in all other aspects i'm there.

I'm so happy this is getting made into a full game. I fell in love with that prototype idea when Lee Petty showed it off last year during Amnesia Fortnight.

vongruetz

Banned
The art style behind the logo alone brings back so many memories. I never thought I would say that I miss 70's sci-fi, but I guess I do.

Haunted

Lee Petty is the fucking MAN.

Superb sense of aesthetics. Getting all sorts of good vibes from that trailer.

Toparaman

Banned
Related Double Fine News: they're giving away Day of the Tentacle Special Edition posters at PAX. This is the first time we've seen some of the new art assets (beyond the logo at the initial announcement).

xS92raY.jpg

I'm not sure if this means we'll get some more info/screens/a trailer at PAX - they only confirmed the reveal of Headhunter and playable demo's of Gang Beasts and GNOG (two games they're only publishing, not developing). I guess we'll see.

YES!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I remember this idea, I think they've been pitching it for many years. It's lee Petty's pet project iirc.

Top Bottom