• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- PS3/PS4 version release date: Spring 2016 in Japan

raven777

55F68F5F42303D0018

55F68F634228AB0021

55F68F644237810012

55F68F6142392C000F

no other details regarding pricing or changes from Arcade version

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/09/14/91152.html

Dueck

Banned
They likely have me with Johnny, but I'll be "import, day one" locked down if Baiken is announced. I got the fightpad with the last one. It's not the best, but it works fine.

Hm that's later than I thought. Day one import for me anyways. But the release date is so late, they gonna add more characters for the console versions.
Edit: If you really care about the game, stop whining and just import.

Tizoc

Hm that's later than I thought. Day one import for me anyways. But the release date is so late, they gonna add more characters for the console versions.

This.
You can get US PSN cash codes off Amazon, redeem it to your US PSN account and just get the game.
We're entering 2016, just embrace region free webstores...

I'll just continue to wait until Anji or Baiken joins the fray. Jam fans are gonna be in for a good time come 2016. Not even gonna bother hoping for a timely PC version either way.

kazegami

EU release of this game is still not compatible with other regions. You cannot play online with anyone having the US or JP release. And no DLC character can be purchased in EU store. They don't even exist there. So I don't give a damn about Arc system games anymore though I was a Guilty Gear fan back then.

They likely have me with Johnny, but I'll be "import, day one" locked down if Baiken is announced. I got the fightpad with the last one. It's not the best, but it works fine.
Not sure about Baiken, but Bridget is a lock unless Japan hates "her" suddenly. Remember arcade players of revelator can vote for the next characters.

EU release of this game is still not compatible with other regions. You cannot play online with anyone having the US or JP release. And no DLC character can be purchased in EU store. They don't even exist there. So I don't give a damn about Arc system games anymore though I was a Guilty Gear fan back then.

Why didn't you just import an NA copy ages ago?

Needs Dizzy or Testament to get a purchase from me.

How does that even make sense? I don't read Japanese. How about we keep whining until ASW treats its western fans well?

Tizoc

How does that even make sense? I don't read Japanese. How about we keep whining until ASW treats its western fans well?

I believe they were referring to the EU/PAL crowd.
Apparently some decided to wait for the ame to be released in EU regions instead of getting it off US PSN or importing from the US.

Japanese version is In english on your western console. NA version released one or two month later. Stop making excuses.

Japanese version is In english on your western console. NA version released one or two month later. Stop making excuses.
Excuses...for what?

All of the text is translated to English? That would be weird, if so. That would mean ASW is just sitting in a fully translated game for months for no reason at all.

RocBase

that's..........some serious shit yikes. As if the late release windows weren't bad enough.

Excuses...for what?

All of the text is translated to English? That would be weird, if so. That would mean ASW is just sitting in a fully translated game for months for no reason at all.

iirc the JP version initially released without the English localization, it was later patched in like a day or so after its release.

Sayad

Excuses...for what?

It was more Aksys Games sitting on it(probably a small publisher/distribution issues thing)... And NA version was released less than a month after the Japanese release.
Was the localization done by ASW or Aksys?

I'm probably picking a digital version from whatever Asian PSN store this time around.

It is fully translated.

that's..........some serious shit yikes. As if the late release windows weren't bad enough.

iirc the JP version initially released without the English localization, it was later patched in like a day or so after its release.

It was more Aksys Games sitting on it(probably a small publisher/distribution issues thing)... And NA version was released less than a month after the Japanese release.

I'm probably picking a digital version from whatever Asian PSN store this time around.
Hmm, which is it?

Either way, no new characters that interest me, and I have given up on becoming godlike with Zato.

Piccoro

Cool, but what if i want to buy the game for my European account ? You know, like every other game i bought ?
We're not in 1999 anymore, it's not ok to release an already full translated game months later in Europe.

You can use a US/JP account to buy the game, and then use your EU account to play the game.
That way your EU account still gets the trophies, etc.

I know but that's not the point (I bought the vanille game day1 on a japanese account on PS3 and Ps4)

What is the point, anymore, pray tell?

Clearly, it's not a lack of an official EU region release because buying a physical version at a brick and mortar store in-country isn't an issue for you.

So it's his fault lol ?

And why should he? EU customers deserve the same treatment as NA and JP ones.

Yeah in an ideal world the EU release would come out on the same day. But sometimes you just have to accept reality.

It's not like it's hard to buy an NA copy online in this day and age so there's no real drama or reason to get upset. I did it with Xrd and I'll be doing it with Persona 5.

Mr. X

Excuses...for what?

They do English VA, don't self publish overseas, wait for US ESRB and so on.

It's just odd how long it takes for their games to appear in EU.

IbukiLordSA

Come on it's 2015 they need to release this as a disc version and as a downloadable patch that can be installed for people who bought the original on the PSN store. There really is no excuse for them to not do this for existing fans that gave them money when the game released. Will be rather upset if this is only a disc release.

Come on it's 2015 they need to release this as a disc version and as a downloadable patch that can be installed for people who bought the original on the PSN store. There really is no excuse for them to not do this for existing fans that gave them money when the game released. Will be rather upset if this is only a disc release.

Given AkSys record, it's going to be a disc.

RocBase

Hmm, which is it?

Either way, no new characters that interest me, and I have given up on becoming godlike with Zato.

for ref: https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/537427399311253504
i imported the JP version but my game arrived late december, and by then the patch was definitely out. i know people were already playing on their JP version with EN text way earlier before the US release, but i can't remember how long the patch took to drop from its release date.

Korigama

At least now this means no further insistence that it will be PS4-only without anything to back it up, which never would have made sense given how low sales for -SIGN- were in Japan compared to Arc's other fighters (and the split for -SIGN- having favored PS3 as it is). Will be interesting to see if sales for the JP PS4 version might be more favorable by then, I guess.

Alo0oy

Banned
Didn't Sony publish the EU version? Maybe this time Sony will publish it earlier now that they have the publishing rights for EU?

Can't wait. What's the EU community like for vanilla?

I imported back in December from the US PS store but it was hard finding decent matches since I'm in the UK, so only ever play with another friend. By the time the game had launched here officially I was tired of waiting for a decent EU community to build up and had moved on.

Top Bottom