• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- PS3/PS4 version release date: Spring 2016 in Japan

A bit later than I would have liked. But if I guess this timing is for the best, just need that TGS maxi boost announcement so I'll know what I'll be playing until this comes out.

maouvin

Once again 10 months to get to consoles? ASW please :(

Day one anyway. Until there we're sure to get at least the most voted charater from that voting thing (don't even know if the voting is still going).

wwm0nkey

Strange, the new blazblue has an XBO version but not GG?
Might be a region thing? We could still see a XBO/Steam release in US/EU

Also since ASW is publishing in EU now I'm assuming they won't have to wait for a release this time

El Sabroso

not sure when to expect NA release, last time was just a wait of some days in december

Also since ASW is publishing in EU now I'm assuming they won't have to wait for a release this time

no if the idea still is to unify online community

Korigama

Strange, the new blazblue has an XBO version but not GG?

There's still the consideration of cross-play being a thing with the PS3 and PS4 versions, something that could potentially be accounted for with a PC release, but MS likely wouldn't agree to (pretty much what's keeping FFXIV off of Xbone, anyway). BB:CPE on Xbone having sold about what one would expect it to in Japan probably doesn't help, either.

NEO0MJ

I can imagine we'll get one, maybe even two more characters by the time it releases on consoles. And a DLC character.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
not a fan of the series, but man is it good looking

looking forward to high res gifs of that new character's win pose

TWILT

Banned
Will be for sure getting asap for Jam, but Dizzy I would be day 0. Should hopefully have a PS4 by then too.

BiggNife

Announcement for English release should include Steam.
Non the less def. in for PS4 ver.

I'm guessing that Xrd will get a PC version soon but it's going to be -SIGN-

ArcSys seems to be intentionally not putting the latest version of their games on PC which is because I assume they're afraid of piracy

Tizoc

ArcSys seems to be intentionally not putting the latest version of their games on PC which is because I assume they're afraid of piracy

They'd still be afraid of piracy when they release REVELATOR :p

Honestly we're entering 2016 and PC gaming is growing, as much as you'd want good income from your Console sales, don't sleep out on Steam, it can prove to be a good platform for them long as they release their games there in a timely manner.
Worrying about piracy now is really silly and outdated.

BiggNife

They'd still be afraid of piracy when they release REVELATOR :p

Honestly we're entering 2016 and PC gaming is growing, as much as you'd want good income from your Console sales, don't sleep out on Steam, it can prove to be a good platform for them long as they release their games there in a timely manner.
Worrying about piracy now is really silly and outdated.

oh don't get me wrong, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that it's the trend that ArcSys has been following recently.

Steam still doesn't have BlazBlue Chronophantasma and Central Fiction is like, what, three months away?

Tizoc

oh don't get me wrong, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that it's the trend that ArcSys has been following recently.

Steam still doesn't have BlazBlue Chronophantasma and Central Fiction is like, what, three months away?

Hopefully CPE gets released soon :p
I intend to get Central Fiction Extend on Steam when that drops.

FACE

Banned

They might as well not bother.

TreIII

Alright. Consider me piqued.

Of course, if I get wind of that my Robot is back, I will pre-order this puppy with the quickness.

Also they really want to face SFV with this spring 2016 release

I doubt they want to face them, there is no competition, not in Japan or anywhere for that matter.

ASW follows his own agenda, they are releasing Revelator in Spring probably because Central Fiction will be released in the Summer.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Nope....still not buying until Baiken or Robo-Ky are added to the game.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You might be in luck soon then.
If the Japanese players had good taste when voting for new character in the arcades than maybe but until than I will keep my money.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
At least now this means no further insistence that it will be PS4-only without anything to back it up, which never would have made sense given how low sales for -SIGN- were in Japan compared to Arc's other fighters (and the split for -SIGN- having favored PS3 as it is). Will be interesting to see if sales for the JP PS4 version might be more favorable by then, I guess.
Agreed. I ain't buying a PS4 and a new stick anytime soon. I hope the localization comes out slightly after E3 to be included in the the yearly Canadian sale. With games costing $80 these days, I can't afford fully-priced releases anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if they hit $90 by next year. 😥

Marz

Maaaan that's a long wait. At least Zato isn't being changed and I have no interest in playing the 3 newcomers so I'll be happy playing Sign for now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I got the last one on ps3, but if this doesn't get a PC version announced by day one then it looks like I'll finally be getting a ps4...

Top Bottom