• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yasunori Mitsuda plays Chrono Trigger music LIVE

jett

D-Member
To promote the release of an arrangement album of selected Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross tracks, they had a live stream on NicoNico where three arrangements from CT were played:

Wind Scene

Schala's Theme

Epilogue ~ To My Dear Friends

He's playing the acoustic guitar.

its-so-beautiful-gif.gif

This was brought up in the album thread, but nobody posted the videos. I figured it's nice enough to be its own thread.

Ishida

Banned
Yes. Schala's Theme and Epliogue just hit me right in the feels. CT music is so good.

The Chrono series became my favorite video games of all time INSTANTLY when I played them. No other game is even close to them, in my opinion. Plot, characters, setting, and of course the soundtracks. It's a game franchise like no other.

My ears....and I've never played these games.

You really should. You are missing out on some masterpieces of gaming!

Mitsuda da god. Dude is a legend for this soundtrack alone, never mind the Xenogears soundtrack and the other amazing songs he's done over the years.

jett

D-Member
The entire album is absolutely wonderful. Every track is perfect. The Star-Stealing Girl bit in Schala's Theme is perfect. (you can also hear a hint of it in the live version).

Rektash

Am I the only one laughing at that bass during wind scene? It seems so off timed...

Nah man, you are absolutly right. The bass was kinda off in more ways than one. I didn't mind all too much though. This whole thing would have probably even been better with a double bass, me thinks!

Mitsuda is GOD.

By the way that's Kumi Tanioka on piano. In Mitsuda's current concerts in Japan and Taiwan I believe there is even Yoko Shimomura.

entremet

I really wish these things would come over digitally.

Japan loves their physical media, but I mostly rip anything i buy, so the CD is a useless middleman.

Top Bottom