• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo (Club Nintendo successor) due in March

Official English transcripts:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/05.html

43l.jpg

We will start a new point program as well, which not only involves Nintendo’s dedicated game systems but also smart devices.
With the Club Nintendo membership service that was ended on September 30, 2015, you earned points when you purchased software. With this new point program, you can earn points by playing games as well.
Whether you have played the software for dedicated game systems or our applications for smart devices, you can earn points that can then be used on our dedicated game systems or on smart devices.
Naturally, you can also earn points by purchasing software.
With the new points, you can obtain digital add-on content, which will make the game you are playing even more fun, original merchandise or a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software.

46l.jpg

This is also a plan for the future, but we are going to provide our membership service benefits in other real-life facilities such as theme parks, movie theaters and retail outlets.

47l.jpg

The name of our new membership service is “My Nintendo.”
My Nintendo will work as a bridge between dedicated game systems and smart devices.

Both My Nintendo and Miitomo will be available in March 2016.

--

https://twitter.com/johntv/status/659556565100417024

Miitomo releases in March alongside My Nintendo, which is the new member service to replace Club Nintendo.

Cheesemeister's translations:

By Kyle McLain:

Fat4all

Banned
My Nintendo can't possible be this cute.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if they plan to continue a reward system.

EDIT2:

Worth noting you can get points by buying and playing games, and you can use them on DLC and physical items.

Ah, there it is.

Zalman

Worth noting you can get points by buying and playing games, and you can use them on DLC and physical items.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So, one of the big differences is that it will go beyond video games and include stuff like stores and theme parks?

Hmmm...

Guess I should wait to buy those exclusive Indie games (Runbow, Swords & Soldiers II, Affordable Space Adventures) from the Eshop until then. I want to buy them at full price so a sale doesn't matter.

Nanashrew

Banned
So, one of the big differences is that it will go beyond video games and include stuff like stores and theme parks?

According to all of Cheesemeister's translations, yep! At some point they going to expand it to those areas and are going for ease of creation and use with NNID, Facebook, Twitter etc.

It's your friendlist, your Club Nintendo, your sync-save date, it will reward you for purchasing and playing games whether on mobile or console with points for goods, digital games/DLC and coupons.

iBlue

so MyNintendo is the new account system? What about NNID? i have bought so much shit including full games to start from scratch.

Dominator

These simplified names lol

Glad they finally got something else going, can't wait to rack up some coins (or whatever it's going to be).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, I remember doing this as a kid/teen. That's how I got the pink stylus, from Kirby Canvas Curse & that feather pen stylus for Phantom Hourglass......plus I think that Zelda Collector's Edition?

The fact you can earn points from playing the games & it seems to have part of the Digital Deluxe Promotion now makes me hopeful this will be a worthy successor, but man, I just hope that we don't get behind EU & Japan.

I do wonder how the discounts will work. I recall EU had it so you could just get flat-out Wii Points/currency for the systems, maybe it's just that instead of "here's a 10% off code you can use"?

EloquentM

aka Mannny

iBlue

According to all of Cheesemeister's translations, yep! At some point they going to expand it to those areas and are going for ease of creation and use with NNID, Facebook, Twitter etc.

It's your friendlist, your Club Nintendo, your sync-save date, it will reward you for purchasing and playing games whether on mobile or console with points for goods, digital games/DLC and coupons.

so MyNintendo and NNID is still going to be two separate things...

Nanashrew

Banned
so MyNintendo and NNID is still going to be two separate things...

According to Vooks, press release states it manages friends on all devices, so it's likely part of this new system. You'll be signing in with your NNID is my guess so it will have all your information. They are giving options to sign in and create an account with other services as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know its early but those rewards for buying games wont be for digital only right?
As in "digital games as rewards" or "only buying digital games counts towards points for rewards"? Club Nintendo had it so you got codes for retail games which you could redeem.

Most likely, if we do get games as rewards again, they'll be digital only unless it's something special like Game & Watch Collection.

Sealtest

As in "digital games as rewards" or "only buying digital games counts towards points for rewards"? Club Nintendo had it so you got codes for retail games which you could redeem.

Most likely, if we do get games as rewards again, they'll be digital only unless it's something special like Game & Watch Collection.

Yeah I meant the second part. I really hope they throw a random physical game in there, they're starting to sell refurbs would be a great way to get rid of some old stock.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

We don't know. They haven't detailed it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah I meant the second part. I really hope they throw a random physical game in there, they're starting to sell refurbs would be a great way to get rid of some old stock.
Yeah, it's hard to say. Even in EU & Japan, when a game was available, it was only digital, unless it was a very special reason (i.e. Japan got Excitebots ONLY through Club Nintendo, so that was physical).

I'm not getting my hopes up for retail copies of certain games (I sure would've preferred a retail copy of Tropical Freeze considering it's a whopping 10GB that takes up a bunch of space) unless they're special cases.

I guess the only other thing to hope for is that the "coupons" or discounts can count towards retail copies of games. Like "$10 off Super Mario 3D World" or something.

Top Bottom