• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order XenoBlade Chronicles X from Best Buy and get greasy pizza cash

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/get-xenoblade-chronicles-x-at-best-buy-score-10-in-epizza-cash/

You’re going to get Xenoblade Chronicles X at Best Buy anyway. Why not get $10 in free e-Pizza cash, too?

Attention: Game night is now on. If it sounds too good to be true, don’t worry, it’s not.

Here’s how to make it happen.

1. Pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U (excluding Collector’s Edition) by Dec. 3, 2015. Make sure to purchase it by Dec. 10. Limit one pre-order per person. Limited quantities and no rain checks.

2. One code for $10 in e-Pizza cash per game will be provided and must be entered at XCXPizzaCash.com by Jan. 14, 2016, to receive a virtual prepaid MasterCard valid for $10 toward purchasing pizza.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles DLC for Smash confirmed

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Excluding Collector's Edition? I'm literally too good for Pizza Hut?

What other food promotions can you think of? I remember Soul Calibur IV came with a Church's Chicken coupon.

Klonoa for Wii had a coupon for Wahoo Tacos. Namco's food game is undeniable.

What other food promotions can you think of? I remember Soul Calibur IV came with a Church's Chicken coupon.

WHAT

EDIT: Well look at that
SkSGUf5.jpg

Effect

This is a weird promotion though. Are preorders lagging behind or something?
It's not like Nintendo of America are actually promoting the game or anything. Even with the first game doing better then expected or just outright well in spite of Nintendo's actions this new one is still being sent out to pretty much die. The fact that the game got a special edition is still surprising given their lack of action elsewhere. The game releases in a month and nothing at all is being done and I don't expect anything will be done.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It makes sense. You're going to spend so many hours in this game and you need to eat from time to time.

Why do no Nintendo games get $10 back like MGSV and many big games at Best Buy? The most we get is pizza coupons or badges if we pre order a few games

Jarmel

Banned
It's not like Nintendo of America are actually promoting the game or anything. Even with the first game doing better then expected or just outright well in spite of Nintendo's actions this new one is still being sent out to pretty much die. The fact that the game got a special edition is still surprising given their lack of action elsewhere. The game releases in a month and nothing at all is being done and I don't expect anything will be done.

I am surprised about the lack of previews. There's only been two?

RMI

Banned
pre-ordered this online along with the $30 GCU membership thing today, and they applied the membership discount on the purchase ($71.99 game + $30 GCU membership). Didn't see anything about greasy pizza cash.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Considering how we're entering the month right before the release, maybe we'll see more previews appearing, and this promotion is the start of the renewed marketing promotion?

Ridley327

Considering how we're entering the month right before the release, maybe we'll see more previews appearing, and this promotion is the start of the renewed marketing promotion?

There's still one more survival guide video they need to put out (the one focused on Skells), too.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
They had a similar offer when Mario Kart 8 came out for an e-Gift Card for gas. It's the same, $10 prepaid MasterCard type thing. I'm guessing it's the same offer.

When I used one of mine they held me in the store for 20 minutes while they called the manager to decide if they could even try to run it. SMH.

Vena

The game comes out in December not November, promotion would start this month... as it seemingly just has.

Skells are the last big of survival guide, and then it should transition to outright promotion but how that is handled is left to be seen.

This is a weird promotion though. Are preorders lagging behind or something?

I doubt it has anything to do with that, the game comes out in a month's time so its natural for promotions, big or small, to start occurring now. Also, it was tracking well enough in pre-orders on GS and other places (selling out in some cases), so its can't be all that bad.

The game comes out in December not November, promotion would start this month... as it seemingly just has.

Skells are the last big of survival guide, and then it should transition to outright promotion but how that is handled is left to be seen.

I doubt it has anything to do with that, the game comes out in a month's time so its natural for promotions, big or small, to start occurring now. Also, it was tracking well enough in pre-orders on GS and other places (selling out in some cases), so its can't be all that bad.
Do we actually have numbers or is this just "it sold out at x".

Vena

Do we actually have numbers or is this just "it sold out at x".

No numbers, just general trend tracking which is largely moot. We just know that, compared to other things, it was tracking well. But its all relative.

I have pre-ordered one million copies.

I'd love to go to a Xenoblade Chronicles X launch night pizza party. I wonder how many of those will be happening on December 4th.

Two preorders (because Best Buy can be stupid) so $20 in Pizza, okay.

Edit:

No Limited?

So $10 in Pizza.

Best Buy had a preorder offer where you got 7 Mario Maker buttons if you preorder two games and pick them up.

I did Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

A week after the promotion ends they get the Limited Edition and I can't upgrade my existing preorder and still get the buttons.

Solution is the coupon comes in December. I have Elite status so I can return stuff 30 days later (to get this you need to spend $1500 in a year, the fuck?). Pickup game on 12/04/15 get coupon, return regular edition before 01/03/16.

Top Bottom