• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi GAF. In 2 days, I get married to the girl I flew 1000 miles to see 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

If you haven't seen the thread I'm referencing in the title, it's a doozy.

Basically, I was so excited to go see this girl who was so excited to see me, I talked a little too much game and gave out too much personal info through the thread, which got me banned for a bit.

I'm here to give a follow-up thread (of sorts), because I was engaged to her the year after (2013) and now here I am standing two days away from tying the knot and leaving the single life (hopefully) forever.

I'll answer any questions you guys might have (within reason), and just basically want to thank GAF for being there alongside this whole ride. You guys are awesome.

Some quick stats:

• We've been going strong with no major arguments and enjoying life together with THREE cats now!
  • We moved in together two years ago.
  • We're getting married at a local magistrate's office, nothing huge.

We've got matching rings:

GgMiA39.jpg

That's it really. I'll update this thread when we've said I do unless there's more questions. Thanks GAF!

I just recently read through the original thread and was disappointed when it was shut down. Did get some closure from the OKCupid thread though.

Where are you guys at now? Still in Minnesota?

What are you doing now? Were you able to find a job?

lem0n

Sometimes you just know, ya know? I had the same feeling almost 6 years ago when I met the girl of my dreams. We met on okcupid and I was in love instantly. We still live together, have been for 5 years. No arguments whatsoever. It is possible! Just be understanding, lol. Sorry to get off track I'm just glad for you and your situation reminds me of my own :3

Congrats guys!!!!

Ashodin

I just recently read through the original thread and was disappointed when it was shut down. Did get some closure from the OKCupid thread though.

Where are you guys at now? Still in Minnesota?

What are you doing now? Were you able to find a job?

We live in NC now. I make video games! (Actos Games, psyscrolr is my first title on Wii U eShop.)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
There is still time, bruh. Run fast and run far.

Congrats :)

Oh man I saw this thread title and immediately was like "could it be...?" And yup it's the guy from THAT thread. Congrats, glad it worked out!

Ashodin

To keep them fresh, duh.

Well well well, Ash, the big day is finally approaching! Congratulations. Married life isn't that much different once you get the certificate, but it's still great.

I'm very much eager to graduate from calling her my fiancée to my wife. I've always loved the term (and husband for me) as a significant other reference.

Walpurgis

Banned
Wow. I think this will be the first time that one of these GAF threads actually ended well. Congratulations on beating the odds, Ashodin.

Do you still wear a fedora?

Amagon

Congrats Ash! always wondered what happened with you and your lady. Good to hear you guys are getting married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom