• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Game from Ex-Dragon Quest Director Expected To Be Announced On December 23rd

Square Enix director Jin Fujisawa revealed via Twitter that the company will reveal a new Dragon Quest game on their upcoming NicoNico Live stream.

While we’ve yet to get any details on the game, Fujisawa mentioned that he’s pretty nervous since he hasn’t been a part of a live stream in a while, and that the announcement will be for a “completely new game.”

Jin Fujisawa has previously worked as the director for Dragon Quest X. As for the Christmas special live stream, it’ll take place on December 23 at 7:00pm JST. That’s 2:00am PT/5:00am ET/10:00am GMT.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/2...game-expected-to-be-announced-on-december-23/

possibly more accurate translation
What he said is this: "I'll be revealing a new game for the first time since I left Dragon Quest". Could this be DQ game? Maybe, maybe not.
The stream being held by DQ guy gives a chance this game being DQ franchise, but it could literary be anything.

Hexa

Dragon Quest Heroes 3
They announced the second one like a week after the first one came out. Lets announce the third before the second is even out. Woohoo!

MLH

Oh I wasn't expecting that, I knew there is an event in January to show progress of upcoming DQ games in 2016, I would have expected a surprise new game announcement during that event.

“completely new game.” makes me think it'll be a new spin-off like Heroes rather than a remake of a mainline title.

Dragon Quest Pachinko! /s

Honestly, as one of the few people who actually liked Dragon Quest Swords, I kind of hope it's a successor to that in the VR space. It totally won't be, though. :(

So that it is never localized? No Thanks.

PS4 please.

You know they are localizing the VII and VIII 3DS, right? >_>

sörine

Banned
DQIX 3DS? They do tend to love doing trilogy remakes on Nintendo handhelds.

I could see a new Mystery Dungeon game for PS ecosystem too. Or maybe Theathrythm.

sörine;190059488 said:
DQIX 3DS? They do tend to love doing trilogy remakes on Nintendo handhelds.

I could see a new Mystery Dungeon game for PS ecosystem too. Or maybe Theathrythm.

He said that it's a completely new game, so that rules out any remakes.

What I want it to be: Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 4. The timing feels right, and I think this is the only series they haven't touched or mentioned recently.

What it probably will be: a different spinoff/spinoff sequel or new version of DQX.

Hexa

Dragon Quest VII HD would be amazing.

Q3nb.jpg

God damn it.

sörine

Banned
DQ9 on mobile I bet
Hori specifically ruled out a mobile port of DQIX because the game was too reliant on streetpass in Japan. It'll only get remade for a platform that can accomodate similar user based communication methods.

Oh, that's definitely out then.

No company bets their entire localization strategy on one single game.
Right, but it's not a great sign. It also means they might be choosier with what they decide to bother with here on out.

It took them about 5 games on DS/Wii before they gave up completely last time, half of which outsold Heroes.

I wonder if it'll be a brand new spinoff like DQB. If so I'm curious what that could be. Remakes should be put on hold for now IMO.

A completely new game? I thought they would have announced DQV HD for PS4, which seems an easy way to create the fanbase.
V HD would be the fifth release of DQV, though.

Forkball

Jeez, in the past year we've had...

Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
DQ XI announcment
DQVIII on 3DS
DQVII and VIII western release announcement
DQ Builders
DQ Heroes
DQ Heroes II announcement
DQ Joker 3 coming out

I mean what's left? Rocket Slime? Some sort of kart racer?

RK128

My bet is either another 3DS title or Heroes 3. The former due to it lining up with DQXI and Joker 3DS or the latter for the face Heroes 2 is coming out soon in Japan (I think?).

Rosur

Another new/ spin off seems a bit weird (maybe another localised/ port to new system to go with VII and VIII)? Considering they have Dragon Quest builders and the new PS4/ 3DS games and just had Heroes.

I'm really not sure what it could be. Jin seems to be involved in major DQ games. But if this were a big deal then why not just hold off for a few weeks until the 30th Anniversary event (January 13th)?

Also, why are people guessing Heroes 3? They haven't even released the second game. They've barely even released details on it.

Top Bottom