• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku sources: Watch_Dogs 2 out later this year, set in San Francisco

Who should be the protagonist of Watch Dogs 2?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Certinty

I'm actually pretty happy with this choice of location if true, San Francisco was great in both The Crew and Driver San Francisco.

SFenton

I feel like we would have heard about this title already if it was aiming for November. A tease at E3 2015 or something.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So what's going to be downgraded this time? Besides my expectations I mean.

Vitor711

Will it star an unlikable prick who can steal money from everyone but it's ok because BATMAN and he has 'morals'?

Aiden Pearce was the single worst protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of playing as in a game. Like, holy sh*t dude - all your problems are self inflicted, you're a total douchebag and I have no sympathy for you at all.

Bsigg12

Sounds good. Announcing and releasing in the same year will be nice. Hopefully you're not another asshole like Aiden Pearce.

Return of the king

aiden-pearce.jpg

ps3ud0

Who asked for this? :(

EDIT: Man Im whiny, but WD just had nothing to redeem itself - plenty of other things Ubisoft could have brought back for ACs off year

ps3ud0 8)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Waiting 2.5 years to release a sequel is far more restraint than I expected from them, if this is a similar step up to AC2 it could be really good.

Please Ubisoft, a new protagonist PLEASE. There's no saving Aiden.

Sober

No AC? Feels strange if that is the case.

Or are they gonna try to tie AC and WD together for real this time beyond a few easter eggs?

Please gimme Raymond Kenny this time around, he was actually fun unlike Aiden.

Anth0ny

as I expected. they're going to alternate between watch dogs and ass creed. and make billions in the process.

god these games are so ass

Echoing others in this thread, Aiden Pearce made Watch_Dogs a thoroughly unpleasant story to trudge through. If he returns, he better die in the prologue.

TVexperto

I enjoyed watch dogs much more than the last few AC games so i cant wait for this! hope they are changing the protagonist though.

stufte

I really enjoyed the first one. It wasn't exactly what I had hoped, but I'm really looking forward to a follow-up.

Daffy Duck

I enjoyed the first one so sign me up.

Please no million different preorder bonuses though from every retailer under the sun, shit needed a spreadsheet to work what you missed for preordering from X retailer.

Chanser

I liked the first one, can't wait for this. I hope they bring back the app and lessen the number of special/limited editions.

Bsigg12

No AC? Feels strange if that is the case.

Or are they gonna try to tie AC and WD together for real this time beyond a few easter eggs?

Please gimme Raymond Kenny this time around, he was actually fun unlike Aiden.

Kotaku in this article is saying AC is being slowed down to a biannual franchise rather than annual.

DryvBy

Will it star an unlikable prick who can steal money from everyone but it's ok because BATMAN and he has 'morals'?

I liked him. It's fun to play horrible people sometimes. I mean, he endangered his family for his own personal gain. Give him a chance!

I actually am perfectly fine with a new Watch Dogs. Game wasn't the worst thing ever, but felt like AC1. Maybe WD2 will be like AC2 and fix the problems.

gdt

The gunplay in Watch Dogs was excellent. They sound amazing too.

That pulled me through the whole game. That and the visuals and awesome score.

Euron

Based Press Sneak Fuck

Two major things Ubisoft:

1) Get rid of Aiden Pearce. Either ignore him or kill him off at the beginning.

2) Don't make it just another Ubisoft Template.

Put legitimate effort into the side missions instead of copy and pasting everything, either fix the driving or stop making driving missions, and give many alternatives to combat.

Top Bottom