• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku sources: Watch_Dogs 2 out later this year, set in San Francisco

Who should be the protagonist of Watch Dogs 2?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hopefully current gen only, up the ante with better side activities, a protagonist that's actually likeable, and better writing. Please?

Rosur

Hopefully better than the 1st. (like AC2 to AC1). San Fran will be a good location.
Kotaku still leaking stuff after complaining.

Skux

Underrated early gen game IMO. Had great shooting and cover gameplay (Ubi's Splinter Cell pedigree paid off here) and the hacking concept really shined in multiplayer.

Make the characters and story worth a damn and they could have a really good franchise.

Beefy

They need to change up the hacking as well. It gets to same old same old after 10mins.

Better protagonist.
Sort out the driving.
More fun open world.
Better/different hacking bits.
Way way way better storyline.
Get rid of the same old Ubi shit.

Kierian

Neo Member
I really hope we get a change of protagonist, Aiden Pearce wasn't really the the most original of Ubisoft characters.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Underrated early gen game IMO. Had great shooting and cover gameplay (Ubi's Splinter Cell pedigree paid off here) and the hacking concept really shined in multiplayer.

Make the characters and story worth a damn and they could have a really good franchise.

This. Mechanically speaking, the game was fun to play and enjoyed the combat quite a bit. Fix up the story and character bits along with tweaking the MP and this can be a great game. Really looking forward to seeing what they show.

If Ubisoft were smart they would get Rami Malek to be the new protagonist.

tW70kjg.gif

Rush_Khan

The first game was such a mess I completely forgot this game existed despite completing it. Hope the sequel is as big a jump as ACII was to AC.

oh fuck yeah. We need more games set in Frisco(I live really close to it). Was bummed when Dead Island 2 got...delayed...or whatever, since a portion was going to be set there. So much cool stuff you could do in that city.

This would explain why AC is not out this year if the theory that these two game series are in the same world (and end up crossing over) is right. Game Theory covered it a few weeks back.

Mossybrew

The gunplay in Watch Dogs was excellent. They sound amazing too.

That pulled me through the whole game. That and the visuals and awesome score.

Agreed, shooting felt good and the guns had good powerful sounds.

Also agreed we need a new protagonist and a better story this go-round, but I'm willing to give the series another chance.

Kazerei

Banned
Chicago was a pretty boring city. San Fran has more character, and hopefully Ubi can bring it to life well. At the very least there will be hills to fly off of.

Hopefully they can do an Assassin's Creed 2 style improvement. 1st game was average, but it definitely had some good features. Side quests need a big overhaul, only one I want back, are the Gang Invasions.

Fbh

I actually liked the first one so good news.

Hope the story is better this time around though

RdN

Short dev time, hn?

I think the game needs, as some have already said, an evolution on the level like Assassins Creed 1 to 2.

The base is good, but they need to really ramp up and improve on stuff.

DOWN

Banned
The first had tons of potential and cross gen sucked. I am so excited for this if they listened to feedback on the protagonist.

Can't say I'm surprised. Called this straight.

-Unity gets major backlash due to bugs and performance. Sells well, but reviews poorly. Has terrible legs.
-Syndicate is too far along to delay. Gets protagonist restructure to appease fanbase. Ac 2016 delayed to reevaluate franchise. Watchdogs 2 pushed from Spring 2016 to Fall 2016. Far Cry Primal pushed to Spring 2016 from Fall 2015 to fill gap.
-Syndicate sells poorly but has better player reception. Ubisoft looks at competition to improve Ac.

Top Bottom