• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku sources: Watch_Dogs 2 out later this year, set in San Francisco

Who should be the protagonist of Watch Dogs 2?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kevin

I bought Watch Dogs complete for the $15. Haven't bought a Ubisoft game in a long time. Tried to play it, wouldn't let me register my serial keeps on the uplay drm servers. Kept saying servers unavailable. Rebooted my computer and uplay would no longer load citing missing DLL's. Got a refund on that crap QUICK and I no longer plan on supporting Ubisoft ever again. Not sure how this kind of crap is so "acceptable" these days...

i'd rather they release wash dogs 2, where you wash cute doggies

ypXSlZY.jpg

IvanJ

Banned
Loved the first one, and have been patiently waiting for a sequel. A much better choice than another Assassin's Creed Reheat.

farisr

If this is the AC2 or Uncharted 2 of this franchise, then I'm on board.
I liked the first game, would be down for a second with improvements. But don't make me hope something like this will happen.

It would be a truly terrific game that I'd anticipate if the jump in quality was by that much. But for that to happen, it would definitely have to star someone other than Aiden and the writing would have to be significantly improved.

eFKac

Hopefully they totally revamp the driving model and collision/destruction physics. You spend a lot of time in a car and it feels shit.

Will buy for 20€ like the first one. One of the fastest game to drop in price this gen, wouldn't mind the second following that tradition.

Ubi have a lot of things to do with making the game more fun and less generic.

Hideouts were about only the best thing about Watch Dogs 1.

Oh and please for the love of god, get rid of Aiden Pierce, the most boring protagonist I've played as in forever.

Sober

If anyone is feeling particularly adventurous you should play the expansion Bad Blood, which actually stars T-Bone who isn't a gigantic piece of shit like Aiden Pierce. Yes the game is still the same but now you have a character who is a real person and not the cardboard cutout low-rent Batman we got.

Hip Hop

First game was awesome. From the gameplay to the graphics, it was great.

Can't wait for this.

Hopefully they expand their ideas a bit more. That's what the game needs. The foundation is there.

SpotAnime

Hey, Assassin's Creed was not great - and ACII was a masterpiece.

Wait before we all judge. There's a good game in Watch Dogs - after all, everyone was anticipating the release of the first one before the reviews hit.

Aiden Pearce was the single worst protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of playing as in a game. Like, holy sh*t dude - all your problems are self inflicted, you're a total douchebag and I have no sympathy for you at all.

He was supposed to be a flawed character. As you say, his problems were really self-inflicted.

Pity they didn't notice it doesn't work as well in video games as it can work in films.

That said, I actually liked Watch Dogs, if I ignored the story bits. Good mix of stealth and action, some freedom and emergent gameplay, and better side activities than in other Ubisoft games.

Definitely looking forward to this. Watch Dogs is a lot like the 1st Assassins Creed. Both had great ideas, but a had a lot of questionable ones. I fully expect Watch Dogs 2 to be like AC2. Everything will be fully realized, and then Ubisoft will milk the crap out of the franchise.

And why are people asking why are they making another one? Have you seen the sales numbers of the first?

kevin1025

Banned
Ubisoft leaks are fun!

I'm interested in a Watch Dogs 2, but I'm really hoping they expand on what they had. There were some really good pieces in there, but a lot of silliness around those good pieces. Since it'll have a potential 2.5 years of development time I'm hopeful!

Scotia

Banned
i'd rather they release wash dogs 2, where you wash cute doggies

ypXSlZY.jpg

I'd rather have this game to be honest.

Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce

Also, this.

TM94

Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce Please no Aiden Pearce

In the game you play a leet hax who can't afford housing so he resorts to going to rich neighborhoods and pretending to be their friends at parties, only to hack their money.

Hire me Ubi, let's do this. We'll make it like Hitman, only with hacking instead of killing.

Will only ever care for this game when people shout at me to play it. Have no faith in this ip. A lot of people are betting on ac2 equivalent with this.

kavanf1

Aiden Pearce was the single worst protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of playing as in a game. Like, holy sh*t dude - all your problems are self inflicted, you're a total douchebag and I have no sympathy for you at all.
He was a cock, but not as big a cock as Delsin Rowe, IMO.

I enjoyed aspects of Watch Dogs but it suffered a lot from the Ubisoft open world copy/paste formula. And Aiden should have died a painful death.

ezekial45

Banned
I hope they learned from the mistakes of the last one. I truly think there's some great value in WD, and with a sharper focus on variety, and a better story, I think they can make something cool.

If Watch_Dogs 1 was to AC1, then they better make damn sure that Watch_Dogs 2 is just like AC2 when it comes to series expansion.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
As expected. I liked the first, but it was heavily flawed. Here's hoping for the same jump that happened between AC1 and AC2.

LKSmash

Hey, Assassin's Creed was not great - and ACII was a masterpiece.

Wait before we all judge. There's a good game in Watch Dogs - after all, everyone was anticipating the release of the first one before the reviews hit.

The hive mind against Ubisoft really has gotten out of hand.

I genuinely keep forgetting the first Watch_Dogs even came out. Was it really almost 2 years ago? Wow.

I guess Ubisoft must be taking from the Fallout 4 model (or even the Far Cry Primal model) in announcing this at E3 and releasing in November. Better than announcing stuff three years in advance, at least...

Aces&Eights

I'm cautiously optimistic so we will see when footage starts coming out. I'm not sure I can handle more watch doge memes, though.

RK128

Well a Watch Dogs 2 was bound to happen after how well the original did. My bet is that we will get a ACII type of deal here; game improves in every way possible and it allows Ubisoft to make bi-yearly games so the AC series could get more polish.

Between this, a rumored Prince of Perisa game (not likely despite me wanting one), and the rumored Egypt AC game, a lot is coming that looks interesting out of Ubisoft :).

All that is needed is Rayman 4 to be announced and I will be set with them for this year :D!

Oh good. With the rumor of AC skipping 2016, I was worried we wouldn't get another boring ass UbiSoft open world game this year straight off their assembly line.

Top Bottom