• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Devs talk PC Release and Potential Sequel

Rymuth

PC Gamer: What was behind the decision to bring Dragon’s Dogma to PC now? Has something changed with the PC market since release that makes this the right time?

Jon: A PC version of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is something we had been planning for some time. We know it’s been a long wait, but we’ve brought the right team together to create the version of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen that our PC fans deserve.

PC Gamer: It’s interesting, because recent Capcom remasters like Resident Evil made it to consoles, too—but this is PC-only. Why is PC such a good match for Dragon’s Dogma?

Jon: This is a game that already looks great on Xbox 360 and PS3, but increased draw distances and uncompressed textures on a powerful PC makes it look absolutely beautiful. It’s also a game that includes many elements inspired by classic RPGs released on the PC. Those reasons plus the requests from our fans make this a perfect fit for a PC release.

PC Gamer: Between this release and Dragon’s Dogma Online, it seems like the series still means a lot to Capcom—where is Capcom at in terms of considering a sequel?

Matsukawa: Thanks for your interest in the series! The Dragon’s Dogma development team members often talk about the possibility of a sequel. We’d love to hear the opinions and feedback from players of the upcoming PC port of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, as that will increase the chances that we can look into the possibility of continuing the series.

via PCGAMER

Hunt me in packs if old

daxy

Already pre-ordered. Can't wait. Really like this trend of last-gen RPGs being ported to PC. Don't own a PS3 or 360, so I am really glad to be able to play them.

Eolz

Well, if DD PC is successful, it would make sense for them to localize the MMO first.

I never got around to playing this but will sure as shit check out the PC version. This interview + the other recent thread we have on GAF has got me HYPED.

I hope my i7 6700k and 980 Ti can handle it.

:p

bebop242

Still don't understand them not porting this to PS4, Xbox One. Underestimating the demand?

Anyway I hope this game sells tons on the PC, it deserves it.

Jon: This is a game that already looks great on Xbox 360 and PS3

I love DD and am really looking forward to the PC version, but lol. The game was ass ugly on consoles and ran even worse. The lighting is the only thing that looked hands-down good.

IvorB

Matsukawa: Thanks for your interest in the series! The Dragon’s Dogma development team members often talk about the possibility of a sequel. We’d love to hear the opinions and feedback from players of the upcoming PC port of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, as that will increase the chances that we can look into the possibility of continuing the series.

Just make a f**king sequel already jeez.

DrMcNulty

I double dipped and preordered this. Love what I played on the 360, but I really didn't like the muddy textures and poor frame rate. Can't wait to see how it was meant to be played.

Great now let's port it to X1 & PS4, bring DD online to the west, make the sequel non exclusive and let's be able trade pawn between consoles and PC.

Mozendo

Jeez thread has been up for 10 minutes or so and people are already port begging.

Really excited to play the game, for some reason this game never was in stock at my local store and I never got it, I remember I kept replaying the demo several times because the combat was that fun. I'm actually more excited of the possibility of the F2P game coming out in the west then the original, hopefully we get it by some time this year

It's up to you, PC friends. I don't have a PC strong enough to run this, and I'm a console gamer anyway. Enjoy this fantastic game.

Hoping for DD Online to make its way Stateside soon, or the Sequel.

ParityBit

<-- First time player. I have it preordered on steam.

So if you guys did not fail be and influence me buying a dud game, I am doing my part!

Dinda

Even if they make it look like it isn't the case, i still hope that Itsuno is actually working on Dragon's Dogma 2. I know that it is probably DMC, but until i know it for sure i'm still hopeful.

It was his dream project..... and until quite some time after he ended his work on the first, Capcom would still have thought that DmC could be a hit and stay in the west/with Ninja Theory.....soo....he could have already started working on DD2......right Gaf?......right???

Either way, have fun with the best game of the last console generation finally the way it was always supposed to be! (for me hopefully in 4k, 60fps.)

Gren

I don't have much faith in the "buy port X to encourage the publisher to greenlight a sequel." I know it's supposedly worked in the past (XBLA Hyper Fighting -> SFIV), but I'm still pretty cynical about such things.

Nonetheless, I'd still wholeheartedly recommend this to newcomers, as well as veterans looking to experience the game with better performance. At $30, the game itself is worth it even without the carrot.

<-- First time player. I have it preordered on steam.

So if you guys did not fail be and influence me buying a dud game, I am doing my part!

If you like action RPGs, high fantasy settings, and like exploration in games you're definitely gonna find something to love in Dragon's Dogma.

Hollycat

If I could carry over my save from ps3 I'd love to have it on PS4. That said, it'll be a great game to add to my pc collection.

Already preordered. Souls fans talk a lot about this so I'm glad I didn't play the PS3/360 versions. It'll be a nice experience, I hope.

MLH

I sure hope the PC version gets lots of purchases and turns heads at Capcom; I've got my pre-purchase down! The franchise has lots of potential, while DD might not be a perfect game it left me with a good impression and a desire for more.

It sounds like nothing is planned for Dragon's Dogma 2, but I hope they might just be teasing us along and DD2 might already be deep in development; people have already speculated Deep Down could be it.

Anyway looking forward to replaying Dragon's Dogma on PC!

Jinaar

Played the proverbial shit out of the original DD/DA on 360. Now to see it in it's Final Form on PC, this is a dream come true. Everyone that has played Skyrim should play this and then wallow in their own tears for why they ever played Skyrim in the first place :p I kid I kid

Dinda

Already preordered. Souls fans talk a lot about this so I'm glad I didn't play the PS3/360 versions. It'll be a nice experience, I hope.

That's because Souls fans like good combat in Games, and while very different. Souls combat and Dragon's Dogma combat stand (both for different reasons) head and shoulders above everything else in that regard.

Top Bottom