• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Devs talk PC Release and Potential Sequel

Sendero

I anticipate some backlash, based on expectations from some people.

-The story feels closer to MMORPG fare (not great for the most part)
-Does not seem to be that many interesting or memorable characters.
-Face animations are very basic or non-existant.

If there is anything they really need to improve in a possibly maybe sequel, is exactly that.

Still, day 1.

Mesoian

If there is anything they really need to improve in a possibly maybe sequel, is exactly that.

Still, day 1.

I mean, the game has its' fair share of problems.

There's a love system.

It doesn't tell you that there's a love system.

Said love system has CONSEQUENCES.

If I could carry over my save from ps3 I'd love to have it on PS4. That said, it'll be a great game to add to my pc collection.

That would be amazing.

It's why I'm hoping they bring DD Online here, I'd buy so much damn DLC, I'd totally be doing my part. Although, Already bought two physical copies of both DD Vanilla and DD Dark Arisen when they came out lol.

Ceebs

I tried it on PS3 and was not able to play it for long due to the performance of the game. Preordered the PC version and ready to give it another shot.

Who else ended up with
Fournival
the first time through -_-

Inn keeper!
I somehow ended up duping the ring to get instant max like from everyone,
I thought the person I gave the real ring (not the duped version) would ended up with me.

This turned out to be wrong...it shattered my heart to pieces :(

I restarted the whole game tho - and ended up with the right girl right before I sold vanilla game and got Dark arisen.

Edit: oh yeah when
when the dragon asked if you would like to save your loved one, I choose the option for the dragon to kill such person, really bummer that you couldn't end up with an alternate ending choosing such option. :(

Teknoman

That would be amazing.

It's why I'm hoping they bring DD Online here, I'd buy so much damn DLC, I'd totally be doing my part. Although, Already bought two physical copies of both DD Vanilla and DD Dark Arisen when they came out lol.

They're masterworks all, you cant go wrong.

BadWolf

Inn keeper!
I somehow ended up duping the ring to get instant max like from everyone,
I thought the person I gave the real ring (not the duped version) would ended up with me.

This turned out to be wrong I ended up with the inn keeper...it shattered my heart to pieces :(

I restarted the whole game tho - and ended up with the right girl right before I sold vanilla game and got Dark arisen.

Hehe I did a second playthrough as well to do right by my girl.

She ended up hitting the sack with the Duchess, and in the end staying with the childhood lady friend and forest girl. Win.

jonjonaug

There's a love system.

Said love system is also real buggy. It's possible to end up with one character at
the dragon fight
, and another in the ending cutscene.

I get the feeling Capcom never patched this in Dark Arisen despite all the other improvements just because of how hilarious it is. It's one of those things that gives the game a certain charm.

Said love system is also real buggy. It's possible to end up with one character at
the dragon fight
, and another in the ending cutscene.

I get the feeling Capcom never patched this in Dark Arisen despite all the other improvements just because of how hilarious it is. It's one of those things that gives the game a certain charm.

Right...just like the way you could get
bright skies post game and not the dark world

Oh, man. Give me a sequel! I hope it does extremely well on PC.

Who else ended up with
Fournival

I ended up with Madeleine on the first play through.

7175610741_06e7df65ee_z.jpg

Crzy1

Only about a week away, already pre-purchased and patiently waiting. Going to be awesome to play it at a stable (hopefully) framerate.

MUnited83

For you.
€30?

Can't do it for a game I've already bought and paid for, much as I'd like to.

Worth it considering how much better than the original versions it will be, and the fact that it comes with a high quality artbook and soundtrack.

Also, GMG has a 20% discount for it.

sublimit

Banned
Everyone buy this so we get DD2.

I have already bought the game twice and at full price (vanilla PS3 DD and PS3 DDDA.)I love the game but i think that's enough for me.

And if they will ever make DD2 i will be there day 1 again.

Lingitiz

Anecdotally I'm sure this will do quite well. It's been the top selling on GMG for a while and is moving its way up the Steam charts. Valkyria Chronicles level of success is definitely possible.

Steel

Banned
So.... You're telling me there's a chance?

Still, day 1.

Well, yeah, the story is trash and the character except for one or two exceptions are trash. Granted, the story does get interesting near the end. But that combat and enemy design.... Mmmm...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why do I have the nagging feeling that this will come out on PS4/X1 down the line and I'll regret having pre-ordered it on PC? xD Most of my friends would play it on PS4 so the pawn sharing would be better for me there.

Oh well if it happens I might just buy it again anyway, if it means more chances of DD2.

Who else ended up with
Fournival
Obligatory:
CFOV1IP.png

Want a remaster for consoles so bad but im not a dirty beggar, no im gonna do something about it gaf.
Im going to...BUILD MY FIRST PC.
...As soon as I get help doing so.

DD 2 is definitely happening.
With DD PC and DD Online, it would be more than enough for development money. Heck, DD Online alone would be a sufficient source of steady income.

Steel

Banned
Want a remaster for consoles so bad but im not a dirty beggar, no im gonna do something about it gaf.
Im going to...BUILD MY FIRST PC.
...As soon as I get help doing so.

There's a PC build thread here. I'd go there to get an idea of what specs you want for what you're willing to spend(you really don't need much to max out this game, from what we've heard).

DD 2 is definitely happening.
With DD PC and DD Online, it would be more than enough for development money. Heck, DD Online alone would be a sufficient source of steady income.

Personally I was thinking we were getting DD:O in place of DD 2, so I'm glad to hear that they're at least considering considering the possibility of a real sequel.

DD was so good, I would buy a remaster for on consoles...

That 60fps though, hmmm, should be tasty for you PC fellas...One of the better games released last gen IMO, would have won awards if the story was higher quality.

papo

Bullshit PR response on that 3rd question. People have been clamoring for a sequel for a long time now.

Hell many of us thought that Deep Down was that sequel and it would have been amazing.

Anyways that reminds me, what happened to Deep Down?

Bullshit PR response on that 3rd question. People have been clamoring for a sequel for a long time now.

Hell many of us thought that Deep Down was that sequel and it would have been amazing.

Anyways that reminds me, what happened to Deep Down?

Development hell.

Possible reconsidering of the F2P market on consoles warranting tunneling all of the profits from Monster Hunter into it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

There's a love system.

i am fully expecting to only play that game after some expert walks me through every system, like like with Dark Souls 1 back in the day. Im sure someone will make a thread or use the OT for that when it comes out

Top Bottom