• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Signs of downgrades from the Platinum Demo

Originally posted by copelandmaster.

ciMb.jpg

eiMb.jpg

alt shot

Different locations or time of day?
And anyway, reportedly it's not running that smooth either. But well, it's a demo..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wait for the XBX1.5/PS4K/PC version in 2017 if this isnt enough for you.

Whompa02

A 3 gig console demo is certainly the bar we should measure things at.

Wait for PC if you want a few more trees in the far distance

Go_Ly_Dow

The confirmed back in 2013 the footage was running on a high-end development PC.

It was never, ever touted as being console footage.

Ehh... Things getting optimized/changed for performance/technical reasons is just standard process, isn't it?

And yeah, first screen looks like a prerendered mockup.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It probably is a downgrade, though. Wasn't the top shot from the idealized PC build that wasn't targeting any common hardware spec? I think so.

LeleSocho

Banned
Wow it looks like ass...
i know probably i was dumb to expect that kind of graphics in the final release but my god... my interest fro the game vanished almost completely if the changes are so severe.

It's a game that was in development for nine years on multiple platforms and then SE changed directors in an effort to actually release something, so some geometry and textures might not look amazing.

MrHoot

I'll go against the tide and actually remind that S-E themselves that the demo is representative of the visuals and combat of the final product, so the "it's a demo" (itsudemoooo~) doesn't really hold sway.

On that note tho, I still think it looks very very pretty. I'd rather have that and you know...an actual game coming out that might run between 25 to 30fps to no game at all

Z3M0G

So who is this demo available to exactly?? I couldn't find it on PSN last night...

Edit: Oh nm, it's there now... I couldn't find it on PS4, but it was easy to find on PC store.

Arkeband

Banned
This is the problem with target render trailers - people believe it's running on native hardware when it's not.

Considering they've already stated they're struggling to hit 30FPS on PS4, the smooth gameplay from last night was probably also from a dev PC build.

Don't believe Ondore's lies, only assume it's running on PS4 once the controller's in your hands and you can press the PS button to jump back to the OS.

I feel that overall the engine is more impressive than a lot in the initial reveal. That bit is definitely a target render however. Looks much better than a lot of the other stuff in the 2013 trailer. That asset quality at that scale is...not achievable right now

Still looks nice, particularly in motion. We went through this with Witcher 3 too, and, in the end, I don't think the downgrade ruined too many people's experience with the game.

LeleSocho

Banned
In what world can someone honestly say this?

Are you serious? In that screenshot aside the character model everything has a LOD 99999999 and has straight out PS2 level of geometry with crappy textures or even only color filled.

I fell in love with the FFXV of the first pic with the one that had a city that looked truly alive and filled with things to see... now i didn't knew that the trailer was in CG but simply thought it was in-engine (was on a kinda of media blackout because i wanted to experience the game fully at release), was i a fool for expecting something similar for the final game? Probably, but the game i fell in love with and the one that will come out are two totally different things.

Disappointment is off the charts for me.

reKon

Banned
Are you serious? In that screenshot aside the character model everything has a LOD 99999999 and has straight out PS2 level of geometry with crappy textures or even only color filled.

I fell in love with the FFXV of the first pic with the one that had a city that looked truly alive and filled with things to see... now i didn't knew that the trailer was in CG but simply thought it was in-engine (was on a kinda of media blackout because i wanted to experience the game fully at release), was i a fool for expecting something similar for the final game? Probably, but the game i fell in love with and the one that will come out are two totally different things.

Disappointment is off the charts for me.

It's going to be interesting after I actually play this and then come back to this post.

Philippo

No matter how much effort Square Enix puts behind promoting and developing this game, you will always get someone that complains about it, wheter its the "downgrade", the demo being disappointing etc.

I was fully satisfied by what they had to offer today, so its better if i just go on comeplete media blackout and stay out of any related thread.

Top Bottom