• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zero Time Dilemma Screenshots, 3DS/Vita Comparison

Via Gematsu

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/zero-time-dilemma-ps-vita-3ds-screenshots

Vita:
ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_001.jpg

3DS:
ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_002.jpg

ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_005.jpg

ZTD-Screens_04-07-16_006.jpg

More in the link above.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The 3DS/Vita differences look much more pronounced this time around. Maybe the Vita was the lead platform this time.

Luigiv

Hmm 3DS seems to hold up pretty decently. I think I may go with that version, just because I played the previous 2 on my 3DS as well.

Both versions looks good, if different in the lighting department.

My guess is that's because of 3DS's lack of programmable shaders, so they're changing the style a bit to still make it look good, even if it differs from the Vita version.

I'm sure to get both games and am very glad that I have the Vita Limited Watch version on pre-order.

Can't wait for summer!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The 3DS/Vita differences look much more pronounced this time around. Maybe the Vita was the lead platform this time.

I think they might be making high res assets so it'll scale better to multiple platforms. It makes sense that they do that with the PC version already confirmed.

-Horizon-

Hmmm, I still might just stick with the 3ds version as long as it doesn't wipe the game's saves like in VLR. I already got the rest of the series pretty much on my 3ds.

As long as the PC version is released after the 3DS/Vita version gotta get the 3DS version since I don't own a Vita, the visuals will be rough, but as long as the game doesn't make me paranoid that it wants to delete my save like VLR did I'll be ok.

NotLiquid

I honestly think I like the 3DS version's lighting better in that second comparison. It fits the darker vibe of Zero Escape more, while a lot of screens from the Vita version's high contrast is a little bit too colorful and pinkish for my tastes.

I'll probably get it on 3DS if it has a good framerate. I feel like I'll miss the memo function among other things if I don't have a touch screen to use.

JBwB

I'm still wondering whether I should get it on my Vita or to just wait for the Steam version.

Argh!

Viewed on their respective resolutions, 3DS actually isn't that bad. Kind of prefer the palette and lighting as well, but Vita still looks better thanks to those models.

Akoi

This reminds me, I need to play 999 on my DS, and VLR on my Vita... I recently just picked up 999 off Amazon because I wanted to play through this series.

daveo42

Banned
Def a difference there between 3DS and Vita, though that's not going to matter as much once we get into the game. Just glad I was able to pre-order this and am ready for June.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think they might be making high res assets so it'll scale better to multiple platforms. It makes sense that they do that with the PC version already confirmed.

Good point, I'd forgotten about the Steam release.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Seems 3DS version has the edge with the better lighting there. Really fits the dreadful tone of the game

You know....I like having no physical footprints, so that would favor the 3DS version for me since I have a large enough memory card to download the game on that platform, but the Vita version looks better, albeit slightly, but I would have to buy the physical game because fuck Sony's memory cards.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is the game going fully animated in its scenes this time, as opposed to the still images of VLR?

GamerJM

Banned
I played VLR on 3DS but I recently picked up the Vita version for a pre-ZTD playthrough of the game and from what little I've played so far I do not like the lack of dual screens and Stylus controls on the Vita version. It'll be hard to choose which one to play :\. Well, I'm buying both to support the series anyways, lol.

PK Gaming

Feels like i'm in 2012 again, back when I was looking at VLR screenshots

I still can't believe this is actually happening

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yyyyyyyyyyyep. Actually, it's going so far down that end that we don't even know if we will be pressing buttons to advance or just watching cutscenes.
Oh man, sounds great. The one thing I didn't love about VLR was how stiff the scenes seemed, so that's a big improvement.

galvenize

Does this game has ties with 999 and VLR? I honestly don't remember much of the story at all.

I'm honestly impressed by those who still remember 90% of the game after all this time. I went back to wiki a month ago to refresh my memory and I feel like I've already forgotten. There's just so much.

Top Bottom