• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GnR reunion show - Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the brand new T-Mobile Arena.

I am 30 feet from the entrance.

Doors were supposed to open at 8.

It is now almost 930.

C'mon, Axl, don't fuck me like this.

jett

D-Member
At the brand new T-Mobile Arena.

I am 30 feet from the entrance.

Doors were supposed to open at 8.

It is now almost 930.

C'mon, Axl, don't fuck me like this.

Isn't this classic Axl behavior? Last time he played where I live the show started at midnight.

Maddocks

It is Axl, you will be in the arena at 11pm and out by 11:45 when he sees someone in the crowd wearing a shit he doesn't like.

blahness

To be fair to Axl, he did just break a bone in his foot. Making sure he can still perform in some manner tonight might be partly to blame for the delay.

Seems like delay was due to shitty security and event planning. Finally got in and saw the last 5 songs of nu Alice in Chains.

Roadies preparing for GnR.

Metalmarc

See this is the same shit he pulls all the time, i know he broke his foot, but either cancel the gig or dont, do it in a fucking cast sitting in a chair like Dave Grohl if you have too, and still show up on time.

He said, i think it was to Eddie Trunk when he was interviewed by Eddie for That Metal Show a few years back that "'he's always ben late to everything he does even since school, whats the big deal, it's Rock N Roll, if i recall i think he mentioned the likes of Hendrix playing at the Isle of Wight Festival at 2am in the morning and every fucker stayed to watch that" something like that anyway the Quotes not 100% accurate, and i'm sure he said most of the time he doesnt wake up until 9-10pm, and then he starts the day by having a meal first etc.

What he forgets is times have changed we're not in the 1970's anymore, venue rules have changed, transport rules have changed and half the Audience today probably aren't on Speed or something to stay awake till fuckng 4-5am.

Maybe the jokes on me though, maybe i'm not Rock n Roll enough :-/

obin_gam

When I saw them three years ago we had to stand in freezing (0C) rain for about an hour past due.
Fuck Axl.
Seriously.

cruets

Kinda sucks just watching axl sit on his ass. Nice of him not that cancel but meh performance for what people payed tonight

Show was awesome.

Highlight for me was seeing them perform Coma. Got misty-eyed.

Also neat seeing Slash play on some Chinese Democracy stuff.

Caught the last few songs on a Ustream link, looked great. Axl sounds better than he did when I saw them in 2012. Maybe he sounded better when I saw them in 2006.

I hope they last long enough to make it to Europe for a UK gig.

They seem happy for now.

Randy5554

See this is the same shit he pulls all the time, i know he broke his foot, but either cancel the gig or dont, do it in a fucking cast sitting in a chair like Dave Grohl if you have too, and still show up on time.

He said, i think it was to Eddie Trunk when he was interviewed by Eddie for That Metal Show a few years back that "'he's always ben late to everything he does even since school, whats the big deal, it's Rock N Roll, if i recall i think he mentioned the likes of Hendrix playing at the Isle of Wight Festival at 2am in the morning and every fucker stayed to watch that" something like that anyway the Quotes not 100% accurate, and i'm sure he said most of the time he doesnt wake up until 9-10pm, and then he starts the day by having a meal first etc.

What he forgets is times have changed we're not in the 1970's anymore, venue rules have changed, transport rules have changed and half the Audience today probably aren't on Speed or something to stay awake till fuckng 4-5am.

Maybe the jokes on me though, maybe i'm not Rock n Roll enough :-/

Funny you should say that about the chair....

He ended up literally borrowing Dave's throne!

20160409_020434.jpg.875a4764b550d7f7407ede1e5cde1b60.jpg

PillarEN

Funny you should say that about the chair....

He ended up literally borrowing Dave's throne!

20160409_020434.jpg.875a4764b550d7f7407ede1e5cde1b60.jpg
Lol. I wonder if he called up Dave and they talked about the 92 VMA. Maybe he could finally answer Dave where he was during the Lithium performance.

When I saw Axl and his hired Guns he was on time and made a point of it too haha.

jstripes

Banned
Wow. You can tell how much times have changed when a thread like this hasn't even made one page yet.

Does he still sound the same?

PillarEN

Wow. You can tell how much times have changed when a thread like this hasn't even made one page yet.

Maybe it doesn't show in this thread but before the Las Vegas shows (I mean strictly performing in Vegas for some time) they were touring basketball/hockey arenas. During this tour they are doing shows at football fields. The interest is still there.

glow

Banned
Lol. I wonder if he called up Dave and they talked about the 92 VMA. Maybe he could finally answer Dave where he was during the Lithium performance.

Haha that was Kris Novaselic saying it though. "Hi Axl!! Where's Axl?? Hi Axl!!" I still remember that from the VMAs 😂

Massa

It's shocking to me that this show was actually good from the YT vids I saw.

As someone who watched the new Guns and Slash a few times it doesn't shock me at all, they're amazing performers. The energy that comes out of them is something else.

Caught the last few songs on a Ustream link, looked great. Axl sounds better than he did when I saw them in 2012. Maybe he sounded better when I saw them in 2006.

I hope they last long enough to make it to Europe for a UK gig.

They seem happy for now.

Yeah, Axl seemed very happy. That was nice to see. He was also kind of proper, greeting the audience with "Good evening."

He also cracked a joke, saying "Now we're gonna try something different, this is a happy song, kind of a fairy tale." Then Coma started.

Not quite, but he sounded much better than I had anticipated. Remember, it's pretty hard to belt it out when you are confined to a chair.

Did they played the greatest song ever?

Estranged!!

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom