• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 6 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO BOOK SPOILERS NO BOOK SPOILERS NO BOOK SPOILERS

ADDENDUM: Any leak discussion is prohibited in the thread and bannable. This includes linking to sources, vague hints, posting spoilers outright, etc... Find somewhere else on the internet to have this conversation if it appeals to you.

J40R7yy.jpg

Game of Thrones is a television series on HBO based on the bestselling A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. Game of Thrones is an epic, high fantasy series about the fight for control of Westeros which was inspired by The War of the Roses in medieval Europe. Though it's been labeled as fantasy, Game of Thrones is more about the struggle for power and family dynamics than it is about typical fantasy tropes like magic and elves. As co-producer and writer David Benioff put it: “If you have to just pick one word to describe it, it’s the word ‘power’ and how it affects those who are pursuing it, and how those who already have it try to retain it, and how those who are caught in the crossfire between the two are mutilated in the process.” In addition to complex characters living in a well thought out and developed world, the story boasts plenty of violence, sex, and other adult oriented content.

The sixth season premieres Sunday, April 24th at 9PM on HBO. The 10 episode season 6 is the first to be largely beyond the plot of George RR Martin’s published books from A Song of Ice and Fire.

HBO’s Press Release on Season 6:
HBO said:
Following the shocking developments at the conclusion of season five, including Jon Snow’s bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys’ near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei’s public humiliation in the streets of King’s Landing, survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.

oS54BD1.jpg

Cast
The cast of Season 6 can be found below as well as a full series cast page on HBO’s website. HBO’s cast page.

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell)
0c8Jlyj.png
1PaqoOH.png
pwZEqmJ.png
OFPuGY2.png
9uP4YS4.png
7jRJaxX.png

Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Jonathan Pryce (The High Sparrow), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon)
ZqUs4Td.png
l2NNsGD.png
lsygxoT.png
bySE46C.png
ZOEr3sH.png
yLxoEx1.png

Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont)
It7497C.png
hPnEjtU.png
FCtEAva.png
W2G3c3R.png
Jav1J3M.png
4bCsg0H.png

Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark), Conleth Hill (Varys), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Hannah Murray (Gilly)
AFwziEL.png
QeaBDXk.png
BcsLYB1.png
Im84K06.png
7gf57Dz.png
9TNse72.jpg

Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand), Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H’ghar)
17Nnvsh.png
dTM9nbW.png
vfCRrWD.png
JRPnrf9.png

Crew
The writing staff for season 6 includes David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Bryan Cogman, and Dave Hill. The directors of season 6 are Jeremy Podeswa, Daniel Sackheim, Jack Bender, Mark Mylod, and Miguel Sapochnik. See the Schedule section below for a breakdown of writers and directors by episode.

B7C7QrX.jpg

Season 6
Game of Thrones returns for its sixth season on April 24th, 2016. The season will once again consist of 10 episodes and they will air each Sunday at 9PM. Once the episodes start airing, I will house a permanent link to content roundups for each episode in this section.

Episodes
601: The Red Woman (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Directed by Jeremy Podeswa)
602: Home (Written by Dave Hill, Directed by Jeremy Podeswa)
603: Oathbreaker (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Directed by Daniel Sackheim)
604: Book of the Stranger (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Directed by Daniel Sackheim)
605: The Door (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Directed by Jack Bender)
606: Blood of My Blood (Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Jack Bender)
607: The Broken Man (Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Mark Mylod)
608: No One (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Directed by Mark Mylod)
609: Battle of the Bastards (Directed by Miguel Sapochnik)
610: The Winds of Winter (Directed by Miguel Sapochnik)

hDI7fVC.jpg

Trailers & Promos

Clips

Promo Images

3YZsWIz.jpg

Links

hgJ45.jpg

SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.
  • Pullox
  • WhereAreMahDragonz
  • Lothar

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
I strongly recommend that you subscribe to the appropriate thread and use your subscriptions page to visit the thread.
YMht45j.jpg

• The season starts on April 24th at 9PM, and will continue each Sunday after for 10 episodes.
  • Special thanks to 20 good men

ADDENDUM: Any leak discussion is prohibited in the thread and bannable. This includes linking to sources, vague hints, posting spoilers outright, etc... Find somewhere else on the internet to have this conversation if it appeals to you.

Thanks for putting the threads together, Steely. They look great.

Please use your subscriptions and make sure you're in the right thread, folks. Any book discussion in here leads to a ban. Thanks.

Ridli

Oh hey! It's GOT time again. I go in with high hopes, but I secretly know I'll be emotionally devastated by the end of the season.

coy

My friends have been buzzing in anticipation for the show's return. I rewatched bits of S5 to jog my memory. I am ready.

Scarfo

Banned
For once I'm most excited about Cersei and Sansa's storylines. I really believe this will be the very best season of Game of Thrones yet.

Volimar

If Ellaria isn't executed the first time they show Dorne this season, I'll have completely lost faith in Dr. Bashir.

Has anything bad ever happened to the Boltons? They are the worst scum among scum and just seem to come out on top every time.

I hope they get a beatdown this season.

No, thank the seven. Something about Ramsay and the other Boltons is just so damn cathartic to watch.

GamingKaiju

S6 HYPE!!

My theory for Jon Snow

Jon Snow will be resurrected as a WW since he can't be burned and will kill the mutineers for their betrayal. He then will serve as a general to the Knights Watch King.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm partial to Roose Bolton. I knew he was up to no good since the first day. Ramsay is always a joy to watch (well, not always), but Roose's scheming is just too damn enjoyable to witness.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait for the return of Hodor and his acolyte, Bran Stark.

Also, hopefully we don't spend another whole season on Arya's "training". I'm starting to wonder where her whole story is going. Is this all just so she can go back to Westeros and kill Cersei or Walder Frey, which are the last members(?) of her list still alive?

iNvid02

what if Jon does come back but is a bad guy aligned with the ww for most of the time, something something cleansing fire and regular jon returns to wreck shit with tyrion and dany

It's happening!!!!!!!!!!!

The North remembers!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it's time they let go and stopped remembering, it always ends so poorly for them

let this be the season the north forgives and forgets

what if Jon does come back but is a bad guy aligned with the ww for most of the time, something something cleansing fire and regular jon returns to wreck shit with tyrion and dany

I think it's time they let go and stopped remembering, it always ends so poorly for them

let this be the season the north forgives and forgets

Starks ain't had a win since season 2.

Malvolio

Felt a bit let down after last season. It was enjoyable but not up to the level of the previous. High hopes that it's not the beginning of a trend and I fall in love again.

I always used to complain about the show and talk about how the book is better, but TWOW taking so long and the really good trailers for Season 6, is making me really hyped for this season.

I mean I will forever hate what they did with Stannis and I just cringe at the words "bad pussy" but hopefully this season will be a LOT better.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I always used to complain about the show and talk about how the book is better, but TWOW taking so long and the really good trailers for Season 6, is making me really hyped for this season.

I mean I will forever hate what they did with Stannis and I just cringe at the words "bad pussy" but hopefully this season will be a LOT better.

Yeah...

"You're my daughter. I went looking for healers all over Westeros to save you. You're the princess Baratheon." *hugs her*
*Best dad/king of the year, fans cheers all over the world! Way to go Stannis the Mannis*

"lol jk sorry but i gotta burn you alive"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom