• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No BioShock Collection before April, it seems

salromano

On the Take-Two conference call, Strauss just said that they already announced their entire release schedule for the fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2017. Paying half-attention, but pretty sure he said any changes to their outlook would only be performance-based.

Edit: Just a refresher:

BioShock Collection rated in Brazil - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187234

BioShock Collection rated in Taiwan, with box art: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187234&page=6#285

BioShock Collection rated by the ESRB, with description confirming inclusion of BioShock 1, 2, and Infinite: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187234&page=6#296

Neiteio

Uh, yeah, it's a compilation that already has box art. I'm pretty sure it'll be coming this year. Maybe there was a mix-up in their report?

salromano

Uh, yeah, it's a compilation that already has box art. I'm pretty sure it'll be coming this year. Maybe there was a mix-up in their report?

Someone asked to clarify if their forecast for the year included only their announced titles, and that's what Strauss replied.

Huh thought we would finally see an announcement at E3.
That sort of thing isn't E3 worthy though

Unless they're remaking them in a new engine or something (which I seriously doubt they would)

It is Unreal 3 so maybe they port it to 4 but I have no idea what that even entails, and don't expect more than PC version on consoles

Unless they're remaking them in a new engine or something (which I seriously doubt they would)

It is Unreal 3 so maybe they port it to 4 but I have no idea what that even entails, and don't expect more than PC version on consoles

Could be the sort of thing you announce at E3 along with a new entry in the franchise

morpix

Shadow Complex Remastered still uses UE3 albeit the most updated version of UE3 (Batman Arkham Knight uses it too). I'd say they'll go that route.

It feels like if they wait until 2017, the interest we I'll have waned. Unless 2K intends to use the Collection to help prop up a new entry in the franchise next year as was previously suggested. Still, the original will be ten years old next year.

It would make sense that they're saving the remaster collection for the original's 10th anniversary, plus to build up hype before a new game's release. With a series as big and successful as Bioshock, there's no way new games aren't being worked on. If they release the remaster a year+ before a new game comes out, hype generated by the remaster could dissipate before then.

I just hope the remasters are actually really good. We've gotten way too many under-polished or just straight-up trash remasters this gen, especially from third party publishers.

Harlock

Maybe they are saving for more close to next Bioshock game announcement (that does not seem very soon either).

10th anniversary release would be cool if they straight up remake the assets in the first game. Even if Infinite is just a PC port since it holds up a lot better visually

Otherwise it would be pretty obnoxious to wait for PC ports the audience for them has been waiting/expecting by now

Jawmuncher

Yeah guessing that they're actually redoing models and such then. Much like what we are seeing with Batman and Dead Island. At least it'll be worth the wait in a sense. Rather than just the current PC versions at 1080P.

Bizzquik

He said earlier in the year that they would have a big presence (games, not people) at E3.

Most of us assume he has games planned for Holiday 2016.

Trogdor1123

Yeah guessing that they're actually redoing models and such then. Much like what we are seeing with Batman and Dead Island. At least it'll be worth the wait in a sense. Rather than just the current PC versions at 1080P.
40 bucks all the dlc and I'd be happy with a plain port.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
That would be weird if it was just a 1080p 60 remaster.

Hopefully this means it's a full on remake in UE4 or something like Halo Aniversary, Rachet and Clank, or Modern Warfare.

Fuchsdh

Given that I can play the originals on PC (at greater than 1080p resolutions if I pleased), I'd rather they do some larger touches and rehauling than a straight port, at least for BS1 and 2. Cleaning up BS1's weapons and plasmid selection or allowing duel wielding like BS2 would be really cool too.

Seems weird that they're being so coy with it. We all know it's coming, we've seen the cool box art. Getting rated and art would seem to imply it was close to being released.

Gator86

This would work for me. I'd love updated Bioshock, even if it does entail pushing the release further back.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It would make sense that they're saving the remaster collection for the original's 10th anniversary, plus to build up hype before a new game's release. With a series as big and successful as Bioshock, there's no way new games aren't being worked on. If they release the remaster a year+ before a new game comes out, hype generated by the remaster could dissipate before then.

I just hope the remasters are actually really good. We've gotten way too many under-polished or just straight-up trash remasters this gen, especially from third party publishers.

Is the original nearly 10 years old!? God in getting old. I'm totally buying this remaster if it's a real thing. A new bioshock would be great but as long as the combat is better than infinite. All great games but that seems to be the weakest in the series.

Trogdor1123

Is the original nearly 10 years old!? God in getting old. I'm totally buying this remaster if it's a real thing. A new bioshock would be great but as long as the combat is better than infinite. All great games but that seems to be the weakest in the series.
I think that's a fair way of putting it, all the games are terrific

Top Bottom