• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2019 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

In Canada we cherish our hockey like Americans cherish football or the Europeans cherish soccer (football). A few noticeable differences right away this year were a new announcer, AI for goaltending and defence has gotten tightened up, gone are the days of one-timers for a fairly consistent amount of offence, it took me awhile to figure out how to score consistently but I'm getting there now. Close up facial animations/ visuals have been slightly improved, some new menus during goals and a scoreboard at the bottom of the screen have been added and the ridiculous amount of penalties called in NHL19 have been fixed. Just waiting to start my season until the official rosters have been selected.

GQvqJtzh.jpg

ehkooboh

Neo Member
Everyone's talking about Nintendo Switch Lite, and there I was sneaking into the game shop and grabbing these today. What were they smoking when deciding to give 3 buttons controllers for Genesis Mini?!

ehkooboh

Neo Member
Does the Asian MD Mini come with a power brick?

There are no power brick for mini consoles. So it doesn't come with power brick but with 2x 6 buttons controllers and one micro USB power cable. You would have to find your own USB power adapter or use your TV USB instead.

There is a dedicated Mode button on the 6 buttons controller to open the game options (making it 7 buttons actually). The other versions hold the Start button instead.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Alright, maybe I should help liven this thread up a bit with the stupid shit I buy. Will probably post some non-gaming stuff, too. Are we not supposed to do that? I don't care, cuz I don't play by tha rulez *turns baseball cap to the side*

Finally finished putting together one of my arcade sticks for my supergun setup. Will do the second probably in the next month or two.

I1gULYk.jpg

Spoiler alert: It's better than all that HRAP nonsense. First stick I've had that feels as good (honestly, actually better) than a cab.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

This came in today -- most expensive game I've ever bought:

38xkQ3Z.jpg

Ibara. Which is actually my first Cave PCB. That's a path you should never begin down.

Terrible shot of it in action, but it's all I've got right now, so whatever

MeDhK8E.jpg

Anyway, Ibara wasn't top of my list, but it's a cool game that never got a good port, and I was able to get a *relatively* good price on it. Will probably get Mushihimesama next.

The Nintendo Direct was right, it does feel nice to play the SNES Switch games online with these. I was lucky to very randomly come across when they went up for purchase. $99 CAD w/ shipping, crazy but I still like them and they came charged already. Just like the NES controllers just what you remember them being but wireless.

fc604o9h.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

Alright, so first, I got another PCB. This time, it's Mr. Driller 2:

2rFgjbL.jpg

Cool.

And got some weeb shit. Today, it's Gunsmith Cats on Blu-Ray, which is (I think) only available through the Kickstarter that ran almost a year back. Never actually seen the show before, but I know it's something of a classic.

NBJiMqS.jpg

Hopefully getting my biggest purchase of the year next week. I'm excited for that.

This Amiibo hunt was a real mess, to be honest I was a bit unprepared but in Canada its always a shit show with supply and demand. I did pick up a Link's Awakening Amiibo, I literally had to wait for 2 hrs for the courier truck to get in and there were others waiting. (Just waiting to post that with my imported Steel Book case from Nintendo Soup.

Anyways I think they were all supposed to come in on the same day but the Smash Amiibo's were delayed by about a week, happened to walk in to EB Games and get all 3 randomly at different times, I really lucked out with these.
DcsIpVEh.jpg

aGWeMfXh.jpg

Has anyone else played this yet? Absolutely loving it especially after a few entries on the 3DS which were great but as a console game it really brings the environment and atmosphere of Luigi's Mansion to life.

FYI: I've seen other people ask but this game is definitely worth full price. First party Nintendo games never really go down in price for sales more than $10-$20.

oPs9Ta4h.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a birthday, got some cool shit.

Fallout 1:18 Pick-R-Up. I didn't get the Red Rocket yellow version, I preferred the candy red. Super high quality paint just like the Fusion Flea.
QEnIEJk.jpg

ARKFxbE.jpg

Got a few Switch games. I wanted to buy Astral Chain and Link's Awakening on launch day, but we have a rule in my family, no buying anything near birthdays or Christmas.
jcgqLTw.jpg

Got a V2 Elite
cxSgeYy.jpg

This wasn't a gift, but I gave my Dreamcast games to my older brother a long time ago, he gave me them all back along with a Dreamcast, two controllers and a bunch of accessories including a VGA box. I have a couple game doubles now, but it's not the worst problem to have.
gY7LZir.jpg

ZdycfIr.jpg

TacosNSalsa

Just had a birthday, got some cool shit.

Fallout 1:18 Pick-R-Up. I didn't get the Red Rocket yellow version, I preferred the candy red. Super high quality paint just like the Fusion Flea.
QEnIEJk.jpg

ARKFxbE.jpg

Got a few Switch games. I wanted to buy Astral Chain and Link's Awakening on launch day, but we have a rule in my family, no buying anything near birthdays or Christmas.
jcgqLTw.jpg

Got a V2 Elite
cxSgeYy.jpg

This wasn't a gift, but I gave my Dreamcast games to my older brother a long time ago, he gave me them all back along with a Dreamcast, two controllers and a bunch of accessories including a VGA box. I have a couple game doubles now, but it's not the worst problem to have.
gY7LZir.jpg

ZdycfIr.jpg
Yo ..that truck is amazing looking . I love the paint

Danny Dudekisser

Sooooooooo.... I might've gone a little overboard with the arcade stuff in the last few weeks. All games are originals - ain't no bootlegs.

First, these:

RqHi2p4.png

Alien vs. Predator and Battle Circuit. AVP's an all-time great. Never played Battle Circuit.

Then, I got these:

wplempG.png

Last Blade 2 and King of Fighters 99 for the MVS. Two of my favorite fighters.

The other games are Atomiswave carts. I got King of Fighters: Neowave, Hokuto no Ken (which I love), and Dolphin Blue. Never played Dolphin Blue, but it's a Metal Slug-style game that just about everyone who's played seems to be a huge fan of.

And lastly:

mu1YrEl.png

Tetris: The Grandmaster. I'm not really a huge fan of Tetris in general, and will never understand the reverence for Tetris on the Game Boy or NES... but this version is just perfect. It just feels so good to play. Super fun game.

Havoc2049

Some more recent pick-ups.

Another crazy, yet fun game game for the Switch Lite.
OQbpn0B.jpg

Hyping myself up for Shenmue III. 343 is currently on the second book of two trilogies of Halo pulp sci-fi. Both trilogies take place before the events of Halo Reach and Halo CE. Battle Born is following a lone Spartan III on a secret mission for ONI, as he leads a team of young adult rebel fighters, fighting the Covenant invasion on Meridian, before it was glassed. Oblivion follows a young Master Chief and Blue Team, in an early operation and battle against the Covenant.
v4ILwkX.jpg

I'm really digging the Outer Worlds box art and raised gold foil lettering.
zXfpsH6.jpg

Its pretty tough to top a new Mercedes but here goes :messenger_tears_of_joy: (sweet ride btw) another solid Amiibo hunt, still up to date between 2 stores, the first one didn't get Simon Belmont in today so I found it at another EB Games just before they closed. By my count there are about 6 characters in the Smash series that don't have Amiibo's just yet.

rp9EylMh.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Finished this on Game Pass last week and loved it - so I thought it would be a nice thing to actually own 🙂

Digital only people will never understand this thread 😄

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom