• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 has sold over 5 million units WorldWide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, we don't have confirmation on if that number is sold-through.

Since the source is Frankie, lets hope he clarifies.

meanspartan

This one deserved more, multiplayer is fucking awesome, still play regularly. Best since Halo 3, though that isn't saying THAT much admittedly.

Sydle

Pretty good. It should be able to get a few hundred thousand more on PC, maybe even break a million.

Personally, it's my favorite Halo since the original. I'm eager to see if at E3 they announce there's even more post-launch support on the way.

Best MP in the series. If 343i can build off of where Halo 5 MP is when they launch Halo 6 it will probably be the best overall package the series has seen.

Fix the writing and story execution though.

There's a moment in Halo 5 when
Cortana tries to trap Chief in a sphere for like a thousand years or something and my imagination ran wild with the possibilities. But obviously they went the more traditional road and she was stopped from accomplishing her goals in Halo 5.

I just want them to shake up the story told in Halo. It has such an incredibly rich universe but the story in the games just isn't living up to the rest of the media. The multiplayer is pretty awesome though which is the most important thing at the end of the day.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Good to see it doing well, I enjoyed Halo 5 but it's the first time I barely touched the multi. I played maybe 6 matches?

Probably has something to do with most of my friends switching to PS4 this gem from 360 last gen.

The campaign was good, but could have been longer.

Graphics were hugely disappointing, but that's more to do with XBO than 343i.

Bring on Scorpio in time for Halo 6 please.

I figured it was around 3 or 4mil at this point, but 5mil after 3 months is great. Especially after Halo 4, MCC, and just the XB1 in general. Dat MP is right up there with Halo 2.

Hey you guys know what other game "sold" close to 5 million? E.T.

I'm not saying Halo 5 hasn't sold through 5 million copies, just that 5 million shipped doesn't mean much. If you had 5 million shipped at the end of 2015, combined with digital sales, it could very well have actually reached 5 million... I just want to see the receipts!

Javin98

Banned
Misleading title. It shipped 5 million by the end of 2015 and considering it sold through 1.7 million in the US by the end of 2015, I think it's fair to say Microsoft overshipped.

blakep267

Misleading title. It shipped 5 million by the end of 2015 and considering it sold through 1.7 million by the end of 2015, I think it's fair to say Microsoft overshipped.
It sold retail in the US 1.7 million. Your not counting digital for those 3 months or worldwide( which is basically UK).

see5harp

Good to see it doing well, I enjoyed Halo 5 but it's the first time I barely touched the multi. I played maybe 6 matches?

Probably has something to do with most of my friends switching to PS4 this gem from 360 last gen.

The campaign was good, but could have been longer.

Graphics were hugely disappointing, but that's more to do with XBO than 343i.

Bring on Scorpio in time for Halo 6 please.

The multi was the best part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom