• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just found papers by door saying "go back." My family's muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out for 10 minutes and came back and found a bunch of papers lying outside the door with "go back" written on them. I'm pretty fucking spooked right now. It's really weird because I'm in California in a very diverse city (my high school was like 80% asian), and my neighbours are Korean and Indian. Wondering if I should call the police, but I'm not sure what they would even do?
zoMnBSo.jpg
The writing isn't very threatening looking, but who knows. I just hope some mentally unstable kid isn't gonna come with a gun or something. Hopefully it's just a prank. :/

And man, this is such a buzzkil for a first thread. I always thought it would have been something cool.

Edit: Spoke with the police and reported the incident. Gonna get some cameras for the house. Thanks everyone!

mackaveli

That's fucked up.
The writing seems to be pretty poor for an adult but I'm no expert.

I don't think it would hurt to call police and perhaps they would canvas the area and ask the neighbours etc., and some kid would fess up?

M52B28

Banned
Looks like a child's cursive, if they still practice it in schools these days.

Even though you're in California, understand that this state houses some very conservative people all over despite being progressive. Report it to the police, do not take it lightly.

daemonic

Banned
I can't imagine what kind of person it takes to pull this shit. The act of finding the paper, pen, sitting down to write something vile and to actually leave it at someones door.. just sickening.

Might want to give the police a call if this happens again, or now according to the others. At least this person did not spray paint 'go back' on your house.
Also, they should be arrested for having such shit handwriting.

Alright, my mom knows someone in the sheriff department so he said he's going to come through. He said there's never really been reports of this in the area, so it's likely a prank. That's good news at least.

strange writing, done purposely ?

Yeah, that is what came to mind immediately...not a child's handwriting, just an attempting to disguise handwriting.

Pretty fucked up, op. I don't think the cops are going to do anything but as others have said it's a good idea to call them anyway. Don't touch the paper if you haven't already.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Sucks man.

I would at least report it, even though there won't be much they can do you can get it on record somewhere that it took place.

So if it continues or escalates (let's hope not for either) you have an open channel already with law enforcement.

ErichWK

This is as much as your home as it is theirs. Fuck those people. What's wrong with people god that makes me mad for you

Writing style doesn't seem very threatening. Most likely a casual message from somebody who can't take drastic action. Had it been written in blood and stained in piss, then you'd have to keep a shotgun handy.

entg4hZ.jpg

The G looks like a stick person gesturing "get out"
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw these was this scene? I said "we have to go back" in my head and started laughing. Then it hit me when I got inside.

Thanks for all the concern everybody. Really appreciate it.

Saganator

I'm not an expert, but it looks like the handwriting of someone who rarely writes/reads English handwriting. You said you have Korean neighbors? Looks like someone who is use to writing like this...

Trying to write in cursive.

Absolutely horrible regardless who did it. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this crap OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom