• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All Info regarding Overwatch:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=206142820

lolHanzo

Fear Mei-BAE

Before you ask yes we lost, yes this was in competitive play and yes this was on PC.

rVKYE4d.png

-----

Community Stuff

GAF User ID List (quote to see, tabs at the bottom for PC/PS4/XB1)

Discord Server (quote to see)

Veelk

Banned
Only got a partial answer in the first thread, so posting this again.

Question: how long before we get updates to the game. Like, maps and new characters are coming, I know that. But what about costumes?

Also, also, maybe this is too much to hope for, but can we get a VS omnics mode? It seems wierd we have all these backstories around this apocalyptic event, but all the heroes fight each other with no omnics in sight. Team fortress 2 had a mode against robot invaders, right? Why not this?

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Half way into matches I stop getting any of my stats tracked and no numbers show up next to the flame that indicates a kill, is that a bug or something?

Stat!

Joined a game on PS4 for final two minutes. Got 4 kills on my teams, earned a gold medal. See team comp are Hanzo, Trancer, Genji. Why...

xezuru

I love watching no hero limit to see every game be double winston double tracer double lucio fun fun very fun.

noooooooooope

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This OP took only 2 minutes to create.

Another 8 minutes and he can be a Torn or Reaper pro.

Don't worry its easy being an OP, I mean how hard can it be a 10 Thread creator or 100 Thread creator

I mean once you know how to OP, you're OP =}

Someone post some salt quick.

That stupid D.Va ult ruined my perfect 16-0 run with Luico in the latest match I just had with a Gaffer here (finalflame). I hid behind the rock in Hanamura while defending, thinking that it is safe from the ult , but nope; I died just before the match ended. WHY? I almost had a clean run with no deaths.

/Salty

I genuinely wish I could ask these players why they choose not to help the team or why they think they are helping the team.

Why is the Mercy only healing McCree the whole game?
Bruh, they're just being a pocket Mercy, they're going to be the next Seagull style combo.

Starting to get a bit better with Pharaoh after playing some Gaf matches. Being able to float around route 66 raining down missiles unopposed in the air absolutely crushes the enemy team.

Mercy has the lowest winrate in terms of picked characters, and the second worst is
Hanzo
. Mercy is amazing when you have great positioning and know who to prioritize in terms of healing, and who/when to buff. Tunnel vision/pocket Mercy without Lucio is bound to fail in solo que, and a lot of those bad Mercy players don't look around their teammates who have critical health icon.

The unprotected Mercy is another issue with pubs. She doesn't work without a reliable Reinhardt or someone to watch out for backline flankers.

http://plays.tv/video/57799e384c29b53941/overtime-shutdown-overwatch-reinhardt-protatomonster

Play of the Match, 5 kills in the play, 2nd in damage and kills, 1st in Objective Time, 26k damage blocked, still can't win the damn match.

This is what playing Reinhardt in competitive feels like.

1LmuK9s.png

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Mercy has the lowest winrate in terms of picked characters, and the second worst is
Hanzo
. Mercy is amazing when you have great positioning and know who to prioritize in terms of healing, and who/when to buff. Tunnel vision/pocket Mercy without Lucio is bound to fail in solo que, and a lot of those bad Mercy players don't look around their teammates who have critical health icon.

The unprotected Mercy is another issue with pubs. She doesn't work without a reliable Reinhardt or someone to watch out for backline flankers.

I love the people who need healing and are on the roof of a building, outside my LoS! <3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fell down to 48. Clawed my way back up to 52.

Time to retire at my new lifetime high.

Gator86

As a rank 56, level 90 why was I put in a game with unranked level 25s on my team? The other team had 3 ranked players, all with higher levels than our team. What the absolute fuck? I had the gold for kills in the first round with two on Mercy. I was pocket boosting the only other ranked person on my team, a Pharah, just to see if they could do anything and it took her over a dozen rockets to take out a lone turret. Of course, we got obliterated.

Gkr542V.gif

Half way into matches I stop getting any of my stats tracked and no numbers show up next to the flame that indicates a kill, is that a bug or something?
Buddy of mine had this issue the other night. He was using Lucio but his heal numbers never increased passed the first round. On PC.

A teammate leaves. . and it says I can leave the match without any penalties so I'm thinking "Cool screw this."

I can't play another match until this one ends?!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
From 63 to 48. The downward spiral continues. I really do not understand this games match making. I don't claim to be an amazing player or anything but I've never played a video game were I'm on the losing side as much as this one. It's totally baffling and making the game very unfun. Like why bother playing when I already know the likely outcome?

Jarate

Banned
Why the fuck are people allowed to leave the game and not get fucking banned from playing for an hour or two in comp, there are so many shitters just quitting the moment they start to go bad

I really need a place to vent, I just went through 3 straight matches of fucking idiocy. WELL THERE'S NO BUILDER ON OUR TEAM AND WE'RE PLAYING THE PS4 VERSION WHERE PEOPLE CAN'T AIM, MIGHT AS WELL GO GENJI

Oh, there's 2 people who have already picked tanks, gotta pick mah d.va, cause mah waifu!

Oh man, there's no healer, well, that's ok cause im playing Hanzo!

I fucking loathe the human beings who play this game. It's asinine to me, you're playing a mode based around trying to win, im stuck playing the only fucking tank on our team while the rest of our squad is like, OH WE'RE PLAYING OFFENSE, BETTER GO BASTION

From 63 to 48. The downward spiral continues. I really do not understand this games match making. I don't claim to be an amazing player or anything but I've never played a video game were I'm on the losing side as much as this one. It's totally baffling and making the game very unfun. Like why bother playing when I already know the likely outcome?

Do as I do and go back to Quick Play

Lesath

Well now I feel less bad about my drop from 53 to 49. I had to claw my way back up to 50. It's bullshit how I can get knocked down an entire ranking from being a support in a losing underdog team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom