• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nordic game sales 2015

Faustek

K7dclDm.jpg
fVrFgAk.jpg

cX15PSy.jpg
gonDPSD.jpg

odzGehP.jpg

Source

This coupled with the digital sales actually looks good. Sweden Only for those numbers though.

Faustek

No surprise it being PS4 country here in Sweden, but would have thought PC market would have been bigger.

Well not everyone wants big ass PC boxes....I love those myself but still.
Kinda weird to see it beating out XBO though but that what happens when we are deemed a tier 2 country. The PS360 was actually pretty close to each other not heavily skewed as it is now.

EDIT: check out 2010 number

Isn't as heavily skewed then but Microsoft really dropped the ball on anything that wasn't US or UK. So their demise is kinda their own fault.

Took me awhile to realize this is about games sales in nordic countries and not Nordic Games lol.

My bad, I always forget about them tbh.

Sakujou

Banned
i think this means retail pc game sales only right? or does it include digital sales too?
i think ps4 and pc are much bigger just because of that.

also "others" would be interesting... is that nvidia shield or the OUYA?

Labadal

I'm surprised at how big the difference is in PS4 vs XBONE sales.

The 360 is still going strong for a system of that age.

PSP actually selling better than previous year was funny.

The N3DS is trucking along.

The PS2 is not completely dead.

Faustek

I'm surprised at how big the difference is in PS4 vs XBONE sales.

The PS2 is not completely dead.

Nothing to be surprised about. Many of the "features" aren't launched here, we are a tier 2 country.

PS2 will probably never die. I still buy sealed copies to this day from regular stores.

Ouch at PS Vita, and a little ouch at XBox one. But PC is looking healthy :)

Kinda funny how I can buy PSV games from Amazon UK/DE and still save about 30% with shipping. That is if I want it day 1 even weirder that we get so many physical releases of it anyway. I mean check the store, a sale is always happening.

PC boxes are beautiful ^^

u_neek

So practically 1/10 Danes, Swedes and Norwegians bought a PS4 in 2015. That's pretty impressive even if Scandinavia has always been Sony territory.

artsi

Nothing to be surprised about. Many of the "features" aren't launched here, we are a tier 2 country.

I don't think there's even Finnish language support in the XB1 UI yet, while Playstation has had it since PS3. We've always been second tier in many ways.

Top Bottom