• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC Specs & Preload Info

Nzyme32

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - PC System Specs and Preloading
11 AUGUST - POTICHA

6678436b00a9bf1ea42327043b7525aad19dacc3.jpg

Adam Jensen is on his way back, with now less than two weeks before the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided! Here are a few bits of information to get you ready.

PC System Specifications

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

Preloading

On Steam, preloading will begin on Friday, August 19th at 09:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST

Glass

I bought my 980ti for two reasons, Witcher 3 and this. So hyped. Might just have time to blast through DX1 before this.

Nzyme32

Yeah. All seems pretty reasonable thus far and good spacing for the Pre-load. Want info on 21:9, and hopefully some kind of new implementation of that weird sneaking movement system, and the annoying black screen pre-animation for take downs

Specs look fine, except the 16gb ram for recommended, that's a bit too high, imho.

The game, even system/world/mechanics wise, don't really warrant that much ram, as far as the videos have showed. Plus the consoles can only use 5-6gb ram, as far as I know.

I'm guessing they are covering thier asses. Still, a 8gb requirement for both Min and recommended would've covered them.

Oh well, look forward to the DF coverage.

Edit: The game also has a dx12 renderer, and I believe(?) support for AMD new hairworks features, could be the reason for more then 8gb ram for recommended.

Nzyme32

Specs look fine, except the 16gb ram for recommended, wtf?

The game, even system/world/mechanics wise, don't really warrant that much ram, as far as the videos have showed. Plus the consoles can only use 5-6gb ram, as far as I know.

I'm guessing they are covering thier asses. Still, a 8gb requirement for both Min and recommended would've covered them.

Inb4 "16GB RAM?!?!".

Too late! I have no idea what the recommended spec constitutes. I doubt it will be akin the consoles with a 970 being recommended, so I assume there is a reason for 16gb recommendation

Durante

Recommending more RAM makes sense to me, if the game as implemented can actually use it for caching or similar purposes.

Anyway, looking at this I expect it to run well at 1440p. Maybe some downsampling.

My new 1070 decided to die on me this morning, so hopefully Amazon will get the replacement shipped out to me in time. I'd hate to see how my old 670 will struggle with this at 1440p :p

Vuze

Looks reasonable, anyone remember the horrid DX11/12 comparison they did which just consisted of extra bloom etc? :D

Dec

Specs look fine, except the 16gb ram for recommended, wtf?

I think RAM minimum requirements mean absolutely nothing beyond a certain point.

I've got 6GB and have zero worries about anything. That Mirrors Edge beta was the same thing (16Gb recommended) and it ran as well as it should have on my 970.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Uh... I find it hard to believe that this game will run well with everything maxed in 1080p on a 970 (take a wild guess why), and by running well I mean constant 60 FPS with no issues on NVIDIA's hardware. This game is supported by AMD with their Gaming Evolved program and chances are that the new verison of TressFX will be running well on NVIDIA's hardware is very low, at least at the time of release. Plus.... well, DX12... NVIDIA is not very good at it unfortinately. So yeah, I'm not expecting to much from this game in terms of performance even on OC 1070.

Too late! I have no idea what the recommended spec constitutes. I doubt it will be akin the consoles with a 970 being recommended, so I assume there is a reason for 16gb recommendation

Heh, I forgot the game also has a DX12 renderer, going along the lines of a few dx12 games so far, (quantum break, Gears of War remaster), and the high ram requirments, maybe that's the reason they are recommending 16gb ram?

It could also be due to the tress fx 3.0, but I assume that would be more cpu/gpu driven then memeory, correct me if I am wrong though.

Vex_

Banned
expected these specs.

Might still get on ps4 though even though I got a 980 that will absolutely smash this game...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Why should it? That would just mean that the maximum settings are rather unambitious.
You just never know with these recommended requirements really.

Just look at these Hitman's recommended requirements for example and this:

DX11
hit_1920.jpg

DX12
hit_1920_12.jpg

The game runs horribly on a recommended GPUs (yeah, min 45 FPS is not good in my opinion). Damn, I can't even get stable 60 FPS in 1080p with my OC 1070 for Christ's sake with FPS drops to goddamn 40s at times and this game is not even using any NVIDIA or AMD tech.

I'm just saying...

Wooo, I meet the recommended! Anybody got advice on where to pre-order? I see Games Republic has it for $40, but I'm never bought from there before and I wanna make sure that I get a key before release to preload.

Phionoxx

Can't wait. Got the game pre-ordered from GMG. Hoping they get the keys early enough to take advantage of the preload window. Going through DXHR:DC in the meantime!

FaintDeftone

Yeah the recommended specs is exactly what my system has (i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, 970) so hopefully I can achieve 60fps or close to it.

I may wait for some performance tests before I pull the trigger on the PC version just to be safe.

Top Bottom