• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC Specs & Preload Info

Lister

Banned
The bypass guy, here is what he said.

pa3n7hb4nlex.png

What a piece of shit.

prag16

Banned
What a piece of shit.

Well, I mean, yeah, he's an asshole. But I'd say the onus is on Denuvo to be able to withstand such an attack, if they want to be the end all be all industry standard "anti-tamper" solution. In short, if this guy does this and succeeds, I will be mostly angry with Denuvo, not him.

Have just trawled through some gameplay footage now is it just me or does the Animation on the main character look terrible almost like it's running at 12fps or something I ain't talking about the takedowns as they look great just the main character ducking,walking and diving etc...in game

Mifec

Well, I mean, yeah, he's an asshole. But I'd say the onus is on Denuvo to be able to withstand such an attack, if they want to be the end all be all industry standard "anti-tamper" solution. In short, if this guy does this and succeeds, I will be mostly angry with Denuvo, not him.

Which is why he said he is doing it, to prove that denuvo is bad for the industry. (obv he could be lying but who knows)

SCB3

Very similar to the last game, my GTX 950 should run it for at least a few weeks before my 1070 comes

Deadbeat

Banned
The bypass guy, here is what he said.

pa3n7hb4nlex.png
Doesnt sound like hes that determined. Someone else will probably do it anyways.
It has denuvo for sure. That's why I got it for 35 freedom moneys off cdkeys.
What I am waiting for is some of these cheap videocard cd keys for this game. Isnt there supposed to be some deal happening soon? Cause thats what I am waiting for.

Corpekata

Banned
What I am waiting for is some of these cheap videocard cd keys for this game. Isnt there supposed to be some deal happening soon? Cause thats what I am waiting for.

Not likely. Nvidiia especially is in a season of high demand for their cards so won't be doing that for a couple months. They do have some smaller scale indies for like the 1060.

If anyone was going to do it with this game it likely would have started by now. Wouldn't expect anything to start until like October.

Lister

Banned

Who withstands a DDOS attack though? I guess the time it's down will be the sticking point, but Valve can't do it, Microsoft can't do it, Sony sure as hell can't do it. What do you expect these guys to do about it that multi-billion dollar companies can't?

This guy is just an asshole that needs some locking up.

Pagusas

Elden Member
This will be that game that forces me to upgrade my 770gtx.

What do you think gaf, should I upgrade my whole system or just grab a 1080gtx and stick it in?

Right now I have:

2600k OC'd to 4.7ghz
8gb Ram (I'll upgrade this to 16 if I stay with this system)
GTX770
Asus p8z77v pro Mobo.

Just throwing a 1080gtx in there honestly would probably be more than enough for a few more years.

Otherwise I'd upgrade to:

6700k Skylake
32gb Ram
1080gtx
a Mico ATX or ITX Board
a low profile HTPC Case

Costly upgrade, but it would be nice to have a slimmer case. I'm just not sure if there will be that much to gain from a 2600k to a 6700k upgrade. Its really hard to justify buying ram for this current system given that its obviously a dead end and will be a short term patch.

I suppose I could break apart my system and sell the pieces. Looks like 2600k's can fetch $150, could probably get $100 for the 770gtx.

Regginator

I really feel we should move away from the recommended requirements and actually say something useful. Is it 30fps on high, 60fps on low, something in between, yadda yadda.

Also, I see Windows 7 is a minimum and Windows 10 is recommended. I guess it's because of DX12? I wonder how well they've implemented it. I wonder if the 16GB RAM has something to do with that...

Deadbeat

Banned
Not likely. Nvidiia especially is in a season of high demand for their cards so won't be doing that for a couple months. They do have some smaller scale indies for like the 1060.

If anyone was going to do it with this game it likely would have started by now. Wouldn't expect anything to start until like October.
Well the cheapest legit key I found was 45 syrup dollars. Looks like thats the lowest Ill get it.

I really feel we should move away from the recommended requirements and actually say something useful. Is it 30fps on high, 60fps on low, something in between, yadda yadda.

Also, I see Windows 7 is a minimum and Windows 10 is recommended. I guess it's because of DX12? I wonder how well they've implemented it. I wonder if the 16GB RAM has something to do with that...

Yeah. Total War Warhammer was good for this. The develoeprs said you'd expect Ultra 60fps on Recc I think and 30 on Min. I think. Something similar at least.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nice. I'm in the clear! Maybe my 2500K is gonna fall a little bit in the middle, but I hope my 1080 can compensate for it at 1080p.

dr_rus

Personally I would prefer Vulkan as the standard over DX12 because it just works for more people and not just Win10 users.
Sure but if we're talking about Win10 only (and that's hardly a stretch as at some point even the most die hard fans of 7 and 8 will upgrade to 10+) there really isn't much difference between DX12 and Vulkan.

DOOM has had amazingly improved framerates with Vulkan.

Meanwhile, every game with DX12 has performed noticeably worse than with other DirectX versions, with no word on improving the API from Microsoft, just PR BS from MS and Nvidia to the tune of "X is not a good indicator of DX12 performance."

Oh yeah and any dev that uses DX12 is just playing in to Microsoft's Embrace Extend Extinguish strategy.

Doom's situation has a lot more to do with AMD's OpenGL driver quality than with what Vulkan allows.
Not every DX12 game have performed noticeably worse than with other DX versions, and if we're talking about AMD specifically most of DX12 games are performing better on Radeons.
DX12 is improving, 1607 brought a new set of changes which will allow the same shader functions which are used by Doom Vulkan on AMD h/w for example.

Tovarisc

It's AMD's Gaming Evolved title. I will expect it to run like utter shit on NV h/w until benchmarks will prove me wrong.

Really hoping that the 980 Ti will do well with this. It's my most awaited game of the year and I never asked for that delay from February till now. Would suck if AMD promos meant making the game run like shit on Nvidia.

Why narrative like this is laughed at and everyone crawls out of woodwork to come up with stuff like "AMD drivers just suck ass!" when AMD users have concerns over NV massaged game(s), but now everyone seems to be silently nodding and agreeing?

----

Hopefully my i5 6600K/16GB/980Ti can get job done with this game, loved HR and have high hopes for MD!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I know this can seem hard to understand, but graphics technology improves and gets more demanding, even at 1080p. Shocking, I know. Resolution isn't everything.
Yeah, very shocking and I didn't know this, thanks for pointing out...

Because 1080p is really not that demanding anymore (except very few games)?.
... I guess.

The 770 in those Hitman benchmarks was never supposed to run the game maxed out at a good framerate. That is not what the recommended specs were referring to.
And to what exactly they are referring to? But you know what....it doesn't matter, the game runs like shit and can't sustain constant 60 FPS even with 1080 at 1080p (!!!). It looks to me that someone's hands growing from their ass.

I don't see how Vulkan is any different to DX12. The running assumption that it is stem from the fact that AMD's OpenGL is in an awful state while their DX11 is just mediocre.
The problem here is not APIs, it's a human factor and laziness in a very large amounts. It's like "Why do we even need to optimise our games if people can always buy a 2x 700-1200$ GPUs to run our games at 60 (and above) min FPS? Yeah! Problem solved! Fuck those single GPU owners!".

This will be that game that forces me to upgrade my 770gtx.

What do you think gaf, should I upgrade my whole system or just grab a 1080gtx and stick it in?

Right now I have:

2600k OC'd to 4.7ghz
8gb Ram (I'll upgrade this to 16 if I stay with this system)
GTX770
Asus p8z77v pro Mobo.

Just throwing a 1080gtx in there honestly would probably be more than enough for a few more years.

Otherwise I'd upgrade to:

6700k Skylake
32gb Ram
1080gtx
a Mico ATX or ITX Board
a low profile HTPC Case

Costly upgrade, but it would be nice to have a slimmer case. I'm just not sure if there will be that much to gain from a 2600k to a 6700k upgrade. Its really hard to justify buying ram for this current system given that its obviously a dead end and will be a short term patch.

I suppose I could break apart my system and sell the pieces. Looks like 2600k's can fetch $150, could probably get $100 for the 770gtx.

What framerate are you playing at? If you're sticking to 60FPS then you should be fine with just getting a 1080 probably.

I remember playing Human Revolution Maxed at a high fps on a 6870 back in the day.

And now that wouldn't even meet the minimum, hows technology really gone that far?

Which bypass thing, the temp one or the working one? Cause Tomb Raider is fully cracked now by someone else.

Well I am sure excited to not being able to play the game on release. Woohoo.

Voksi, the bypass that got patched. He also said he is "holding the button to nuke denuvo"

It's gonna suck going into low settings just to eke out 60fps. My poor 7950 is on its last legs here and I don't have the dosh to upgrade, yet.

SlickVic

I remember playing Human Revolution Maxed at a high fps on a 6870 back in the day.

And now that wouldn't even meet the minimum, hows technology really gone that far?

Well it's been 5 years since Human Revolution and a new console generation in between. Not too surprising that graphics specs have changed quite a bit since then.

NIN90

HR released towards the end of its gen, when PCs were generally running circles around every port.

Jebral

Got an EVGA 1070 FTW coming tomorrow. This game was the partial impetus for that purchase. Bring on the image quality and fancy hair!

Nzyme32

Almost forgot about the Dawn Engine Tech Demo. Curious to see how well this lines up with the final release and performance

Also reminded me of Microsoft's hilarious use of the demo as "only" possible with DX12 when the example they use isn't due to DX12.

Which is why he said he is doing it, to prove that denuvo is bad for the industry. (obv he could be lying but who knows)
Bolded doesn't make any goddamn sense to me, lmao.

Nzyme32

On paper RX480 is quite a bit weaker than GTX970; URL

That is a crap metric to define "weaker". We've seen the 970 perform worse than the 480 in some benchmarks and better in others. They are quite similar. AMD does well with DX12 games thus far, and being an AMD backed game I expect some tweaks to make that the case here. However I do not expect some kind of massive performance woes for DX11 GTX 970. DX12 I expect to show similar issues to every DX12 game, as they do in Vulkan. Nvidia still have work to do on their drivers.

Top Bottom