• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 shows "PS4 Console Exclusive". Coming to PC? (Nah)

DryvBy

Yakuza 0 is sporting the PS4 Console Exclusive case. PS4 Console exclusive cases essentially mean they're also on PC. Here's an example of this case and games

CtTx_02WIAAfXvZ.jpg
81payubAC1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

vs. the traditional PS4 Exclusive case:

Is SEGA doing this? Are they bringing Yakuza to PC?

Special thanks to this dude for pointing this out.

edit:

For people saying it is a mistake
129642brp.jpg

This was the image before the game got an official rating. It would be weird to go from "only on PlayStation" to "PS4 console exclusive game" accidentally after getting an ESRB rating.

Their official website shows it now too:
CtT18wOXYAA3DvO.jpg

MegaMelon

On the one hand that would be awesome since I could just play it on my pc now. But on the other hand it would be one less exclusive to buy a ps4 for.

Pudge

Yakuza 0 is finally coming to the console choice of a new generation! Finally, I'll be able to play Shenmue 6 on my
Ouya
!!

MUnited83

For you.
To be fair, it's not like the "Only on Playstation" case means much either. Games with it have come to PC, several times, sometimes in matters of months (Dragon Quest Heroes). But yeah, this likely means we'll see a PC port soon enough. Makes sense, Yakuza needs as many sales as it can get.

Mechazawa

It was announced as console exclusive along with KOF and Ni-oh at PSX. It's coming.

Just hope Sega bothers dumping the other games on PC too.

gelf

I take that labeling to mean Sony isn't specifically paying to keep it off none console platforms so the option is open. But it's no guarantee. I don't see Sega porting it unfortunately.

Wasn't this known a while back?

Could've sworn we knew it was coming to PC. Not officially but hinted at it. Good news regardless.

Jacqli

The irony of this situation is that it is not even PS4 console exclusive as it was also released on PS3 albeit without localization.

Tizoc

Fyi there was a thread about this months ago about this but for the life of me i cant find it
I do think it was made by grief.exe tho :p

dreamfall

I feel like we've had this speculation before when the game was announced for the West - here's hoping it comes to PC, and then they release all of them on Steam!

Jawmuncher

To me it makes sense.

Yakuza seems to be their franchise that they spend a relatively large budget on. However the games only have success in japan, along with their niche fans in the west on playstation. Adding PC to that would probably help their western sales out along with bringing them some more cash. If Valkyria Chronicles can go on to sell like a million copies on steam. I'm curious to see what something like yakuza can do.

Niche games seems to be finding quite a well home on PC for the bigger japanese IPs as of late.

OMG, please let it come to PC.

If they ported all the others I'd double-dip in a heartbeat.

I mean, they even ported the HD collection to Wii U so I guess nothing is out of the question. I'd definitely hop in with whatever they released, I've been wanting to try out this series ever since I heard the Shenmue comparisons but for some reason I never did.

Top Bottom