• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP:Duterte compares drug killings to Hitler, he'd be happy to kill 3 millions addicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

He just compared himself to Hitler and considered it a favorable comparison.

They wouldnt even give protection to the guy that testified against him. Its crazy over there!

He talked shit about Obama! Im surprised Trump doesnt love this guy

ISOM

They wouldnt even give protection to the guy that testified against him. Its crazy over there!

He probably does love the guy but hasn't had the opportunity to say it.

gdt

But you see the Filipinos are tired of the curruption and they feel like this is the only guy who can fix it. You pampered Americans shouldn't judge them. You have no idea how bad it is down there. Just mind your business and go back to your meal clapping.

Branduil

No one who voted for this genocidal maniac should ever live it down. It should be branded on their foreheads forever.

Finaika

giphy.gif

Valhelm

contribute something

Staunchly anti-business and anti-US. He's more like an anti-Trump.

Slaughter the addicts? How about treatment instead. I remember his declaration of war on dealers but now he wants to kill all the users too?

If he wants his hyper violent war on drugs he should at least take George Carlin's bit and crucify the bankers that launder the drug money. Hit the money supply and maybe you can have a real impact.

Follow the drugs you just find drug dealers. Follow the money and...who knows where it will take you.

But you see the Filipinos are tired of the curruption and they feel like this is the only guy who can fix it. You pampered Americans shouldn't judge them. You have no idea how bad it is down there. Just mind your business and go back to your meal clapping.
I can slap my thigh with one hand to clap and point disapprovingly with my other hand at the Philippines while talking down to them.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

About sums up the social pinoy cyber

Staunchly anti-business and anti-US. He's more like an anti-Trump.

Trump's actual business record and foreign policy ideas beg to differ.

Gattsu25

Banned
Slaughter the addicts? How about treatment instead. I remember his declaration of war on dealers but now he wants to kill all the users too?

If he wants his hyper violent war on drugs he should at least take George Carlin's bit and crucify the bankers that launder the drug money. Hit the money supply and maybe you can have a real impact.

Follow the drugs you just find drug dealers. Follow the money and...who knows where it will take you.

There's another aspect to it. The police won't investigate the slayings so you can murder your neighbor, claim that they were a pothead, and no one will ever care.

His supporters are murder hungry people who watched The Purge and found inspiration.

Matty77

Fuck this guy with satans pitchfork. Waiting to hear how it's a different culture and I know nothing about drug abuse and addiction and what it does to a community even though I live in the center of the New England opiate crisis.

Seriously fuck this guy and fuck the excuses of those who defend him I don't care what your culture is mass murder is never okay.

I vow not to visit my home country until he is out of power.

I always remind my relatives who support this dolt how much damage he is doing to the country every change I get.

I checked the story on a few sources as I thought for sure the tweet was making sensationalist edits. Nope, turns out it's pretty much verbatim.

Their drug rehabilitation centres are overflowing with patients but that's a silver lining on an otherwise extremely dark cloud.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Well it all makes sense now. I'm in the US but my cousin and friend who are also Filipino said the exact same thing. Like it was amazing seeing my cousin go for the gold in mental gymnastics and she even admitted she knew nothing of the situation yet defended Duterte like he could do no wrong.

Well now I understand why my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand has seen a large influx of Filipino immigration. I hope that they like it here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well now I understand why my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand has seen a large influx of Filipino immigration. I hope that they like it here.

Good news is that duterte and a shoe collection aside, pinoy and pinay peeps are invariably awesome

Ironically the actual Nazis were massive amphetamine junkies

Oh and giant morphine addicts.

OT: I sometimes wonder if we are actually reaching a boiling point, because it fucking feels like one. Duterte, Trump, the seemingly out of nowhere far-right push in Europe... It's all coincidental, but I wonder if it's part of something larger.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm worried that the populace that loves him for whatever reason will become super radicalized and usher in some new wave of vigilante terrorism.

Burt

He probably does love the guy but hasn't had the opportunity to say it.

Don't worry, he'll get hit with that favorite foreign leader question soon, and since we're all pretty much numb to his Russia love, this dude's a lock.

la_briola

He just compared himself to Hitler and considered it a favorable comparison.

And people defend this guy?

This guy?

Some (many?) people in Asian countries don't see Hitler as negative. You get (e.g) taxi driver saluting you with "Heil Hitler" if you mention that you are German. It is very surreal.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Duterte is using public outrage over drug use to convince them to look the other way while he murders his enemies and competitors. It's the only theory that makes sense.

I have to admit I supported his candidacy while I was living in Manila earlier this year. I had no idea he was this crazy. I mean he said it would be bloody but shit man he's not only cracking down on small time shit, he's cracking down on political dissent, and that's the most frightening aspect of it. His most outspoken critic in the Senate has already been accused of having ties to drug lords.

Joni

I believe there was a topic here on GAF where Duterte had a plan: users could give themselves up or be considered targets as well.

I sometimes wonder if we are actually reaching a boiling point, because it fucking feels like one. Duterte, Trump, the seemingly out of nowhere far-right push in Europe... It's all coincidental, but I wonder if it's part of something larger.

There are people behind Trump and the far-right making sure they are well-funded. Duterte seems more like a country that is fed up with the local situation.

pa22word

I have to admit I supported his candidacy while I was living in Manila earlier this year. I had no idea he was this crazy. I mean he said it would be bloody but shit man he's not only cracking down on small time shit, he's cracking down on political dissent, and that's the most frightening aspect of it. His most outspoken critic in the Senate has already been accused of having ties to drug lords.

Don't take this personally, but I imagine this sentiment will be running common in the US if trump wins.

KarmaCow

Who knew a person who advocates for mass extrajudicial killings would also try to stifle political dissent.

f0lken

Remember: This is also the guy who had this to say about a murdered rape victim: "She was so pretty the mayor (him) should have been the first (to rape her)"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

WOW. Who could have seen THAT coming?!?!?!

Don't take this personally, but I imagine this sentiment will be running common in the US if trump wins.

Oh no doubt, there's alot of similarities for sure between him and Trump.

However he has actual experience in government, and he was actually a very savvy tactician during the election. Trump wishes he was half the politician and debater Duterte is.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Honestly I had alot of friends from Davao that vouched for the guy. Even during the elections he positioned himself as the stern father figure, not the fucking crazy dictator that he is now.

No I get it. We all have that good ol' father figure who advocates brutally torturing and murdering the unwanted and leaving their corpses in the street. It's perfectly normal politics.

What's shocking is how the utterly insane psychopath who advocated murder, could be a twisted dictator who slaughters those who oppose him. I truly mean it...who could have seen that coming? Who knew?!

To all of you who supported him...if it took until he compared himself positively to Hitler, to realize he was a piece of shit....Not sure what to say.

OT: I sometimes wonder if we are actually reaching a boiling point, because it fucking feels like one. Duterte, Trump, the seemingly out of nowhere far-right push in Europe... It's all coincidental, but I wonder if it's part of something larger.

5ft9c.jpg

The Alt-Right isn't going to die until Putin hangs. Duterte is yet another pawn like Farage, Trump, D.Duke, and Lutz Bachmann among a large list of Russian agents who belong in a cell for treason.

sphagnum

Banned

The rise of nationalists in the West isn't a coincidence, it's a direct result of the collapse of the left following the fall of the USSR and the subsequent inability of liberals to deal with the problems that their own economic policies generate, plus changing demographics spurring on fear of the other. And thia is manipulated by the Russian government as well to destabilize their rivals through funding radical right wing parties worldwide. Duterte doesn't have those motivations, but the rest is all tied together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom