• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP:Duterte compares drug killings to Hitler, he'd be happy to kill 3 millions addicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrito

How can people downplay 700000 people who wants to change? Regardless of the truth of thr numbers, the fact that they can't accomodate the large number simply means a lot want to turn a new leaf.

If it wasn't duterte and some other president amd all this killing issue is non existent, that event should be something to be glad about.

It doesn't excuse duterte at all but man this thread brings out all kinds.

I don't downplay how great it would be if 700 000 people really wanted to get clean.

I just think it's completely bogus. It doesn't work like that in the real world. Drug addicts don't simply see the light because they're affraid of vigilantes or because they're inspired by their new "charismatic" leader, or at least not in such numbers. There's a chemical and biological aspect to addiction that makes things much more complicated.

It just sounds like a made up story to be able to say "see, I did solve the Philippines' drug problem in six months like I promised. So I don,t have to resign".

How can people downplay 700000 people who wants to change? Regardless of the truth of thr numbers, the fact that they can't accomodate the large number simply means a lot want to turn a new leaf.

If it wasn't duterte and some other president amd all this killing issue is non existent, that event should be something to be glad about.

It doesn't excuse duterte at all but man this thread brings out all kinds.

Because we don't know if these 700000 are real drug addicts in the first place or even if the numbers are real.

killatopak

I guess the problem is proving if they are addicts now? How do we prove them though. Should the UN intervene to check?

Kusagari

When you have people scared for their lives because even being called a drug user by a neighbor can get them killed, it's incredibly hard to take the the number of so-called addicts turning themselves in at face value.

Ozigizo

700000 people that are so afraid of being killed in the streets that they turn themselves in.

How does this sound OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom