• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 UK Steelbook Ed. Announced, Magnum Confirmed, New PS4 Theme on JP PS+

Jawmuncher

Looks like Game.co.uk announced a Steelbook Edition exclusive to them in the UK, other non-US regions are also getting the steel book as well. Their preorder bonus confirms a magnum will be in the game. Also at least for this box art, the PSVR banner is much nicer and takes up less space than what we have seen on the American Boxart. I still feel that this logo will be the standard box art and replace the creepy girl cover which was shown earlier, since all store fronts including PSN have dropped that image.

vclqljtpc1yx.jpg

There is also a new PS+ only theme on the Japanese PSN, that plays a jewelry box version of the Aunt Rhody theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU_5hU-iWT8

If you would like the theme this is what I did.
- Make a Japanese Account
- Set the Japanese account's Home PS4 as the current PS4
- Go to Save Data Management
- Click on Cloud Storage
- It will offer a 2 day PS+ trial, (No credit card needed) accept
- Go to the PSN Store, and click the PS+ logo. It should be the first item you see
(If having trouble finding it that way, search for BIOHAZARD in PSN. You want to see テーマ which is japanese for theme to make sure you have the right item)

Sources:https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5db8zk/re7_magnum_confirmed_in_new_uk_promo/
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...d_7_resident_evil_ps4_theme/?ref=search_posts

Wish they wouldn't put logos on the themes. They look so much better when they're as minimal as possible. I don't need the logo to tell me what game I have a theme from.

That would be so perfect without it.

Jawmuncher

Amazon France and various Austrian retailers also have the steelbook already, more retailers to come probably.

Cool, will update the OP.

No steelbook in the US? Fuck.

I don't think so. US doesn't get Steelbooks as often as the other regions for whatever reason. The Gamestop Deluxe is regular plastic, but with the red version of the logo.
The CE that had a the replica house, I think will be the US CE, since it's already in the gamestop.com database. Which didn't include a steel book either. Unless they change that for NA.

PLEASE have something similar to the US! Especially that steelbook!!!

The family looks pretty normal and kind of happy from far away...well, except for the dead body.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
If magnums in this are as effective as they are in REmake then 4 bullets are a godsend.

Jawmuncher

Ammo as pre-order bonuses.

Ammo.

As.

Pre-order bonuses.

*barf*

What

Preorder for ammo

What

The pre-order bonuses across the board are pretty weak. Ammo, Health Items, Ammo. There's something called lucky coins as well. But no idea what they do. Apparently the items are more geared to the madhouse mode which is also a pre-order bonus (But still unlock-able in game by beating it once) Which is like the hardest mode I guess. But I think the preorder bonuses can be used in any difficulty. So it really is more or less just opening a box in RE1-3 and seeing some items already in there. Lame, but better than them locking DLC to preorders.

DukeBobby

65 fucking quid? So they're charging £15 more than the already ridiculous £50 price point for the case and a couple of shitty DLC items?

Are they having a laugh?

-shadow-

I legit love the artwork! Should've lowered it a bit however so that the console bar wouldn't cover it partially...

Finnroth

Those logos on the top really ruins the cover. Would be nice otherwise.

While the logos do distract, they're usually on a separate plastic fold around the box (in case of a steelbook, that is), so in theory you can just strip it.

not even unlimited ammo or ammo that gets reloaded everytime you load the game
ammo that you can only use one, lmfao

I'd rather have costumes as DLC than ammo, thats just silly

I really hate preorder bonuses that just make the game easier. Makes no fucking sense.

Don't worry, they thought that through too. Instead of having to play through the game like a regular pleb to unlock the hardest difficulty (madhouse mode), they made that a preorder bonus too. Perfect. They really did think of everything.
>_________>

oti

Banned
I feel like I know next to nothing about this game and yet it's coming out in January already.

I like this! This is exciting!

Spinky

That steelbook would be so, so beautiful if it wasn't for all the PS/VR stuff on it.

Even if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be buying from GAME, though. Christ, I can't stand GAME. 65 fucking pounds? And for those terrible pre-order bonuses? You can't be serious.

£65 is what I'd expect people to be selling this on eBay for months after release.

JayEH

well it's not like there's much they can give away as a pre order bonus really I guess. Still pretty dumb.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The item pre-order stuff was already know, there's different little item pack stuff. It is what it is, I'd rather have that than some other options and RE7 is hardly the first game to do this. I bet it'll be stuff that start off in your item box.

The more interesting bits gameplay wise I surprisingly don't see many commenting on is the items contents itself. It was already kind of confirmed there were grenades in a game, but first time kind of seeing them, and it being a "special grenade" is a bit weird.

Furthermore, the lockpick item has to play the role of small keys in REmake, and seeing it makes me realize an item I previously assumed was a second screwdriver is actually a lockpick. Which is an interesting note for exploration: It means that there will be certain doors/drawers/whatever you can probably only open with a lockpick, but as a lockpick is included with a pre-order package, it gives the impression there may be less lockpicks in the game that there are things to unlock in the game, which is interesting. It sort of takes that 'use your supplies wisely' element and adds a layer of that to exploration.

Solid Fuel & Gunpowder is also interesting. Gunpowder might suggest there might be an ammo crafting system ala' RE3. There were other kind of hints about this elsewhere, but this makes that theory a bit more likely. I'm not sure if I think the Solid Fuel is involved with this possible ammo crafting system or is just an additional "fuel pack" for the flame thrower.

The image doesn't make it clear if it means four extra magnum shots, or if it means four extra magnum boxes. However, if there was any doubt, this does confirm there's a magnum (which was previously not confirmed).

Top Bottom