• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 UK Steelbook Ed. Announced, Magnum Confirmed, New PS4 Theme on JP PS+

Jawmuncher

The item stuff was already know, there's different little item pack stuff. It is what it is, I'd rather have that than some other options and RE7 is hardly the first game to do this with. I bet it'll be stuff that start off in your item box.

The more interesting bits gameplay wise I surprisingly don't see many commenting on is the items contents itself. It was already kind of confirmed there were grenades in a game, but first time kind of seeing them, and it being a "special grenade" is a bit weird.

Furthermore, the lockpick item has to play the role of small keys in REmake, and seeing it makes me realize an item I previously assumed was a second screwdriver is actually a lockpick. Which is an interesting note for exploration: It means that there will be certain doors/drawers/whatever you can probably only open with a lockpick, but as a lockpick is included with a pre-order package, it gives the impression there may be less lockpicks in the game that there are things to unlock in the game, which is interesting. It sort of takes that 'use your supplies wisely' element and adds a layer of that to exploration.

Solid Fuel & Gunpowder is also interesting. Gunpowder might suggest there might be an ammo crafting system ala' RE3. There were other kind of hints about this elsewhere, but this makes that theory a bit more likely. I'm not sure if I think the Solid Fuel is involved with this possible ammo crafting system or is just an additional "fuel pack" for the flame thrower.

The image doesn't make it clear if it means four extra magnum shots, or if it means four extra magnum boxes. However, if there was any doubt, this does confirm there's a magnum (which was previously not confirmed).

The lock pick stuff is interesting. Wonder if it will result in big items potentially being missable like the keys in RE2.

Top Bottom