• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Nintendo Switch accessories shows up on EBGames Aus. Includes USB-C cable.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Via: http://nintendoeverything.com/first...ames-australia-system-may-use-usb-c-charging/

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-nx-...-Extra-Long-3m-Charging-Cable-Nintendo-Switch

224251_detail.jpg

USB-A to USB-C Charging Cable compatible with the Nintendo Switch Console.

Cable Length = 3m

USB-C for Switch as good as confirmed.

Figments

Three meters? I demand six meters for MAXIMUM EFFORT.

Still, good to see it's likely gonna be USB-C. Now Nintendo actually has a reason to drop wallplugs from their packaging. :p

Retrobox

Pretty sure many wouldn't have given Nintendo the benefit of the doubt on that one, so yeah. Modern stuff. I like it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
switch-accessories-1.jpg

Also nice to see what Switch game cards look like.

RedToad64

I wouldn't take this as full confirmation yet. Remember that company that made an NES Advantage clone for the NES Classic Edition, and it didn't work?

Pretty sure many wouldn't have given Nintendo the benefit of the doubt on that one, so yeah. Modern stuff. I like it.

Considering Nintendo went with the long-obsolete USB Mini connector on the Wii U Pro Controller, I think people were right to be worried about that!

Caelus

I wouldn't take this as full confirmation yet. Remember that company that made an NES Advantage clone for the NES Classic Edition, and it didn't work?

I think we saw a charging cable in the reveal video, in the airport scene. I'm leaning towards believing USB-C charging.

Zedark

Have to say, that case looks rather nice. Simple yet effective design, and (even though it probably is standard) there also seems to be a card holder in there.

Vena

USB-C's been rumored for a while, so this is further evidence to suggest the standard.

"Our customers should still have chargers laying around from their Wii U"

Not the same charger type so this is kind of dumb to reference, WiiU and 3DS were also dumb proprietary standards.

Maybe a stupid question, but if you use a usb 2 to usb c cable, aren't you limited to usb 2 charging speed?
Edit: nvm I forgot about usb 3 being a thing.

Beegeous

I'm thinking the cable will go into the base with the tablet charging in a similar manner as the Wii U tablet in its cradle (bare brass connectors).

Seik

Banned
At least we know that even if the battery is shit it'll charge quickly at least.

That's a big plus to me.

sanstesy

That's a very, very poor photoshop of the Switch in that case. Not that it can't be an official EBGames product, but why wouldn't Nintendo provide promotional material of their official merchandise?

It's not a photoshop, you can clearly see it sitting in that case comfortably with Breath of the Wild running.

Wikzo

USB-C makes total sense, since it allows for data transfer, video transfer and charging, simultaneously.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Now the battery is a non issue, being so easy to recharge with a power accessory, I hope they went super ambitious with the specs.

Jackano

Does having USB-A on one end kills the purpose of fast charging & everything?

I was expecting a USB-C to power lines plug.

Reallink

Not including a charger and cable would be a really really bad idea with all the shit tier, unspeced, device destroying Chinese USB C cables out there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fantastic. That should all but eliminate the battery life complaints.

Does having USB-A on one end kills the purpose of fast charging & everything?

I was expecting a USB-C to power lines plug.

Not really. I have a USB-A to USB-C charger for my Moto Z Force and it charges just as fast as my standard USB-C only chsrger that came with it.

emb

That'd be great if they can go ahead and use a standard. Will be the first USB-C device I have, but I expect them to be very prolific going forward.

Plum

Not including a charger and cable would be a really really bad idea with all the shit tier, unspeced, device destroying Chinese USB C cables out there.

I'm expecting a wire but not a charging cable. The Mini NES comes with a Micro USB cable so I can't see why the 4-5 times more expensive Switch won't.

Top Bottom