• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh | Last Chance Trail Reveal Trailer | PS4

Corpsepyre

Banned
Why did this have to be like Dark Souls?!?!?! I wanted something like Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden with fast, over-the-top gameplay. Fucking Dark Souls.

Espada

Oh man, I'll be playing the hell out of this demo over the weekend. I am a damn fiend for Nioh, it'll be a nice taste of all the changes from the Beta before the actual release date.

I wonder if we earn anything in-game for completing this one.

derFeef said:
That does not bode well for the full game if they are worried, or whatever the reason is.

Nonsense, this team has been incredibly confident in their handling of the game since its re-reveal. The alpha and beta demos, their responsiveness to player feedback, etc.... The end result is the glowing impressions we've been hearing about the game's final form from journalists this week.

AAK

Why did this have to be like Dark Souls?!?!?! I wanted something like Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden with fast, over-the-top gameplay. Fucking Dark Souls.

That's the brilliance of Ni-Oh. For people that want to experience the fast paced style of action there's plenty of stances, mechanics, and skill upgrades to accommodate that style of play.

Oh man, I'll be playing the hell out of this demo over the weekend. I am a damn fiend for Nioh, it'll be a nice taste of all the changes from the Beta before the actual release date.

I wonder if we earn anything in-game for completing this one.

A new mask.

Drencrom

The two others have been too. I think it's because they need to have specific demo servers up.

That does not bode well for the full game if they are worried, or whatever the reason is.

What? Why are you guys jumping to conclusions about servers?

The last "demos" weren't demos, there was an alpha and a beta. This is timed because it's a trial and the game's launch is soon so.

bombshell

For those who have the skill to make it through the Last Chance Trial, a number of extra rewards for the final game await you. Beating the Main Mission will net you the Ogress Headgear, whereas completing the Twilight Mission will give you a last chance to secure the Mark of the Conqueror and Mark of the Strong from last year's Alpha and Beta.

To access the Ogress Headgear in the final game, you will need to keep your save data from the Last Chance Trial so don't delete it until launch! For Mark of the Conqueror and Mark of the Strong, you will be prompted to download DLC that you'll also need to keep on your PS4 until launch. In-game, visit shrines to receive these ”Boons" and reap the rewards!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/18/nioh-last-chance-trial-begins-january-21/

GHG

Looks fucking amazing.

Not sure I will play this beta as I don't want to risk burning myself out before the full game comes out.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Once you get accustomed to the systems and learn how to manage your stamina and such it gets pretty combo and character action heavy especially with the faster weapons

What are you talking about? They have been far more confident than most developers who are in their situation. They released a bunch of sub par games these last few years and are taking on a ten year old project that has gone through multiple iterations. They've been very open about the changes made after the alpha and beta and have been on the money with those changes. Not only that but we've gotten tons of previews, hands on footage from the press and gamers alike and the general outlook has been one of positivity and excitement.

Lets put it this way. Most devs don't release any demos and they're doing 3 before release.

Also, the release date for the main game has finally been changed on the NA PSN.
zGzLQxJ.png

Artdayne

Oh crap, didn't know that the Kusarigama was in this game! For Honor is going to have it too, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Top Bottom