• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

apparently Gravity Rush Remastered is a rare game now

Carnby

Sellers on both Amazon and eBay are asking for around 150.00 dollars for a new copy. It must have gone out of print this month because that is when the price shot up according to pricecharting.com.

HYXI6Qg.png

Hold on to your copies GAF.

Toki767

Well it was only ever sold physically through Amazon to begin with I thought. Makes sense that they didn't print a large amount of copies.

Brb going to buy all GS exclusive retail games.

I don't know how people have the strength to keep their games in plastic. I would open that sucker up even if I don't play the game in a year. Oh well I'll keep mine because it's a damn good gem to keep.

But... it's available in the psn store.. what in...

*checks how much suikoden 2 is going for nowadays on ebay*

huh.
i'll never understand the collectors market.

Should i just seal this thing in plastic and buy it off PSN if i ever get the urge to play it?

that seems to be the case, yeah.

jbueno

Really now? Got my copy last April for 20 bucks off Amazon, Platinumed the game, and shelved it. Never getting rid of it, loved the game.

Kind of want to get a PSVita copy now that I finally bought a system.

entremet

Eh. Physical media these days isn't even that appealing. No manuals. Flimsy cases. Patches.

If I wanna play it I'll get the digital version on sale.

ironmang

Brb going to buy all GS exclusive retail games.

I don't know how people have the strength to keep their games in plastic. I would open that sucker up even if I don't play the game in a year. Oh well I'll keep mine because it's a damn good gem to keep.

I keep all my games in plastic until I play them. Sometimes it takes a couple years before I get around to a game. I could see someone with mild interest in the series being like "fuck it, I paid $40 for this so I can just sell it for 4x that on ebay and buy it digital".

Falchion

I remember almost buying this physical but ending up getting it on a PSN sale. I don't really care though, it was a great game.

schaft0620

Amazon was the only place that solid physical copies, not many printed.

I have it, Firewatch, Saturday Morning RPG, and Little Big Planet 3 Plushie Edition!

it was $24 on prime i remember debating getting it

hopefully there is a reprint

The game was $15 at one point.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got the Asian release, so dunno if that counts.

Though while I do have the LE of Gravity Rush 2 Asian region, there's a misprint on the region (it should be R3 but it's labelled as R2). Hope it becomes rare!

LotusHD

Banned
The sequel already seems like a rarity, so that bold well for the future. /s

Lol jokes aside, there were so many times where I actually wished I could replay the first one. Taught me that I shouldn't be so quick to trade in my games, at least the ones that greatly appealed to me lol

So yea, definitely keeping the sequel lol

Ryne

Still kicking myself that I didn't buy the physical copy on release.

Teaches me to put smaller run games on the backburner.

schaft0620

People have traded it into gamestop, you should check. It's $40 my local stores had it in stock.

Eh. Physical media these days isn't even that appealing. No manuals. Flimsy cases. Patches.

If I wanna play it I'll get the digital version on sale.

I got about 100 games, I like looking at em ya know

That sucks. I sold my vita copy for 2 bucks after sony handed it out for ps+ lol. Having played it, I can't justify 100+ for the game. No matter how rare a remastered version is, it's not worth that much.

Bought the remastered digitally for like 20 bucks. Plastic and a disc for an extra 100 lmao. That's terrible.

Hmm, makes me wonder if I should buy steins/gate 0 now, even though I can't imagine myself getting to it for at least another year

So my bf and I went to GameStop on the 3rd of this month and he spent $100 there on me instead of picking up Gravity Rush remastered I instead got FFXV online for $40 really punching myself in the face for this one ugh :(

I know in the US at least, it was Amazon exclusive for a physical copy.

I'm guessing that it wasn't expected to sell well physically and Amazon maybe only ordered a low amount of copies? I know it was still in stock until relatively recently, so maybe that was that whenever they eventually just sold out.

In any case, have had my physical copy since day 1 and not gonna let it go. It did get minorly damaged when it shipped to me though -- was just in bubble-padded manilla envelope, so the front of the case got crushed a tiny bit and it looks like someone ran their fingernail across the front a bit, not enough to tear but enough to warp the plastic a little.

Top Bottom