• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Furred Reich: The truth about Nazi furries and the alt-right

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynt9

http://www.newstatesman.com/science...-reich-truth-about-nazi-furries-and-alt-right

Though furries – people who dress up as animals, occasionally for sexual purposes – often face criticism, it is something other than Foxler’s fur-suit (known as a “fursona” – fur persona) that has drawn the internet’s ire. The problem? On his left arm he is wearing a red armband, emblazoned with a white circle, in which sits a black symbol.

foxler.jpg

“It’s obviously not a swastika,” claims Foxler – who also insists his furry name is a portmanteau of “Fox” and his real surname, “Miller”, not “Hitler”, as many online argue. Foxler says he first began wearing the armband – which features a paw print in place of a swastika – after he dropped out of high school and started playing the online role-playing game Second Life, in which the band was available as a character accessory.

“I didn’t take any consideration because of my lack of World War Two knowledge,” he says. “I don’t think I could ever take it off at this point, it’s so ingrained into my character, my fursona.”

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
“It’s obviously not a swastika,” claims Foxler – who also insists his furry name is a portmanteau of “Fox” and his real surname, “Miller”, not “Hitler

Yeah fuck off mate

L Thammy

Flipping fursecution on its head.

This isn't the first time I've seen Nazi fursonas, though. I remember one that hated Nazis while also being a Nazi. It was weird.

“It’s obviously not a swastika,” claims Foxler – who also insists his furry name is a portmanteau of “Fox” and his real surname, “Miller”, not “Hitler”, as many online argue. Foxler says he first began wearing the armband – which features a paw print in place of a swastika – after he dropped out of high school and started playing the online role-playing game Second Life, in which the band was available as a character accessory.

“I didn’t take any consideration because of my lack of World War Two knowledge,” he says. “I don’t think I could ever take it off at this point, it’s so ingrained into my character, my fursona.”

Honestly I can't even be mad at this. Its too ridiculous, I can't stop laughing.

"After he dropped out of high school and started playing Second Life".
lol

mavo

Banned
Ill believe whatever he says about his life without second thought, if the gentlemen inside a fox suit for the purpose of sexual arousal says he has never seen a swastika i believe him.

First, they came for foot fetishists but I didn't say anything because I am not a foot fetishist.

Then, they came for the submissives but I didn't say anything because I am not a submissive.

And finally they came for me and no one was left to speak up...cuz they were all wearing fursuits.

Viewt

This story is a roller-coaster of "Oh, wow, that's a Hitler Fox costume - wild" to "Aw, man, he dropped out of high school to play Second Life? That's so sad" to "Dude, you're wearing a RED TIE - don't act like you don't see what everyone else sees."

Joezie

Watching this transformation has certainly been weird.

Nazi Furries started off as a bunch of Wehraboos.

Then somewhere along the line they transitioned to edgelords wanting to troll people while looking "cool."

Now they have seemingly bought actual propaganda and I can't tell whether I should be laughing or crying.

The_Kid

Oh God this guy is now on here? This drama never ends. XD

FYI: Everyone in the fandom knows what a piece of shit he is. He's been on record making a nazi salute, racist remarks, etc. he claims his name "Foxler" is some dumb combination of his real name and Fox (fox + Miller) but everyone sees through that shit. A convention the group frequents recently banned the armbands after people threatened not to go.

For the most part (and I emphasize "most" because like in real life some popular people get glorified who are horrible) the fandom is super inclusive of everyone.

Morat

Banned
Do any of these people realise they would have been sent to the death camps in a second? It's like Russian neo-natzis - how do you not see that your idols considered you an untermensch?

PSqueak

Banned
I will never not be baffled by nazi furries.

Like, do they think Hitler would approve of their life style?
Really?

tim.mbp

Although I initially found nothing, some other furries - who are against Nazi furries - message me some screenshots of comments they claim Foxler has made on YouTube, in which he says "I hate black people" and "I stand by Hitler".

Foxler admits he made these comments but tells me he was just "trolling".

lol

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Proof there are scumbags in every niche group.

Anime avatars get too much heat I always give furry avatars the side eye

As LBJ said "If you can convince the nerdest weeb that they're better than the dirtiest furry, they won't notice you mocking them. Hell, give them a fandom to look down on, and they'll beat themselves up for you"

badrang

" Over the last week, #AltFurry has gained attention on Twitter after Foxler used the hashtag to thank the group for supporting him. Qu Qu says that the origins of the term ”alt-furry" are confused, and to avoid it being co-opted or used wrongly, he decided to turn it into an ”explicitly right-wing movement".

”I rule with an iron fist and crush dissenters beneath my footpaws," he tells me over Twitter's direct messaging service."

OH MY GOD

LOL @footpaws--Never break character, never ruin the magic

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I will never not be baffled by nazi furries.

Like, do they think Hitler would approve of their life style?
Really?

Maybe the Furry Nazi ideology is actually about exterminating non-furries, as a response to their persecution at the hands of the furless. You know, like Magneto.

L Thammy

I think Nazi furries occupy a similar space as Tila Tequila being a Nazi. I don't think there's any reasoning involved, it's more like their life is in a very strange place and this is just how it's continuing on that path.

RinsFury

Do any of these people realise they would have been sent to the death camps in a second? It's like Russian neo-natzis - how do you not see that your idols considered you an untermensch?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess these guys are about as educated as the average Trump voter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom