• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's first rally as president to be held in Melbourne (FL) this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6467

Is there anywhere in the country he could show up and not get protests? I mean, even in the deepest red states, there are pockets of liberals who are fuming over everything. I can't imagine he can go anywhere untouched at this point.

daveo42

Banned
Awesome. My dad works right down the street from there. Based on timing, I'm now questioning whether or not family members will be attending the rally as most of them are Trump supporters.

RPGCrazied

The area he's going to is 70% red.

Well, there are liberals in Florida, like I said, they can get in a car and drive down there. And just because its red doesn't necessarily mean they support Trump. Plenty of GOP don't support Trump.

Ithil

What the hell is a "presidential rally"?

A thing where the insecure president tries to pretend it's still election time and he's still campaigning so he can attempt to recapture the nice feelings he got back then instead of the constant anger and bitterness he has now in office.

Steel

Banned
Well, there are liberals in Florida, like I said, they can get in a car and drive down there. And just because its red doesn't necessarily mean they support Trump. Plenty of GOP don't support Trump.

A smaller percentage of republicans switched to Hillary than the percentage of dems that swapped to Trump. They're not gonna protest.

The area he is going to is about an hour drive from one of the larger liberal areas in the state.

You're not wrong.

norm9

This is like me procrastinating on at office on a bad week and doing just about anything else in the world except the work I'm supposed to do.

They'll be too busy protesting Bill Nelson's town halls to do that.

But hey, prove me wrong liberals...prove me wrong.

Cutebrute

So he's going to Florida yet again this weekend.

To those intending to protest at this event, I wish you the best. This president doesn't need or deserve a safe space.

KoopaTheCasual

No seriously, what the fuck is a "Presidential rally"?

I'm not imagining that this is highly abnormal, right? I understand Presidential speeches and conferences, where the President has to address the local public. But, has a President ever set up his own masturbatory general rally for no purpose other than to hear his own voice?

C.Mongler

You need text verification to secure tickets? That's too bad, because Mr. WeakAss Bitch certainly isn't giving out his real telephone number to secure two spots so someone else can't have them.

Quoting myself from a thread months ago:

My impressioon:

Trump doesn't want to be president. He doesn't give a shit. To him, this was a publicity stunt to promote his brand and it got out of control.

He will continue doing what he's already been doing, and that's stroking his ego.

He'll travel around the country, giving speeches on how America is great again, holding rallies for the cheering crowds, but he won't do anything in office.

Pence is your president now.

Be worried about Pence.

Link to original thread.

I'll be honest and say that I'm surprised it took him this long, though the ongoing revelations of the Russian connections do shed new light on the situation.

Tovarisc

how conveniently close to mar-a-lago

You mean New White House?

His first one? There's gonna be more?

According one of those WH Leak Twitter accounts [take mountain of salt with you to those] Trump feels cooped up in WH and wants to hit the road, do rallies etc. This tweet came today, hours before this rally was announced.

-------

Is he first US President to do rally / rallies like this?

Tovarisc

Seriously. It's so transparent. Trump is treating the presidency like a weekday job and Republicans are silent of course after years of lying about Obama.

Few more weekend trips to Mar-A-Lago and media will start ripping into Trump about those constant trips. I saw 3M USD / weekend to float around as cost for these weekends off, but next weekend is easily double that now thanks to rally.

He's gunna be campaigning through 2020 isn't he..

He is already raising money for 2020

-Mikey-

Wish I could join the inevitable protest.

If you live within a reasonable distance, fellow gaffers, please go to the protest! I just started getting active in the community last month and it's a great feeling knowing you're making a difference. Protesting is one of those ways!

Good luck!

Something to keep in mind. If it costs the tax payers 3 million dollars every time he goes to Mar-a-Lago, how much is this fucking ego boost going to cost them?

Oh my god, Trump is trying his hardest to stay away fron DC. Lazy orange fool.

Stay the fuck out of my state Trump, and take your nazi rally with you.

smisk

Hope lots of people from Orlando etc. come out to protest and he has to cancel. Would be a yuge blow to his ego. I can't imagine him ever having a rally in a major city in a blue state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom