• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Youtube upload loop issue

I'm at a loss. I have read every thread I can find about the issue and tried everything. I have no idea how to fix this.

I am trying not to make a big deal out of it, but honestly I am little frustrated.

Sorry for venting

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm at a loss. I have read every thread I can find about the issue and tried everything. I have no idea how to fix this.

I am trying not to make a big deal out of it, but honestly I am little frustrated.

Sorry for venting
It's bullshit that this happens with the largest upload service there is. Even if for some reason Sony isn't at fault, we're talking YouTube here. You make that shit work.

Aurizen

This is a serious issue, I think someone should create an article about this issue for a faster fix this has been going on since 2014. Happened to me since 4.0. Works on and off...

I've reached a new level of hilarity with this issue.

I signed out of the app. Signed out of the service in the account management tab in the system settings, shut down the PS4. Booted back up, tried to upload a clip, asked me to log in, and voila, I could upload. Uploaded a test clip from sharefactory. Tried to upload the clip I had wanted to all along, a clip from Horizon, and it asked me to sign in again, did that, brought me to the upload screen, and now it gives me non-stop errors with the upload itself.

Freaking nonsense.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've reached a new level of hilarity with this issue.

I signed out of the app. Signed out of the service in the account management tab in the system settings, shut down the PS4. Booted back up, tried to upload a clip, asked me to log in, and voila, I could upload. Uploaded a test clip from sharefactory. Tried to upload the clip I had wanted to all along, a clip from Horizon, and it asked me to sign in again, did that, brought me to the upload screen, and now it gives me non-stop errors with the upload itself.

Freaking nonsense.
That's where I was earlier. For some reason Horizon clips can't be uploaded sometimes. If you import the same clip into Sharefactory and then upload from there it works.

Metalmarc

I encounterd this after xmas and it drove me nuts, in the end when it asked me which account i wanted to post to or log in, i cant remember which, nor why there was two options, i think i had two google accounts linked together or something, or one was a Google name the other psn, anyway instead of the top one which is the correct one, i chose the one below and it fixed it somehow.

Yeah, now it has me back to the endless login loop.

Something tells me this only will get fixed if someone famous like Angry Joe has it happen to them and raises attention to it.

Oh well...guess I gotta use flash drive transfer to my PC to upload to YouTube now. Mildly inconvenient

I haven't uploaded a video to YouTube recently, but I can say the YouTube app has been logging me out about every other time I use it. Might be related.

I haven't uploaded a video to YouTube recently, but I can say the YouTube app has been logging me out about every other time I use it. Might be related.

Yeah. I think it's related at least in the sense that YouTube and PSN are having some sort of handshake issue for some accounts.

I'll keep checking this thread in hopes someone finds a fix

CyberChulo

Looks like this is only happening to Horizon video clips. I went to my other clips to upload to YouTube and it works fine. Once I choose a Horizon Clio, I get the sign in loop issue.

Looks like this is only happening to Horizon video clips. I went to my other clips to upload to YouTube and it works fine. Once I choose a Horizon Clio, I get the sign in loop issue.

Have you figured out a way to break the loop?

I can avoid uploading Horizon clips if I need to, I just want to be signed into YouTube, linked to PSN like it was, able to upload anything else like I used to. I can't break the login loop despite trying everything all weekend

CyberChulo

Have you figured out a way to break the loop?

I can avoid uploading Horizon clips if I need to, I just want to be signed into YouTube, linked to PSN like it was, able to upload anything else like I used to. I can't break the login loop despite trying everything all weekend

If I don't upload horizon clips then I don't have the loop issue. I guess go to linked accounts and resign in from there and then try to upload other clips.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I was googling and found this thread and I'm having the exact same problem.

This is only happening with Horizon?

Replicant

Anyone else having issue uploading videos to youtube via the share app on PS4?

Keeps asking me to log into my google account over and over. Any quick fixes?

edit*

I have the PS4 Pro, and Im on the beta 4.50 firmware

It usually happens when there's an issue either on Google or Sony's network side. My solution is to just wait for a few days. It usually fixes itself.

Ive been uploading to youtube via sharefactory since the problem started happening for me. You have to link the account each time via sharefactory but it works.

I can also broadcast live streams vis youtube after going thru the link process after hitting broadcast gameplay

I was playing around with 2FA on my google account right after this happened and saw a little blurb on my google account page about security changes they did recently so im pretty sure its on their end since i was able to upload several times after the latest PS4 firmware update

Yep. Started recently when i tried to upload my first horizon clip. It was fine for the past few years.

Happened to me when I tried to upload Horizon clips as well.

I'm having this exact issue right now . Is there anyway to get my videos to YouTube or saved some other way

Trying to upload horizon clip like everyone else

It happened to me some days ago when I tried uploading a Horizon Zero Dawn clip.

I was on 4.50 beta on a Ps4 pro. To fix it, I went back to the normal firmware (was 4.07)

I wanted to upload a Horizon clip and now it doesn't work for me. I have the re-login loop. I didn't have any issue on the previous firmware.

Hey JareBear, try this thread, where a ShareFactory developer posts about some upload issues:
http://community.us.playstation.com...n-gameplay-when-over-15-minutes/td-p/46176789

--

I don't get the re-login loop now, I was able to upload a random Disc Jam video but still not Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay.

Hmmmm

Happened to me the Horizon clip too, there is a pattern here

It was before 4.50 too

Mine loop issue is happening for non-Horizon games (NHL17 and Ghost Recon Wildlands). I think its just a coincidence that a lot of people are playing Horizon right now.

As I mentioned below it seems to be a google/youtube issue. I noticed that its not saving the PS4 account link on that end as a Connected Device in the google security options area.

Mine loop issue is happening for non-Horizon games (NHL17 and Ghost Recon Wildlands). I think its just a coincidence that a lot of people are playing Horizon right now.

As I mentioned below it seems to be a google/youtube issue. I noticed that its not saving the PS4 account link on that end as a Connected Device in the google security options area.
Yeah good point the game is so popular at this time period simitsinously with the loop issue.

My problem seems to have resolved itself after happening for about a week.

The only thing I did which may be a solution is upload a clip to my youtubd channel via sharefactory. That was a few days ago and I havent tried either way since and found the normal way worked today without issue.

For those having problems try using sharefactory to upload via youtube, you will need to link the account during this process but it will let you thru instead of looping and then restart the ps4 and try another upload via the normal way and see if that fixes it...

My problem seems to have resolved itself after happening for about a week.

The only thing I did which may be a solution is upload a clip to my youtubd channel via sharefactory. That was a few days ago and I havent tried either way since and found the normal way worked today without issue.

For those having problems try using sharefactory to upload via youtube, you will need to link the account during this process but it will let you thru instead of looping and then restart the ps4 and try another upload via the normal way and see if that fixes it...

I always used sharefactory with Nioh and Horizon although the problem started with Horizon, it comes and goes tho and I haven't uploaded anything for like a week and a half.
Will see next week with Andromeda.

Any of you sort this out? I’m having a problem like this. Every time I share from the capture gallery it asks me to sign in...also the app passwords aren’t working so I’ve got to type in a super long generated password. No thanks. Hoping there’s a workaround or solution.

ron_bato

Had this a few weeks ago, and yeah, I still don't understand what I did to get it fixed.

I signed in to the PS4's youtube app directly, watched a few videos, then started trying to stream one of my gameplay sessions to youtube, then it worked.

But I did so much shit in between (turning off 2fa on google, endless sign in attempts through the link services settings) that I'm not sure what made it work for sure.

This has happened to me on and off for years.It's pretty rare now (it used to be pretty regular), but still happens once or twice a month maybe. Just re-log and it's fine for a while again.

Yea I'm having this issue too. Trying to upload a Destiny 2 clip but nope, just get stuck in the endless loop. Don't know why, since I'm able to sign into the YouTube app normally.

Grewitch

Is anybody uploading after rendering in ShareFactory using the TRIANGLE button? That may cause issues.

Try rendering it via the OPTIONS button, and then uploading when the menu pops up. If that doesn't work, restart the PS4, go into Capture Gallery and try uploading from there.

Maybe that will help?

Top Bottom