• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage shows petrified trans woman plead for her life before being beaten to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

A petrified trans woman begged for her life moments before being beaten to death in a sickening homophobic attack.

Dandara dos Santos was dragged from her home and dumped in a wheelbarrow before being rolled to a back alley and beaten to death amid cheers and laughter.

The terrified 42-year-old is seen crying on the ground as she is kicked, punched and hit with shoes and a plank of wood in front of residents in Fortaleza, Ceara state, Brazil

Horrific footage of the incident sparked outrage after being released by police last Friday to help find the alleged killers.

The video was initially circulated online by LGBT groups in a desperate bid to raise awareness about the huge number of attacks against trans and gender diverse people in Brazil.

Disgusting scum, the pics are bad enoigh and make me feel sick. No way am I watching the video. Poor Dandara. RIP

I aint gonna watch the video because the description is infuriating and heartbreaking enough. I don't understand how you can do shit like this to another human being, especially one that's done nothing to you

Pathetic fucks. Killed someone for what? Show off how masculine they were? The only people deserving of ruthless unempathetic treatment are still alive sadly.

I can't bring myself to click that link. Just reading the OP has me filled with sadness and heartbreak mixed with rage. The fact people took this woman out her house then proceeded to beat her to death is just... And then they go home and act like everything is normal, to live out the rest of their lives as if they just didn't extinguish someone else's life who did nothing to them.

Killed her while laughing. Like she wasn't even human.

Turns out they're the ones that aren't human.

Don't expect justice, at least not from the police. Awful, anger enduring, just... Senseless.

But of course it's transpeople who are the problem isn't it? Fucking sick bastards, I hope they catch these scumfucks and throw the book at them.

Not clicking the link it'll just make me more upset/angry.

Pluto

There's no way I'm going to watch the video, the picture I saw were horrific. I'm glad it was released though, the killers all showed their faces, I hope they get caught and are locked up for life in the shittiest prison Brazil has.

DarkKyo

As eye opening as this is, isn't this one of those stories that you aren't allowed to post here due to how horrifying they are? I could swear this kind of thing has gotten locked before.

Nakho

Is this shit common in Brazil?

AFAIK, it's the worst country in the world in terms of LGBT being killed, in absolute numbers. It's a big country, so I don't know how it compares to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc, in relative numbers... but it's still a total disgrace.

hobozero

There was a documentary I saw recently about Brazil, I wish I could recall the name. Was about the culture of Machismo, and how toxic it is towards women and the LGBT+ community.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is this shit common in Brazil?

If you a way of getting Viceland, the show Gaycation (Ellen Page + Best Friend) did a whole episode on Brazil

There was a hit man questioned on why he kills gays/trans
The answer was just blew my mind
Also a retired former cop... (iirc)

Beefy

As eye opening as this is, isn't this one of those stories that you aren't allowed to post here due to how horrifying they are? I could swear this kind of thing has gotten locked before.

Mods can lock if they want. But as a bi guy with trans freinds, I want to call out sick stuff like this that is directed at the LGBT+.

DarkKyo

Mods can lock if they want. But as a bi guy with trans freinds, I want to call out sick stuff like this that is directed at the LGBT+.

I understand the intent, though 99% of GAF is already sympathetic to LGBT so this just hurts to read about...

UCBooties

You got that right. Especially with the direction that things are moving in the US, we need to remind people of what happens when dehumanizing rhetoric towards trans people is left unchallenged.

Jmille99

Cant bring myself to watch, but shit like this is disgusting. Who woulda thunk that tolerance and acceptance are such difficult things to grasp.

Fuck these people and anyone like them.

There is no god, and this is why I'm comfortable saying so.

Doesn't matter. People have empathy with or without a religion or god.
You don't do this to another person unless your culture or the circumstances you live in are so backwards that it will allow for such things to happen.

capital punishment for all involved. No delayed execution either. As soon as they can no longer appeal the sentence -> firing squad.

I don't know what to say. It's revolting, sickening... The poor woman bleeding, begging them not to hit her, and the fucking monsters hitting her and dragging her and laughing! They're killing a person and they're laughing! Fucking monsters... I hope that they rot in jail, it's the very least that can happen to them. And it would be great if people talked more about violence against the LGBTQ community. Alas, it happened in Brazil.

Matty77

And this is why I feel regardless of identity politics or personal feelings, despite the fact I am cis that Trans Rights are the most important issue facing modern democracy. This goes beyond fair or prejudice and straight into trans people's lives are in serious danger even in supposedly trans friendly areas and the right to life is non-negotiable to me regardless who we are talking about.

Ketkat

I understand the intent, though 99% of GAF is already sympathetic to LGBT so this just hurts to read about...

HAH. That's a good one. Take a look at any supporting trans thread, and you'll see 2, maybe 3 pages. Look at any chance to bash trans people, and you'll see 10+ pages.

I actually got chills reading the op... RIP. This is so tragic, what kind or barbaric mentality let's you kill someone completely innocent while laughing? How can anybody do that?!

MarionCB

I won't be able to watch this; it sounds like something that would haunt you forever. Horrific and disgusting. The ugliest part of humanity, these evil murderers full of hate. This is an abyss.

What can be said? The fact the police released the video means they will do their jobs and get these people? Right?

kmfdmpig

I couldn't watch that as the description alone is heartbreaking. It's scary how terrible people can be, and even scarier when it's a large crowd like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom